cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Take a Break from Your Phone, It’s Book Lovers Day!

@mh1983 wrote:

Probably Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell is one I could return to time and again. Sadly, it's more relevant than ever. 

I love Vurt by Jeff Noon, too -- very trippy sci-fi. Give it a try if you're into that sort of thing!

Nineteen Eightty-Four is one of my favorites too and I agree more and more relevant as a warninh against pig culture all over the world, another favorite of mine about pig culture is Catch-22 and Atlas Shruged - all of which are more and more relevant as governments all over the world take more and more away from the individuals.

Catch-22.jpg

Atlas Shrugged.jpg

@italocan wrote:

Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace. Great book.

My favorite book from Margaret Atwood too!

@Melissa-H77 wrote:

I still love the lord of the rings trilogySmiley Happy

Lord of the Rings Trilogy is definetly one of my favorites too. But my favorite of all is The Heaven Tree Trilogy by Edith Pargeter, who also writes as Ellis Peters, An Excellent Mystery by Peters/Pargeter is my favorite too - for anyone who likes books set in medeval times and about Love/Loyalty, I can't think of anything better.

The Heaven Tree Trilogy.jpg

The Heaven Tree.jpg

An_Excellent_Myserty_1st_Edition_Cover.jpg

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A time to kill by John grisham

@mh1983 wrote:

@kelvarnsen wrote:

Not sure if it is the best book, but If Chins Could Kill by Bruce Campbell is easily the best celebrity autobiography I have ever read. If your a fan of his work either on the Evil Dead movies, Briscoe County Junior or the original Spider man movies it is worth checking out. The follow up Hail to the Chin is also really good.

LOVE this book and love Bruce Campbell and Evil Dead. Great mention! Hadn't realized there's a follow up; will definitely check that out.

He also wrote a fiction book in betwen the two autobiographies called Make Love the Bruce Campbell way which was basically a satire of his life shooting a movie. It is not as good as the other 2 books but once you get used to his style it is kind of fun.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t know that it’s my favourite, but I’ve read The Screwtape Letters more than once (C.S. Lewis).  I don’t know if that says something good or bad about me ...

523B3D89-4BCB-4A8B-9770-AF3E5D35D67D.jpeg

I love to read - my library has great books and can download them for when you are on the move.

Mayor / Maire

My favorites

Harry Potter - the whole book series. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm only partway through, but I love the Oxford English Dictionary. It's a wild, unpredictable ride. The Aardvark character made a big splash in the beginning and I'm eager to find out when he'll return.

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E Lockhart is the book I always return to... I'm pretty sure I've read it at least 5 times since I discovered it.  Not only is it a YA, but it goes to prove that girls can do anything boys can if they so choose - don't let anyone tell you you can't do something (especially Frankie!), who could them turn around a usurp the hierarchy of the system. Smiley Wink Really powerful, funny book.