cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Calling All Brothers and Sisters, It’s Siblings Day!

I don't have a sibling joke, but I do want to give a shout out to my older sibling for everything he did for me when we were younger.  I remember when he worked his first job at McDonald's he'd take a good portion of his money and we'd go to the Nike store and get basketball shoes/gear.  I'd be wearing the same pair of shoes for years and when I got to high school he realized I was a good player and I should upgrade to something better.  He definitely looked out for me when it came to sports, and I just want to take this time to thank him.

I think it's important that we not only share the fun times but also the times where our siblings' really looked out for us.  My example above may not seem like much, but at the time it definitely meant a lot.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once during a Business game in my childhood, my elder brother tricked me to buy the fake currency for real currency.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

I don't have a sibling joke, but I do want to give a shout out to my older sibling for everything he did for me when we were younger.  I remember when he worked his first job at McDonald's he'd take a good portion of his money and we'd go to the Nike store and get basketball shoes/gear.  I'd be wearing the same pair of shoes for years and when I got to high school he realized I was a good player and I should upgrade to something better.  He definitely looked out for me when it came to sports, and I just want to take this time to thank him.

I think it's important that we not only share the fun times but also the times where our siblings' really looked out for us.  My example above may not seem like much, but at the time it definitely meant a lot.

Yes, it is important. Thanks for sharing your story.

My grandparents were going on a cruise to Hawaii one year so as their gift we dressed up in hula skirts and sang Mele Kalikima. They loved it so kuch they wanted us to do it at the big family party a couple of hours away. We started a tradition of a little dance number for a couple years, the last one was where my brother sang Blue Christmas, Elvis hips and all at about 11. Good times Smiley Happy

Our secret sibling code was loon calls. which is where u use hand and put it in front of your mouth in a special shape and blow into it. The sound that comes out is like loons mainting. we would have different tunes for different codes, so of course you don't know what they are. 

And here's how to make a loon call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsbxazgiGfc

TMS

Put on your boxing gloves, and get in the ring, sibling!!!

I remember my youngest brother being at the age were he was fascinated with water and fire.

He loved playing with water; freezing and thawing it in myriads of ways and while also mixing different stuffs (sand, toys, salt, sugar, potato cubes, whatever fell under his hand and fancied his particular interest of the day) or just making things float and sink in tupperwares or steel bowls/pots of various sizes.

One summer, while of our parents and older siblings were out, he got the bright idea - at the time - to dump the some of the cereals boxes (mostly rice crispies, corn flakes and/or others) in the bathtub and the bathroom sink while filled with water. I was none the wiser and even played along enthusiastically since we were having fun.

It was only after we removed the rubber drain stopper from the bathtub and sink that the scale of the disaster dawned on us. Frantically, we scooped up whatever soggy mush we could while running back and forth to the kitchen garbage dripping all over and worried our parents could come anytime now (in the panicked scramble, we did not think of bringing the garbage closer or using a bigger bowl instead of our tiny hands).

Finally, I was able to use the plunger on the bathtub drain and clear away the jam. However, the sink was too high (shoulder height for me at the time) to use the plunger at a correct angle.

Suffice to say that I was stuck eating hot oatmeal for breakfast for the rest of the summer (no regret, he was full of joy).

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it is great that Public Mobile has contests for members.  Thank you.

For the story, I just have a fond memory.  When I was young, a long time ago before I came to Canada, my older brother and I enjoyed going to nearby farms to pick up leftovers after the annual sugar cane and sweet potato harvests.  There was lots to go around.  We had good times doing that.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Loved doing those McDonald's runs.

BTW: What happened to all those McDonald's characters that I use to see in their restaurants (Ronald McDonald & Sundae, Grimace, Hamburglar, Birdie the Early Bird + The Fry Kids)?

McDonaldland_1986

I use to torment my younger brother by making him hide under a lazyboy and then closing it on him.  Eventually, he grew and could no longer fit under it.