cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: It’s Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day, But We Still Believe in You!

My home was hit by a massive power surge and fried out my computer (despite being on a surge protector), took out my backup drive (because I had it plugged in to back up at the time), destroyed our furnace and damaged the breaker box. I'm now over $10,000 in debt due to all the emergency repair costs and there is still more to do such as the power lines inside the walls needing replaced to fix the power properly (currently intermitently losing power briefly, some outlets don't work at all, etc.). My original resolution was to try to save up for a new PC in Q4 2020 but looks like I have to just go for it now because I need it for work. No idea what to try to build this time. Wasn't planning on a super expensive system, but figured if I could save $100 a month that I could get something decent for $1000ish plus tax.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Like others here, have not made any new New Year's resolutions for many years since my old resolutions are still 'a work in progress', especially being able to, one day, resolve the Rubik's cube! Smiley Happy

However, good luck to everyone who has made a New Year's resolution thoughSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My resolution is to to get more excercise. Doing it daily and building up the time commitment would achieve results.

Highlighted

@mpcdesign wrote:

@smp99......oh hang on, if you are in the community, that means you already have a plan with PM....d-oh! 

th.jpeg

Actually, you do not need to have a plan to be here in the community. ;-)

Highlighted

@Psygineer wrote:

My home was hit by a massive power surge and fried out my computer (despite being on a surge protector), took out my backup drive (because I had it plugged in to back up at the time), destroyed our furnace and damaged the breaker box. I'm now over $10,000 in debt due to all the emergency repair costs and there is still more to do such as the power lines inside the walls needing replaced to fix the power properly (currently intermitently losing power briefly, some outlets don't work at all, etc.). My original resolution was to try to save up for a new PC in Q4 2020 but looks like I have to just go for it now because I need it for work. No idea what to try to build this time. Wasn't planning on a super expensive system, but figured if I could save $100 a month that I could get something decent for $1000ish plus tax.

BIG OUCH! How so unfortunate. Hope you get through this with your sanity in check.

Highlighted
Boh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My year truly starts in March of the new year. 

I've never understood why we start the New Year in winter when everything is hibernating. 

I like to finish off the year with anything that I have not completed, such as decluttering my home, changing the furniture layout, giving away clothes, stokcing up on essentials and cleaning everything. Not one drop of unclean clothes to be found. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Recycle more, even if that just means not being lazy and instead of throwing my empty yogurt cup in the trash at my desk, walking it to the recycling bin in the lunch room.

Also brew more beer.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Exercise... exercise... exercise...

Start slow and go slow....

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't make resolutions that way I don't let myself down.  My goal is to live every day to the fullest.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm running in the Manitoba Marathon on Father's Day in Winnipeg, MB. Then I'm going to drink a lot of beer because I deserve it!!!