cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED- Pull Out Those Compliments, It’s Say Something Nice Day!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

6 - JuneEN.png

Hey Community,

Take “throwing shade” and throw it out the window for tomorrow is Say Something Nice Day! Take time to compliment one of your friends, thank the person bagging your groceries, or even leave a nice comment on a YouTube video for a change. Kindness is what helps the world go round, so in honor of tomorrow’s holiday here are five of the best compliments from movies:

• “Seriously? It’s like you’re photoshopped!” – Crazy Stupid Love

• “I love you even when you’re sick and look disgusting.” – Love Actually

• “You’re very generous. You’re kind to strangers and children, and when you stand in the snow you look like an angel.” – Groundhog Day

• “You’re so wise. You’re like a miniature Buddha covered in hair.” - Anchorman

• “That’s just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.” - Office Space

Feel free to use those when you’re slinging out compliments tomorrow. Plus saying nice things to people causes good things to come back to you. Comment below by 12:00 pm ET on June 7, 2019 and give a shout out to someone on the Community who’s done something nice for you recently and we will select three winners at random who will receive a $25 Public Mobile account credit + $25 to the person they shouted out. Let the compliment extravaganza begin! Contest runs May 31 to June 7, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

Contest Rules

Spoiler

Public Mobile Say Something Nice Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must provide a positive shout out to another Public Mobile Community member using their Community username on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs May 31 to June 7, 2019 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive the following prize:

One-time $25 Public Mobile account credit + One time $25 Public Mobile account credit to the Community Member acknowledged in the entry

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about June 7 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form. If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation. Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

79 REPLIES 79

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Although there are many I look up to in this forum, the standout person in my mind is @Luddite .  He is the one I look up to! Smiley LOL

sunflowershine

Thanks for all community contributors! I learned a lots from this platform and also able to help others! Good to share some tips!

CA10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have really enjoyed all my interactions with the community here. Everyone is helpful, if someone doesn't know the answer they direct you to someone.

It is nice when people give a thumbs up or like to acknowledge a post - sometimes others are thinking the same thing but it is nice when someone approaches the topic to find answers.

So far I am enjoying htis service 🙂

@Ciph wrote:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @NDesai for creating a F.A.Q. some time ago.

Routinely, I would prepay a few months ahead for my plan (paying 2 or 3 times a year). This went on for a few years until one day I went to pay as I used to but I was greeted with a red warning "Plan Expired" after logging into my serf-serve account. This, despite still having enough available funds on my balance to last 2 more months. I was somewhat alarmed and panicked to say the least.

Fortunately, in my flustered search for a solution on the community forum, I eventually stumbled upon @NDesai's F.A.Q. and there at the very bottom I found exactly the answer I was looking for.

With great relief, the perplexing red warning was resolved; I just coincidentally had never logged into my account on its plan renewal day until then.

Holy cow! That was like 2 years ago, and i have stopped updating as they started to post helpful articles. Anyways, i am glad it helped someone. 

Jonavin

Thanks to Public Mobile for making my mobile phone prices go down every year.

@frankieshi wrote:

$5 for 500 Canada Wide Minutes add on that doesn't expire till used up is so nice, Thanks.

Well that was a quiet update. Anyone see this announced anywhere?

@Lieux wrote:

@frankieshi wrote:

$5 for 500 Canada Wide Minutes add on that doesn't expire till used up is so nice, Thanks.

Where can you find this add-on??

@Lieux wrote:

@frankieshi wrote:

3-500.JPG

@frankieshi wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Thanks to Lucky Mobile  for making Public Mobile bring back the $25.00 plan Heart

Remember to ask Public Mobile to award the $25 prize to your friend named Lucky if you win.

🙂

@computergeek541  I never win ...but if I do I'll ask them to give it to a charity of their choice. Smiley Happy

Edit: Canada needs more competition in all areas!

@geopublic wrote:

Thanks to Lucky Mobile  for making Public Mobile bring back the $25.00 plan Heart

Remember to ask Public Mobile to award the $25 prize to your friend named Lucky if you win.

🙂

ooakosiryan

shout out to @rlac for remembering my birthday last week and getting me the perfect (and edible) gifts Smiley Very Happy

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

wleung

Thanks to @RobertQc for giving me my first bravo here!

Ciph

I would like to take this opportunity to thank @NDesai for creating a F.A.Q. some time ago.

Routinely, I would prepay a few months ahead for my plan (paying 2 or 3 times a year). This went on for a few years until one day I went to pay as I used to but I was greeted with a red warning "Plan Expired" after logging into my serf-serve account. This, despite still having enough available funds on my balance to last 2 more months. I was somewhat alarmed and panicked to say the least.

Fortunately, in my flustered search for a solution on the community forum, I eventually stumbled upon @NDesai's F.A.Q. and there at the very bottom I found exactly the answer I was looking for.

With great relief, the perplexing red warning was resolved; I just coincidentally had never logged into my account on its plan renewal day until then.

While the moderator team and the top contributors deserve a thank you for their hard work, i want to take a moment to also thank the rest of the PM team including the front end, back end, and behind the scene technicians. Special thanks to the marketing team as they have worked really hard for the past couple of years to create PM brand awareness. Whether you like their approach or not, they deserve a simple thank you 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Shout out to @Alan_K  and the moderator team for all their work.  It must have been overwhelming recently with network and account issues.  They do alot of behind the scenes work that sometimes does not get enough appreciation.

Arthur5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Jadebug

A lot of people are thanking the moderators and top contributors, and for good reason too. Thank you for all your hard work. 

For my contest entry, I'm giving a shout-out to a username on the "newest community members" list. @Arthur5, welcome to the community! 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks to the @CS_Agent  for all your hard work. And resolving the many questions and issues that are sent your way. 

Keep up the good work. 

roblynns

Thanks to the people who helped me sort out my recent phone issues! Your help was much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheOldVR wrote:

is there a Raptor in the community? Smiley Very Happy

Well they can certainly hunt and peck. Get it?! hahahaha 🙂

And @TheOldVR don't forget to give to the next....a free coffee!!Smiley Wink

Thanks for your message.Smiley Happy

MandyJ

I'd like to extend my compliment out to @Anonymous . I'm just new around here, but z10user4 was one of the first usernames that I became familiar with while poking around in the community. They are often around and always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help solve people's problems. Thank you for all you do. I've learned a great deal in my short time here from reading your responses!

TheOldVR

Have two compliments today....

First one is obvious... for our Oracles AND Top Contributors, they carry much of the weight for PM and their service would not be possible without the Oracles AND Top Contributorstaking on a ton of front-line service.

List is long and I'll miss someone for sure ->>> @Luddite @will13am @ShawnC13 @computergeek541 @NDesai @stonechucker @mimmo @SD08 @Anonymous @Lieux @RobertQc 

Detailed prompt responses and guidance.... great job peeps!

Next, I have to make a shout out to the lady who paid for my coffee at McD's today!!!! Was very nice of her, my cashier was having issues... she heard my order and added it to her order, next thing you know she's handing me a coffee!!!!

Very cool, very nice - and I'll be paying that forward asap!!!!

My compliments and thanks to the lady @ McDonalds!!!!

Happy Saturday peeps!!!

Are we allowed to compliment the RAPTORS btw????? is there a Raptor in the community? Smiley Very Happy

@Luddite wrote:

Did you know that @srlawren once gave out so many bravos he was cut off until released by the moderators? Robot LOL

LOL

Today, I'll probably break 1200 from just him alone.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

Did you know that @srlawren once gave out so many bravos he was cut off until released by the moderators? Robot LOL

He's generous to a fault.  lol

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Hey @Alan_K, thanks for this. I've been needing a Community feeling uplift. Nothing but postive vibes here! Robot Very Happy

Good-Vibrations.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.