cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: It’s Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day, But We Still Believe in You!

I want to master rolling a kayak this year!

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I plan to do a ton of hiking this spring/summer. Hope to hit a few new peaks this year!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Fortunately.... I can't remember if I made a New Years resolution OR NOT! If I did it would probably be to lose a few more pounds like I managed to do last year. Trying....

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kuri wrote:

My resolution was to enjoy every moment of life, and not let the little things bug/stress me out as much. Tip #1 is definitely right. I got my whole family and close friends involved!

@kuri  Oh boy pm is going to want you to keep your resolution. Next time you get caught up in a  classic pm glitch youll be cool as a cucumber. No waxy green skin off your back!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Fluidmax wrote:

I have had the same resolution for the last 5 years.

I was 39 years old, overweight and getting real comfortable being a middle age man (especially after my kids were born). On New Year day in 2015 I woke up late in the morning (I had a dinner party the night before) and I saw myself in the mirror…I don’t know what came over me but the thought of me turning 40 and look like the person in the mirror didn’t sit well in the back of my mind. So I joined a gym before the week ended. I didn’t see much change for about 3 month but I kept it going.....6 month later I lost about 30 lbs and can fit into some of my old jeans when I was in my 20s… Now I wear size 31 waist jeans and in the best shape of my life.

@Fluidmax  Good on You! I can relate to looking in the mirror and not being happy with the reflection. My moment came in the change room at the pool as I walking towards the pool entrance and passed by a row of sinks with mirrors. I commented to myself that pregnant lady looks familiar....oh wait that's me! My motivation started there and then. I had to wait about 14 months to put it into practice (there was a THR surgery and recovery first.) But the moment I was approved to get back on my bike I jumped on it!

You can only change if you truly want to because nothing worth having come easy.

btw...Don't sweat the small things Smiley Happy

Agreed....darlicious.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jmqm wrote:

Stop wasting money

1. Don't buy unhealthy/convenient foods

2. Don't order stuff online that's unnecessary

3. Eat at home instead of outside

@jmqm  I absolutely agree with 1. and 2. but number 3......" Outside bacon tastes better than inside bacon." Theres nothing wrong with eating in the great outdoors especially a picnic after a hike to a scenic viewpoint. Avoiding take out and restaurant meals will go a long way towards not wasting money....but food tastes so much better outside don't give up that one!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AL89 wrote:

My New Year's Resolution is to not eat chips when I'm at home because chips is my guilty pleasure.  In order to keep my resolution, I don't buy chips and don't eat chips that my partner buys.

@AL89  Oooooooh! I love chips too. Yes you have to keep them out of the house. Your partner better have a secret vault. I remember spying my favourite kind poorly hidden by my partner the first day home from surgery as i slowly inched my way upstairs on my crutches. Ill tell you....3 am I donned a knapsack and my crutches and very slowly and painfully made it all the way downstairs. I safely stowed the bag of chips in the knapsack and about an hour later I was happily sharing a bag of lays wth my cat. By sunrise there was nary a chip crumb left....the evidence safely disposed .

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine has been to hug my kids more  and to keep it I make sure at least 2 times a day I greet them with a hug! And so far it's been an easy resolution to keep   ....i.am happy to say!!  

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't make New Year's resolutions anymore but I am going to try to relax and calm down more, especially at work!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made a resolution to eat better and it hasn't been the best start so far but maybe some Amazon money might help me get some better food to eat or a scale to weigh in on at least 😂