cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED - Holy Guacamole, It’s Taco Day!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile Branding Refresh on Community Assets_DESIGN_Oct_v1_Jul23.png

Hey Community,

Put down that sandwich, it’s Taco Day! The best part about tacos are the hundreds of variations at your disposal (plus they’re lost cost which you know we love). Are you going to start with chicken, steak, pork, or veggies? How do you feel about cheese, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, and cilantro? Whatever way you like your taco we thought we’d share a little history about where this amazing dish comes from. 

• While the exact origin of the taco is unknown, Professor Jeffrey M. Pilcher at the University of Minnesota believes tacos came into existence in the silver mines of Mexico in the 18th century.  

• The word “taco” referred to pieces of paper the miners would wrap around gunpower to create small explosions in the rock. One of the first written references to tacos is described as “tacos de minero” or “miner’s taco.” 

• In the age of industrialization, migrants from all over the world travelled to Mexico and worked in taquerias. These taquerias were generally found in working-class neighborhoods and the food varied in style and flavor depending on the region or town. 

• According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the title-holder of the world’s largest taco belongs to Mexico! The ginormous, delicious meat and cheese filled flour tortilla took six hours to make and weighed in at a whopping 750 kilograms (1,654 pounds)!

Food is always better when you know the story behind it, right? We’re curious how you like your tacos, so comment below by 12:00 pm ET on October 11 and tell us how you “dress up” your taco. We will select three winners at random who will receive a $50 Taco Bell eGift Card! Contest runs October 4 to October 11, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

Public Mobile Taco Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share their favourite way to dress up a taco in the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs October 4 to October 11, 2019 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) Taco Bell $50 eGift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about October 11 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form. If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation. Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

85 REPLIES 85

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541   in a town called puerto morelos (outside of cancun) and in the  non tourist/local side of the town.  

@mimmo Where did you get those?  Can you put it on dry ice and ship it to me?

mimmo

A picture says a thousand words...  

IMG_20160214_234247.jpg

Are tacos and burritos the same thing?  Google seems to think that they're very similar.  For burritos, does everyone prefer Burrito Boyz or Fat B?  (Community won't let me type out the real company name because it's a swear word to some)

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Who else loves Spaghetti Tacos from iCarly?

magicmedia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Soft taco is better for me.

with beef, cheese,lettuce, and others.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Fish taco / cole slaw...bits of jalapinos for that Mexican effect ...know what I mean !

WF123

I like my tacos all-dressed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ingredients need to be added in a specific order:

- Guacamole

- Salsa

- cheese

- ground beef

- lettuce

- diced tomatoes

SD08

I like the basic ground beef, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, and tomato.  Smiley Happy

Versteeves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Guacamole (like extra amounts) 

green onion 

cilantro 

sunflowershine

I like soft taco with ground beef, cheese, cream cheese, and guacamole.

DL888

Start with the hard shell cause soft shell are NOT taco's....sorry soft shell lovers. Then you add the beef, gotta have beef, and real beef...none of this plant base subsitutions. If you're going to have beef, then let have beef. Next it's the lettuce and tomatoes, all vegi lovers are proud of me for that one 🙂 Then add the cheese, lots of cheese. Lastly, HOT HOT HOT sauce to spice it up a little or a lot Smiley LOL And that's my Taco in a nut shell or might I say a hard shell.  

luke11992

I put everything I can on there lol

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Like it all dress with extra chili and sour cream, guacamole of cause Smiley Wink!!  Is there a Taco Bell in Montreal? Smiley Frustrated

Heart Heart Heart

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am good with just the standard ingredients with lots of hot sauce on a hard shell.  A taco isn't a taco if it is easy to contain the ingredients.  I have never seen anyone eat taco dressed in a tux.  It is all good.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Beef chicken bacon cheese lettuce black olives onion 

Ninja0628

Hard taco with 

• ground beef or fish
  • lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • cheese
  • salsa
  • hot sauce

Soft taco with

• beef (like what they have in fajitas)
  • lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • cheese
  • guacamole
  • salsa verde
  • hot sauce

Taco salad - 

• any meat
  • lettuce 
  • tomatoes
  • red onions
  • guacamole
  • salsa
  • refried beans

Yeah I am pretty basic on Tacos as well, ground beef, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, sour cream and HoT SaUcE, just not TOOO HoT!

Terry

Alan, did you have to make this post when I haven't had lunch yet?   😉

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Taco al pastor with pork served with onions, cliatro, lemon or lime juice, and hot salsa.  Also fish tacos taste great.

kelvarnsen

Should have done my meal planning better last night's dinner was chicken cooked in the slow cooker with salsa, garlic, and chilli powder. Then shredded and served with sour cream, cheese and maybe hot sauce in soft tortillas. Should have had that tonight. It might be my favorite. Although I guess I can have the leftovers tonight.

smp99

Weird but for me, hard tacos have to be ground beef, soft tacos have to be chicken. But after that it's all cheese, tomatos, onions and salsa

Ground beef, lettuce, onion, tomatoes and Sour cream Is the best 

I like the standard ground beef, chesse , lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce. Fries Supreme goes well with it.

Need Help? Let's chat.