cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED. WIN A YEAR OF SERVICE by sharing what you love with #PublicMobilePDA by Nov 22!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PUB1-3331-Community Post-Header-FINAL.png

Hey Community,

As a thank you to our customers, we’re out to make this month a special one. We want to pay it forward this month by putting you, our customers, into the spotlight in our advertisements, as well as offer up the chance to win a year of Public Mobile service to our awesome Community - that’s not a typo, we’re serious about showing our love and appreciation! Just think of it like a Public Display of Affection - no pun intended 😉

How does this work?

From now until November 22nd, 2019, anyone who shares a positive post with #PublicMobilePDA on Twitter or Instagram (see post guidelines below), will have the opportunity to have their message put on display on the digital ad boards in Canada’s biggest cities!

Where

When

Toronto: Yonge & Dundas Square 

Vancouver: Robson Square 

November 22nd, from 2 PM - 6 PM EST / PST (local time)

What should I post about?

All the awesome stuff you already love to share, send, snap text and talk about with your friends and family— that’s the stuff that matters the most to us. 

You can share with us: 

• Your adorable pet pics
  • Funniest texts to friends
  • Must-eat meal snaps
  • Birthday greetings
  • Or whatever you love using your phone to text and post! 

Don’t forget to use #PublicMobilePDA, or else we won’t be able to find you.

What’s up for grabs?

• Opportunity to have your story featured on major digital ad boards on November 22
  • As an exclusive Community perk, we will be selecting three (3) lucky Public Mobile Community members who will receive account credits equal to a year of Public Mobile service. Contest runs November 1 to November 22, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

All you need to do is reply to this message with your #PublicMobilePDA post to enter! By using the #PublicMobilePDA, you’re consenting for Public Mobile to use the content, media attachment and consent of other parties of the post for the purpose of promotional marketing material.

Okay, I’ve shared my #PublicMobilePDA post - what’s next?

• Sit back and relax! We’ll send you a private message letting you know if you win.
  • Get ready to see your message shared LIVE - More details will come in a future edit of this post. Keep checking it out to see when you can see your message in person or digitally!

With that said, start thinking about what you want to share, and we can’t wait to start reading your submissions! Best of luck to all of our contest entrants 🙂

-Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

CONTEST RULES

1.       HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share something that they love to share and post on their phone on the Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted. In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs November 1 to November 22, 2019 at 11:59pm ET.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1.       THE PRIZE

There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

•   One (1) year of Public Mobile service on the $50/mo Ready-Made plan  - base rate plan only (approx value $600):

A voucher credit of up to $600.00 OR the 12-month value of the customer’s current rate plan (whichever is greater) will be applied to the winner’s account to cover service for a period of twelve (12) months. The Public Mobile service includes basic rate plan and winner will be responsible for the payment of any service add-ons, overages and taxes. Changes/upgrades made to a winner’s plan throughout the twelve month period will not affect the Prize credit.  Rewards will continue be applied on winner’s account according to publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.

1.     THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about November 23 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be administered to the Public Mobile account linked to the email address provided in the winner’s release form.

1.     PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1.     QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1.     OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

214 REPLIES 214

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ever since my roommate convinced me to switch to public mobile I've been saving over 70% from my previous provider. I can't believe I waited so long!

#PublicMobilePDA  I miss the great times with my best friend but I can share the memories!IMG_20170701_174913356.jpg

I just want to share that I love my wife, the great outdoors, especially mountains, and the God of this universe and giver of all life and lover of my soul!

#PublicMobilePDA

Franz1986
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

that's a great offer i really like public mobile as my provider very good service in my area>>> love it!!

Timberlandfarm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

#PublicMobilePDA

I'm LOV'IN Public Mobile Heart

kuri

It's a photo I posted to my Instagram last week, but here's my lovely autumn walk the other day. #PublicMobilePDA

71526811_456010145036854_510899849098904363_n.jpg

Cheers everyone.

halifmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

#PublicMobilePDA

Let me see.... my wife, my son, two of my sisters, my brother, his wife, 3 friends, and, of course, I... all LOVE the service for the cost of Public Mobile. We've all gotten more service for far less money. I think Public Mobile's business model (let customers help customers for the simple stuff, but chime in to help with the complex stuff) is a really good one. Everything online. The phone company that is not encumbered with call centres full of people answering phones. Public Mobile customers benefit from Community Forums where almost every question has already been asked, and the answers are all there. No answers by voice to one person. No sir. All questions and all answers are laid bare for everyone to see... and benefit from. It's a model that works in so many other areas. Leverage the internet, crowd sourcing, social media, the mindset that all answers are on the internet, all while reducing drastically bricks and mortar costs. Then ... pass the savings on to the customers. 

Keep up the great work, Public Mobile, so that we can all better afford to send our kid and pet pictures to the people we love the most, our birthday and anniversary pictures, holiday pics, and, oh yeah, even text/picture text anyone on the planet or call people by voice anywhere in the country, all included in the monthly cost. 

And the best thing? NO SURPRISE DATA BILLS! Yes - that's right - you can get a phone for your young person, and they simply cannot incur extra data charges because it is all pre-pay, and when it's done, it's done. No worries! No muss, No fuss!

Oh - and did I mention the surprise flash sales? You can switch your plan at any time to a new plan to coincide with your regular billing cycle start date, and no charge to grab that new special deal on PM's web site.

Keep up the great work, Public Mobile - bringing affordable mobile device plans to everyone in Canada, and unhooking from the "get a new phone every two years" syndrome that makes people think they are getting free upgraded phones (but are actually paying dearly for upgraded phones they don't need!). Folks - just bring your own device and sign up at Public Mobile!

Ed404

@AE_Collector wrote:

Ahhh, that I can understand! Thanks Ed.... ever the helpful "Future Public Mobile Customer!"

AE_Collector

LOL Robot LOL

I assure you I will become a Public Mobile customer eventually, I'm just slow at this.

Ahhh, that I can understand! Thanks Ed.... ever the helpful "Future Public Mobile Customer!"

AE_Collector

Ed404

@AE_Collector wrote:

I don't even know what is meant by item number 2 "post here on the community using the hash tag".

I am not on Instagram or Twitter but AM in the PM Forum. This "#" is the hashtag in my world (though I would much more likely call it the Pound Symbol) but I really don't know what to do with it here! 

AE_Collector

They just want you to type #PublicMobilePDA in your comment. Not sure why because they are meaningless here

I don't even know what is meant by item number 2 "post here on the community using the hash tag".

I am not on Instagram or Twitter but AM in the PM Forum. This "#" is the hashtag in my world (though I would much more likely call it the Pound Symbol) but I really don't know what to do with it here! 

AE_Collector

@Ed404 wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

Sorry for the confusion everyone! There are multiple parts to #PublicMobilePDA as follows:

1. Any post on the Community, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #PublicMobilePDA will be eligible to be displayed on digital ad bilboards in Toronto and Vancouver on Nov. 22 2019.

2. Current Public Mobile customers can post about something they love using the hashtag here on the Community to be eligible to win a year of service. 

3. People who post the hashtag on Twitter and Instagram will recieve a promo code for a 2GB data add-on to be used when activating. 

Hope this clarifies things for everyone 🙂 

Do I need to be a customer to receive this promo code and does it expire?

Thanks,

Ed

@Ed404  No. You just need to post on Twitter or Instagram and be chosen by your entry to "win" the promo code. If you do recieve one then sit on it and stack it with whatever promotion they offer with black Friday and activate an account before the end of November so your contributions to the community count towards a possible community reward.

Edit: Expires November's  30th.

Ed404

@Tiana_V wrote:

Sorry for the confusion everyone! There are multiple parts to #PublicMobilePDA as follows:

1. Any post on the Community, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #PublicMobilePDA will be eligible to be displayed on digital ad bilboards in Toronto and Vancouver on Nov. 22 2019.

2. Current Public Mobile customers can post about something they love using the hashtag here on the Community to be eligible to win a year of service. 

3. People who post the hashtag on Twitter and Instagram will recieve a promo code for a 2GB data add-on to be used when activating. 

Do I need to be a customer to receive this promo code and does it expire?

Thanks,

Ed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiana_V wrote:

@darlicious @madhi19 @Anonymous 

This promo code that madhi19 recieved is infact for new customers to use when activating. If you're already a PM customer, the contest on the Community is where you can share a post about something you love (not just PM, although we do appreciate the love Smiley Very Happy ) and be entered for a chance to win a year of service! 

@Tiana_V, in the announcement it stated we could post to twitter or instagram

How does this work?

From now until November 22nd, 2019, anyone who shares a positive post with #PublicMobilePDA on Twitter or Instagram (see post guidelines below), will have the opportunity to have their message put on display on the digital ad boards in Canada’s biggest cities!

That is where I posted and put a link to that post in this thread.  I also received the 2GB offer for new activations which to me didn't make sense.  Why would an existing customer activate a new account

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time.

Do I need to edit my post in this thread to include what I posted on Twitter to be entered into the contest for existing customers?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

acleve212
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

34F935B7-200E-42B3-A092-19CFDFE74BE8.jpeg

With #PublicMobilePDA I am able to send picture messages to my family and friends of this handsome little man. Since my family and friends don't get to see him often. I have referred PM to 3 family members and they love them. Plans are cheap and very affordable. The data is just crazy outrageously cheap. I love everything about PM

madhi19

@Tiana_V wrote:

This promo code that madhi19 recieved is infact for new customers to use when activating. If you're already a PM customer, the contest on the Community is where you can share a post about something you love (not just PM, although we do appreciate the love Smiley Very Happy ) and be entered for a chance to win a year of service! 

Well that clear out the air so to speak...

Hi @THEnewfie! Sorry about the confusion on the promo codes, we've actually changed the offer on those promo codes to now be the 2GB of bonus data for activating customers. The code you got will be valid for this new offer 🙂 

madhi19

#PublicMobilePDA

Two cell line cheaper than one landline.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

#PublicMobilePDA

Public Mobile is the best because they save me $$$ every month!!!

#PublicMobilePDA

I just went back and read the announcement twice and it vaguely refers to other promos....but it is a little deceptive? More of which concerns me is if I post a pic....which I don't mind them sharing, promoting and/or using. But i don't want to give up ownership of it. Any users have insight on that detail..... @Alan_K  or @Tiana_V  can you offer an opinion? I've been contemplating a perfect post since the contest was announced and have settled on one but i am a little reluctant.

THEnewfie

Well now it's a tad fishy smelling to me here.. because I ALSO qualified for the billboard takeover and got a third different offer. Mine was a free gig of data if I was on a $25 or more plan. Which I'm not and don't plan to be..... But thats another matter. Point is.. different prizes here for different customers??? 🤔😑 anyone got a why for that so I'm not feeling like conspiracy theories are abound

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious @Anonymous @madhi19 

I think the issue is there are two contests going on which is confusing matters.

1 - For current customers/community members - Post in this thread for a chance to win a year of service.

2 - For new customers - Post on Twitter or Instagram for a chance to win some data. You're definitely not expected to post about PM. You just post about something positive and then use the hashtag to enter the contest.

I think in both cases they were expecting people to post normal, non-PM related stuff, and were probably hoping for eye-catching pictures and stuff since they are essentially using them as ads. But I personally don't really do social media and PM is the only thing I care to post about anyway so I chose to praise them like many others did.

@Anonymous wrote:

@madhi19 wrote:
I got this DM on twitter.

Public Mobile

Congratulations! Your message qualifies for our billboard takeover. Head over to publicmobile.ca to claim your special offer using promo code: Redacted. This promo code can get you a one-time bonus 2GB add-on on any plans over $25 when activating. This is valid until November 30th. We will follow up on November 23rd with a photo of your message in case you missed it!

Anybody want to explain that part? Is it a newcomer promo or can I claim the code on my existing account?

Seriously? You win here but only a new activation can use it?!

Yeah.

@Alan_K @Tiana_V 

Congrats though.

@Alan_K  and @Tiana_V  Seriously?!! Public Mobiles contest rules clearly state you have to be a customer to qualify for the contest. Post or tweet what you love love about Public Mobile and the community?  How many non Public Mobile customers are going to do this? Maybe @Ed404  but even hes looking for a better promo than that especially since @Tiana_V  has hinted around that the black friday one should be intriguingly good. Cmon you can do better than this...which comes across a bit like a slap in the face. At least make it equally beneficial ie. Get 2gb data for the price for the price of 1gb! Customers might actually take you up on that kind of deal.  Half sale and half win /win for the customer

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I switched to Public Mobile 3 months ago and I'm still super excited about it! I was happy just to get more for the same price but with all the various rewards I'm actually paying less! I feel appreciated as a customer and I'm happy to be part of such a positive community! #PublicMobilePDA

Anonymous
Not applicable

madhi19
I got this DM on twitter.

Public Mobile

Congratulations! Your message qualifies for our billboard takeover. Head over to publicmobile.ca to claim your special offer using promo code: Redacted. This promo code can get you a one-time bonus 2GB add-on on any plans over $25 when activating. This is valid until November 30th. We will follow up on November 23rd with a photo of your message in case you missed it!

Anybody want to explain that part? Is it a newcomer promo or can I claim the code on my existing account?

cat2019

Love Public Mobile as it encourages public contributions and solves our public concerns with public wisdom 🙂 !

#PublicMobilePDA

cyrusrivers

#PublicMobilePDA

I love public mobile because their plans allow me to stay connected with all my family at reasonable rates.

Need Help? Let's chat.