cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: It’s Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day, But We Still Believe in You!

On Valentine's Day 2019 I slipped on black ice and injured my knee. For months, walking was rather painful and running was a no-go until recently. Almost a year later, it's time to get in better shape by running 3 times a week. Lucky for me, my supportive wife plans to join me for the sessions - so it's something we can share together. Here's to healthier 2020! 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My New Year's resolution is to stop eating ice cream. I'm achieving this by switching to frozen dessert.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also stopped making resolutions a few years back at least consciously.  Now I just do things as the need arises.  Like put some extra money away for something I want to buy. Donate some money to a good cause when it comes up. Help a friend or family member when something in their life just isn't going right. I feel a lot better now because I do it in the moment and you don't fail that way. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@zxcvbnm wrote:

My New Year's resolution is to stop eating ice cream. I'm achieving this by switching to frozen dessert.

@zxcvbnm  Really ? Have you ever read the label of "frozen dessert"? That's a step in the wrong direction... just cut your serving in half and buy a top quality ice cream. You know one with 3 or 4  ingredients on the label. Cream, sugar and vanilla.( and maybe xantham gum as a stabilizer). Studies have shown that participants will consume up to three times more of a low quality dessert than a high quality one.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zblackma wrote:

Mine is that my son @gblackma would get off his butt and get one😁.

Should not complain if others are not in the habbit of making resolutions, especially if they are already trying to be the best version of themselves.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@zxcvbnm Try this,  a cup of hot water, and a teaspoon of cacao powder, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. IE A hot chocolate vanilla float. Yummy.

@zblackma Aaah mom you do care.😂

@danielj appreciate the support mate.👍

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@zxcvbnm Try this,  a cup of hot water, and a teaspoon of cacao powder, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. IE A hot chocolate vanilla float. Yummy.

@zblackma Aaah mom you do care.😂

@danielj appreciate the support mate.👍

Lol...  @gblackma  and @gblackma  you two are way too cute...and funny! You don't need a resolution...i wouldnt want you to change your relationship with each other at all!

Highlighted

I challenged my friends to not eat fast food in 2020. No one last past January. LOL.

Anyways, at least I'm still ontrack with going to the gym once-twice a week and mostly eating a healthier diet since November (yes, I failed the junk food challenge with pizza). I think the trick is to start your New Years Resolutions before January 1st.

Also, don't pay any attention to the scale. I haven't lost any weight since I started going to the gym, but down 4 inches on my waist, trading fat for muscles. Lifting twice as much as I could when I first started. If I only look at the bathroom scale it would seem I've failed.

Highlighted

@buiya wrote:

mine is to cut negative energy in my life, if something or someone is draining on me, they are out!

Good one! I think we'll all be less stressful and healthier overall if we just cut out all the negative energy in our life. 

Highlighted

New years resolution is to exercise more, and my plan is to do some form of exercises every day whether at home or at gym in order to keep this resolution.

Need Help? Let's chat.