cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Guac On! National Guacamole Day is Around the Corner.

avocados

lime juice

salt

cilantro

garlic

pepper

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and mash. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.

My recipe is just an avocado, mashed chunky, half a limes juice, chopped coliander with salt and paprika for a little kick.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1. Split open an avocado and remove the seed.

2. Whisper to the seed, "You'll never grow into a tree. You're going to decay in a landfill, worthless." Toss it unceremoniously in the trash.

3. Use your newfound sadism to pulverize the avocado into mush. Do not use a knife: You must effect this violence with your bare hands. Though if you have bear hands, they will also work.

4. Obtain a seven-year-old chocolate Easter bunny. Behead it.

5. Put the head in a separate bowl and drown it in peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter. If you use smooth peanut butter, you are a failure and no one will ever love you.

6. Microwave the choco-peanut bunny head for five minutes, or until you no longer recognize the bunny.

7. Stir this weird gooey paste and add the mushed avocado.

8. Find your nephew with a peanut allergy and gloat that he will never taste your glorious guacamole. In lieu of salt, scoop up his tears and pour them into the bowl.

9. Add lime, diced tomatoes, and cilantro. Lots and lots of cilantro. The more cilantro you add, the more people will know you're an expert chef.

10. Pray, thanking the avocado seed and chocolate bunny for their sacrifices in conjuring this splendor.

11. Enjoy.

Avacado, finely chopped onion lightly fried and cooled, paprika to taste, garlic powder to taste, diced fresh tomatoes, mix in a bowl and add ground black pepper. If you want hot Guacamole then add your fave hot sauce, sriracha, Franks, etc. It’s also nice with pickled onions, but some may not like this! 🥑 Enjoy!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Pre made and bought at a PC supermarket. Easy as 1 2 3

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@torontokris wrote:

Pre made and bought at a PC supermarket. Easy as 1 2 3

when the prize is a PC gift card

good one

Fairly simple, couple avacados, mince half a small onion, add a bit of lemon or lime juice and a dash of salt.

One fascinating guacamole recipe I love includes (I don't think there is a name for it..maybe  Glazed Mango Guacamole dip):

Guacamole dip mixed with quinoa, mixed in with big chunks of mango and tad of honey to top it off. I don't know if people would find that tasty but it definitely is appealing to me!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My favourite recipe involves going to the local restaurants and purchasing some!  But if I'm making it at home, I typically go for something quick and easy like this: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/135910/easiest-amazing-guacamole/ but I typically add a pinch of pepper for taste.

But I like eating more than cooking so I find myself going out instead more often and it's not to the grocery store...