cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED- Calling All Brothers and Sisters, It’s Siblings Day!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

4 - AprilEN (1).png

Hey Community,

What is Siblings Day exactly? It’s a day when we celebrate our brothers and sisters and all that they do for us. A sibling can be so many things: best friend, babysitter, competitor for your parent’s attention, tormentor, person you laugh with the most. Often times they’re also the person who knows the most about you. Here are four things only your sibling will get about you:

1. How to Push Your Buttons

They grew up with you, so they know exactly what makes you tick. Whether it’s playing music too loud or bringing up that one time in 3rd grade you peed your pants, they know exactly how to annoy you.

2. Inside Jokes About Your Family
Only a sibling will understand how hilarious it is when you say, “Mom asked me how to Facebook today,” or, “Dad asked me who Drake was.” Plus, your sibling does an amazing impression of your uncle saying something inappropriate.

3. Your Weird Quirks
They were raised in the same house so they probably don’t find it weird that you also eat ice cream with a fork or can recite every line from your favourite movie. Don’t be afraid to eat French fries with mustard, your sibling will understand.

4. Your Secret Sibling Code
All siblings have their own secret language. Sometimes it’s words or phrases you used in your shared childhood. Other times just a wink, a nudge, or a cough will let you know exactly what they’re talking about.

So, take time today to give your sibling a call and tell them how much they mean to you. Plus, share a funny sibling story below by 12:00 PM ET on April 17, 2019 and we’ll randomly select 3 winners to receive a $50 account credit. Play nice now, nothing too embarrassing 😜. Contest runs April 10 to April 17, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

Contest Rules

Spoiler

Public Mobile Sibling day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1.        HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY  
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share their funny sibling story on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted. In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs April 10 to April 17, 2019 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

One-time $50 Public Mobile account credit

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile or cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about April 17 at 12:00PM ET. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
55 REPLIES 55

Patmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh to pick just one!! My one sister, I have two is 10 years older, I am the youngest. One day when I was maybe 5 years old, my sister was keeping an eye on me. Not her favourite job but hey. Anyway, she had just gotten into a nice bath and was relaxing when I decided she should make me pancakes right now! She said no and she likely would have when she finished her bath but I wanted then now. She getting angry, I spit and got her right in the eye. Now, I remember none of this, but she told me much later than she never got out of the tub so fast. I don't think I got my pancakes!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no recollection of actually doing so but apparently I used to break my brothers models. Y'know those little kits you get in a box and take all the cast pieces off and glue them together to make a model size of things like cars and planes and such.

Yeah...no recollection...but I've owned it for a lifetime. 🙂

Hey!...maybe it was the eldest sibling! 🙂

All these years...grumble mumble...stupid sister. 🙂

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

At the mall, my older brother and I were arguing about something dumb. He rushed out of the store and face planted into a glass wall. I burst out laughing and had to sit on the floor to catch my breath. 

I still mention the story at family gatherings just to watch his face go bright red.

^^

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

I remember when I was ~6 showing my brother how to put holes in a piece of paper using the sun and a magnifying glass, then I suggested he try to remove a dark freckle on his arm the same way.
Aren't big sister fun Smiley LOL

zxcvbnm

After eating ice cream (partialy with my hands, partially with a fork—spoons are for suckers), I put the bowl on my head and transformed into

The Ice Cream Monster.

My older brother is a germophobe, so I chased him around the house with my ice cream-slathered fingers and face.

I've never seen him run so fast. He knocked over half the furniture trying to escape me.

Cornering him in the laundry room, he shrieked like a puppy at the vet. But I'm a kind monster, so I put my slimy bowl on his head to crown him

The New Ice Cream Monster.

He was a much less kind monster, so he threw his bowl-crown at me. His aim sucks, so it missed me by five feet and shattered against the wall.

Cute childhood memory, right?

This happened last Christmas. The Ice Cream Monster shall rise again.

Jadebug

When we were younger, my siblings would play Sims Bustin' Out together on the GameCube. 

One day, one of the created Sims caught fire while cooking. I remember my sister reassuring my brother that it's okay because there was a fire alarm installed. A few seconds passed by, before confusion set in. Where were the firefighters? After a quick inspection, we realized that the fire alarm was set on the outer wall... Panic set in as the grim reaper showed up to claim the Sim. An intense battle of rock paper sisssors took place and the Sim won. Oof. Crisis averted. Unfortunately, the another Sim also managed to catch fire, but wasn't so lucky during its battle with the grin reaper.

Again, my sister reassured my brother and said everything was fine, that they just wouldn't save this session. But unfortunately, someone accidentally clicked the save button. At this realization, my sister suddenly leaped out of her seat and turned off the GameCube...

We all laughed at my sister's drastic attempt to fix the situation. Though the memory card ended up getting corrupted and all saved files were lost, we had a blast playing that game all over again... All while triple checking that the fire alarm was on the right side of the wall, of course. 

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We got a Nintendo for Christmas and were playing super mario bros 3 battle mode together while sitting on the floor. I was having so much fun and laughing so much that I forgot how much I had to pee so I ran to the bathroom but accidentially ran past it and ended up peeing my pants. 

robertmay

We went on a family trip camping and ended up at a place where you could mine sapphires,  Everyone took turns dropping all their sapphires into my sisters pile of dirt, so she was amazed by her luck that she kept finding so many and nobody else ever found a single one.  To this day she thinks she should be a miner because of that time she was the only one who found gems in the dirt.

DSCF0923.JPG

Tiprix

On a night eons ago my siblings and I were planning to watch tv.  We turned on the television and unknowingly the volume was on maximum.  We all reacted to the loud sound by screaming back at it.  After a few seconds, we started laughing, we had no idea what had just happened.  I am still fairly confused of the events that occured night.

dan80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Haha ok this one is easy...

One of my siblings, whom shall not be named, had a bit of a confusion when it came to one of our other family members...

A a friend of my Mother's came over to bring us a meal and my sibling thought it was one of our Aunts instead, my sibling didn't even recognize the facial difference, my sibling thought it was our Aunt.

As a result my Sibling was "overly" affectionate and welcoming towards her, until she left.

Then when my mothers friend left, my sibling said something like "Wasn't it good to see Auntie again..." and then we all laughed and said that wasn't our Aunt...haha

My sibling felt kinda silly after that because she didn't even recognize an Aunt of ours.

wfitzpatrick

When my younger brother and I were kids, I used to think that he had a big head. Now that we're adults, it turns out I'm the one with a big ol' pumpkin-head. Here's to all the normal-sized-head-having younger siblings out there!

Kovaelin

I remember playing two-player video games on one computer keyboard with my brother as a kid. Now, I've become one of those weirdos that prefer using arrow keys over WASD.

pardnme

Once an argument with my sibling turned into a fight...

I ended up scratching near the eye...but it actually got the eye...

didn't end well...the worst was that my parents made me take her ot the walk in clinic lol

so it was a rough ride aahahah

and yes...we were both over 18 years old 

demon1102

I don't have siblings. Feeling alone ....  Smiley Sad

ooakosiryan

Here's my entry:

My sister and I would get into little fights. She's a year older than me and was bigger than me up until high school. Back when I was probably 10 or 11, we got into a bit of a tussle, and her foot hit me in the face, giving me a black eye. We were both at fault for fighting, but I just happened to get the black eye.

Whenever people asked how I got a black eye, I would casully say, "My sister kicked me in the face." People felt sorry for me, and she was pretty embarassed by that haha

Here we go again!  Fun thread!  Smiley HappyCat Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Back in my university days, when a female classmate once phoned for me, my older brother took the message in my absence.  When he relayed the message, he added, "Is she hot?...Yeah? Well, if you don't ask her out, I'm going to beat the stuffing out of you!"  That's when I realized, he really cares about me.  Smiley LOL

Jnlianga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sister and I came through the door late one night. I looked down under the high chair at what I thought was a very large spider. I screamed and she tried throwing a shoe at it and missed. IT DIDNT EVEN FLENCH!! I thought a brave spider like that will surely jump at you if you challenge it. So I, being the brave soul i was not, took another shoe and decided to slowly go up to it and kill it close range. As i proceeded with caution I got close and realized it was one of the toy spiders my sister bought for my nephew. Lets just say we had a big laugh and promised we would never speak about it to anyone...lol. 

Dunkgirl

When we were young my sister would pick on me all the time. One time at school I was not feeling well yet she was still pushing me around me so I puked all over her. Worst day of her life but she stopped picking on me!

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not too funny at the time, but funny now. 

My brother and I were fighing about something, and I pushed him down. He got up, and had this look in his eye, different from the standard "I'm gonna get you" look.

I ran down the hallway in our house, and as soon as I closed the door behind me, I heard a loud BANG!

I opened the door a crack, and there were scissors stuck in the door!!! Needless to say, that ended the fight... 

We still laugh about it today. That was 35 years ago!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

My brother... I knew him before he was born. Born of a different mother. We are 14 years apart, and now, we are 1400 kms apart.... haha.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

One time my grand parents to keep us entertained tossed a huge jar filled with change in the back yard, i was a great brother so I had mine convinced that the bigger the coin, the more it was worth so I would of course be willing to give him 1 nickle for his 2 dimes. I had many dimes, he had few nickles. Haha.

TheOldVR

@luke11992 wrote:

When we were young and used to fight/wrestle a lot, I once threw a folding chair at him lol

Lol - yes, the good old table and chairs match.

I still cringe when I think about the first time that I missed a Supa-fly off the kitchen counter. I missed of course cause I jumped up while launching and whacked my head in to the ceiling....

luke11992

When we were young and used to fight/wrestle a lot, I once threw a folding chair at him lol

TheOldVR

This is easy.... MANY years ago my elder bro and I had a "freindly" wrestling match go all wrong.

In short, I never stood a chance against him - but one day he decided to make a running splash and I moved. The end result was his head going through the drywall while I ran and hid.

He pretty much knocked himself out so I did what any other little bro would do, quietly snuck into the room, rolled him over, pinned him, immediately retired with the championship, and hid for the next two hours :P.

Dad still talks about all the damage to the house he had to fix... lol, I don't think my knee ever fully recovered from bashing through so many things.

Happy siblings day peeps!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.