cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Three Cheers for Bargains! It’s Thrift Shop Day!

A special controller for a Japanese import video game. I paid only a fraction of what I would pay if I buy it overseas. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found a drinks globe (similar to this) for $75 recently and a gorgeous sake set for 50 cents

I really like to read books, all kind of books. So the best thrift I found was visiting a university bookstore in the fall. I found a brand new history hard cover book published maybe 2 years prior about the sinking of the Lusitania. They were looking to get rid of it so I paid $4. I bought it on a whim. I went to Amazon later to check out the reviews and noticed the same book sells for $40. And it turned out to be a very good book! So this represents like 90% discount. Since then I visit university book stores regularly, lots of bargains on brand new books.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

THREE great fitting shirts for work. Saved like $150!

I usually look out for the tech stuff - a couple of weeks ago I found a wireless home phone adapter, which I threw a Public Mobile SIM into, and use as a home phone! Best for value and service.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At the local Goodwill few years ago there was a complete NES action system complete with light gun and duck hunt/super mario bros and with the original box. However, they knew this would be worth quite a bit and held an auction. Never found out what the final price was but there was probably no deal to be had.

Anyways ended up with some old N64 games... that was my best find.

A Vitamix found in the thift store. WoohooOO!!!

A terrifying home made drawing of a clown, with burnt edges, lacquered to a piece of plywood.

Found it with my brother, he gave it to my girlfriend for Christmas (They intentionally trade terrible gifts)

I just got a 128 GB SD card for camera for only $4! On top of that I found a super nice blue baseball jersey for casual wear for only $15. All at Value Village. It's a good day.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Found an awesome 12V 75 Watt car inverter for $5 at a garage sale that now lets me charge my laptop in my car!