cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED - Start Your Consoles: Power Up for our Video Game Day Contest!

Steph_B
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

P2300_PUBLICMOBILE_Banner_VideoGames_DESIGN_V2A_Apr27.png

Did you know that Video Game Day is this Sunday? It’s the day we celebrate all the magical places and characters we’ve come to know and love through video games. What would your childhood have been like without Mario and Luigi? How would you have learned problem-solving skills if you never had to blow the dust out of your Nintendo in just the right way to get it to work? And, how would you kick back and relax after work if it wasn’t for World of Warcraft and Call of Duty? So put down whatever you’re doing, get gaming, and check out these fun facts that will level up your gaming knowledge:

1. The classic Goldeneye 007 for N64 had only nine developers on the team. Eight of them had never worked on a video game before. Talk about nailing it on the first time around.
  2. The total game playtime of Call of Duty is over 25 billion hours. That’s longer than humans have existed. Mind blown.
  3. There is a secret hiding spot in Pacman where the ghosts will never eat you. Game hacks for the win! Check out the cheat in action HERE.
  4. In the original version of Donkey Kong, Mario was called Jumpman and he was a carpenter, not a plumber. A carpenter who jumps on goombas and rides on dinosaurs? That makes no sense.
  5. Grand Theft Auto V’s playing map is larger than Manhattan and the game cost $137 million dollars to develop. You read that right, 137 MILLION DOLLARS. That’s makes it one of the most expensive video games ever created.

How are you going to celebrate? Here’s a suggestion; why not be a couch potato and binge your new favorite game? Or maybe that new game you want is out, but too expensive? Good news! We’re doing a little contest here at Public Mobile. Comment below with what you think is the best video game of all time by Friday, July 13th  at 12:00PM EST and three winners will be randomly selected to win a $50 gift card to EB Games. Game on!

Spoiler

Public Mobile Video Game Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY  
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share the name of their favourite video game on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted. In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs July 6 to July 13, 2018 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

EB Games $50 Gift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile or cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about July 13 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

3. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
81 REPLIES 81

mctnguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The best videogame is Ms Pac Man.  Challenging and never gets old.

retsina

Valkyria Chronicles - PS3 game

I played most of highly acclaimed ps3 and xbox 360 games - more than 100 games. I know I was crazy haha. I liked Assassin's Creed series, Grand Theft Auto series, Metal Gear Solid series, Final Fantasy XIII series, The Last of Us, etc. But, most of all, Valkyria Chronicles stands on the top of the list. It's a tactical role-playing game with third-person tactical shooter elements developed by Sega. The best game of my short gaming life, which lasted only on ps3 and xbox 360 generation.

Ted

SuperNintendo:

The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the past

.. even though The legend of Zelda on Snes is my favorite of all time, i still have to say my 2 other top games: Super Metroid on super nintendo, and Super Mario Bros 3 on the old Nintendo.. best classics!

Have a good gaming time people!

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think the best game of all time is counter-strike . It's a game i grow up with and the game i will continue to play. I think the reason why it's so good is that you can choose to be a casual player or if you wanna compete in high skill level. 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 for NES

Acekiller

bomberman !

Orz

Shenmue gets my vote.

The game is probably nothing by today's standard but it is the first free roam sandbox game. Way before GTA 3 came out I already played a 3D open world game so I wasn't as awed by GTA 3 as much as other kids back then. Shenmue 2 is even better as the world is bigger, more fighting and is staged in Hong Kong.

Needless to say I pre-ordered the re-master and I am also a kickstarter backer of Shenmue 3.

anush36

Grand Theft Auto V

I am really surprised noone mentioned Pokemon Go

This Sunday also happened to coincide with thier community day so lots of people walking around with heads down (Shiny Squirtle Squad!)

Some of my Fav Games (I am sure there are many more)

Bases Loaded

Command & Conquer

Diablo

Maniac Mansion

Master of Orion

Metroid

Punchout

Ultima 7

Timber

Tropico

Super Powers

King of Fighters

Discs of Tron

Spy Hunter

Rampage

@gerbback in the day (before internet) did you figure out how to pull the goalie?

@gerb wrote:

Original Nintendo, "Ice Hockey"

My favorite game was Civilization..... spent many hours building my civ and conquering the world.  

mrcheeses

If I had to pick one game to play for my whole life, I would choose Stepmania. 

I also enjoyed playing through Final Fantasy 9, and Resident Evil 5 multiple times. The most recent game I thoroughly enjoyed playing is Persona 5. The most hours I have in a game is Counter Strike Global Offensive.

I really don't 100% have an ABSOLUTE Fav, BUT Skyrim, RE and Doom seem to be on top of the Chain of Exotic Games, Like the Food chain

Psygineer

The Monkey Island series will always be one of my favourite game series. Followed by Crimson Skies. Final Fantasy series used to be but it seemed to lose its way once it lost its proper open world format settling for a linear follow the only road style gameplay.

So it is Sunday now, and today I intend to finally play Tropico 5!

@stonechucker wrote:

My favourite video game was Jupiter Lander, which I played the day my Mom won a Commodore VIC-20 from the local AM radio station!

It was also the first video game I ever played.

@stonechucker Commodores were the best. Lol I had a commodore 64 

Load "*",8,1 😂🤣

jeff1

My vote is for Terraria, it has been around for awhile but still lots of fun.

najeeb5272

Super Mario World for the SNES

Bro1

Tetris was great to play on Nintendo

ShaylynnH

Mass Effect 2, no contest!

Or, Horizon Zero Dawn (I cheated and put two, sorry!)

gerb

Original Nintendo, "Ice Hockey"

anya

Once fried a graphics card during a Serious Sam marathon...to be fair it was summer and no aircon 😉....

Thangster

Final Fantasy 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got to be Tetris on the original NES.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 3.14.39 PM.png

LOL I think Simon misunderstood the question! Robot LOL

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My favourite would be Super Mario Bros.  I still play that occasionally to this day.  🙂

Canadiankid

I am a huge fan of clash of clans. I probably spend a bit... too much time playing it:)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For me it would definitely be Ico (PS2, 2001).

This game was a work of art and was unlike anything else released for its time.

Trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0rfsCs2sk

sharerb

Dr. Mario for the original Nintendo!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball BABY! Lol

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Double Dragon

Honorable mentions to Mario Bros/Super Mario, RBI baseball, Twin Cobra, Street Fighter, Galaga, COD Black Ops 2 & 3 (Nuketown & zombies)

Need Help? Let's chat.