cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Three Cheers for Bargains! It’s Thrift Shop Day!

I found a Pebble smart watch at a Thrift store for only $15.

Thrift Stores and Garage Sales are my two most favorite things to do durring the Spring and Summer.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A couple months ago my wife wanted me to make this obstacle course for our puppy. I am at the Restore(ran by Habitat for Humanity) looking for stuff to make it and I found a set of Vice Grip brand pliers in great shape for $1 each and to boot I didn't get in trouble for buying more tools because I found a 25 ft piece of 24 inch collapsable heating duct for heating construction sites for $10. Made the perfect tunnel for our puppy to navigate...win win!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favorite thrift store find is when the kids clothes is on sale for 1$ a piece. I was able to basically get my 3 kids a new wardrobe each for 100$ which is amazing!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great finds for clothing at the thrift store.

Found a good quality pair of designer jeans for $12 and a brand new MEC Sweater for my daughter to go camping.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Picked up an old Sony Walkman for $10.....a bit of investigating on-line revealed that it was a 25 year silver anniversary model.....worth much more on the market.  Yay!!!   Donated some $$ back to the Hospital Society running the store.

TMS

A Stars Wars action figure of WEEQUAY wit freeze frame 20 years ago!

An outfit for my stepdaughters wedding rehersal that cost me $5.00

I bought an unopened model kit from the Six Million Dollar Man TV Series for only $0.50 U.S as they were closing their store. 

A massive Brio train set collection in wonderful condition for around $10. My Son plays with it all the time.

I don't thrift shop much but I have this super cute long vintage skirt that I bought maybe 8 years ago that is still in perfect condition and goes with almost anything. Clothes from back then seem to be so much more durable and good material.