cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

I suggest not limiting loyalty rewards at all for example by excluding loyalty consideration/points for those participating in the lounge, I think all of our activity on this forum should be considered towards loyalty - this will encourage people to spend more time on this forum which is the ultimate goal of any forum including Public to have people use the forum more and become involved more. Maybe more loyalty points or consideration should be given to posts that actually help people with their phone service, but giving nothing or no consideration at all for lounge participation or other kinds of involvement discourages people from participating in those areas and ultimately discourages people from spending time on this forum board.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@villellamcmeans wrote:

Maybe more loyalty points or consideration should be given to posts that actually help people with their phone service, but giving nothing or no consideration at all for lounge participation or other kinds of involvement discourages people from participating in those areas and ultimately discourages people from spending time on this forum board.



Lounge participation doesn't count for Community rewards because quite honestly, most of the stuff there doesn't help anyone with the Public Mobile service.  The Lounge provides a place discuss off-topic matters freely (within reason). Unfortunately, this message board has a large problem with post-count padding as there are some who aren't posting to help, but only to increase post count.  Someone shouldn't earn rewards/discounts off a cell phone plan for posting jokes-of-the-day, talking about last night's hockey game, or for simply posting messages such as "hi, how are you".

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

Have a page say: Before You Start, where it is should be identified as a different coloured tab with a short video / automated tutorial (or page description) explaining what the community page does. It will ensure people don't leave personal information on the board and explain to people they can leave questions for the general community as they can assist in their inquiry, as well as how to contact public mobile by email should it be necessary.

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@villellamcmeans wrote:

I suggest not limiting loyalty rewards at all for example by excluding loyalty consideration/points for those participating in the lounge, I think all of our activity on this forum should be considered towards loyalty - this will encourage people to spend more time on this forum which is the ultimate goal of any forum including Public to have people use the forum more and become involved more. Maybe more loyalty points or consideration should be given to posts that actually help people with their phone service, but giving nothing or no consideration at all for lounge participation or other kinds of involvement discourages people from participating in those areas and ultimately discourages people from spending time on this forum board.


@villellamcmeans , why should Pm financially reward people for conversations in the Lounge for items that have nothing to do with helping their customers with the Public Mobile Service.  If people are only here for the rewards then they are here for the wrong reason.  It is to help people.  Ask the top earners how much time they put in and it will be a return of pennies on the hour.  They're here because they like to help.  So if Pm was to count posts and bravos in The Lounge for rewards how would that benefit them.  This is a customer service forum not a deals forum, or a social forum.  I can see having a social section but it should not be included in the calculation of rewards


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@computergeek541 wrote:

@villellamcmeans wrote:

Maybe more loyalty points or consideration should be given to posts that actually help people with their phone service, but giving nothing or no consideration at all for lounge participation or other kinds of involvement discourages people from participating in those areas and ultimately discourages people from spending time on this forum board.



Lounge participation doesn't count for Community rewards because quite honestly, most of the stuff there doesn't help anyone with the Public Mobile service.  The Lounge provides a place discuss off-topic matters freely (within reason). Unfortunately, this message board has a large problem with post-count padding as there are some who aren't posting to help, but only to increase post count.  Someone shouldn't earn rewards/discounts off a cell phone plan for posting jokes-of-the-day, talking about last night's hockey game, or for simply posting messages such as "hi, how are you".


I agree that the most rewards/consideration should be given for actually helping others with posts, that being said given nothing is simply discouraging people from participating in those boards where absolutely no consideration is given. A simple "hi how are you?" a million times should not amount to the same amount as something more meaningful obviously, but some consideration should be given especially the actual formula Public uses to apply rewards is secret - it will be up to Public to give less consideration or give more consideration as deserved, but giving zero consideration should never be done because that just means ignoring those forms of consideration.  

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@villellamcmeans wrote:

I suggest not limiting loyalty rewards at all for example by excluding loyalty consideration/points for those participating in the lounge, I think all of our activity on this forum should be considered towards loyalty - this will encourage people to spend more time on this forum which is the ultimate goal of any forum including Public to have people use the forum more and become involved more. Maybe more loyalty points or consideration should be given to posts that actually help people with their phone service, but giving nothing or no consideration at all for lounge participation or other kinds of involvement discourages people from participating in those areas and ultimately discourages people from spending time on this forum board.


@villellamcmeans , why should Pm financially reward people for conversations in the Lounge for items that have nothing to do with helping their customers with the Public Mobile Service.  If people are only here for the rewards then they are here for the wrong reason.  It is to help people.  Ask the top earners how much time they put in and it will be a return of pennies on the hour.  They're here because they like to help.  So if Pm was to count posts and bravos in The Lounge for rewards how would that benefit them.  This is a customer service forum not a deals forum, or a social forum.  I can see having a social section but it should not be included in the calculation of rewards


Public should reward people for anything that Public is trying to encourage more of, so if Public wants more people to socialize on the Lounge board or on any other board or just for simply participating in any way on their forum - then Public must apply some consideration to encourage that even if the consideration is small compared to other forms of participation Public finds more valuable.

 

For example, the was Public calculates the consideration given is secret, but it's not a secret that Lounge participation is worth nothing - that causes people to ignore the Lounge and causes less involvement overall on this forum. But if that were to change from zero consideration to some consideration, people would participate knowing that when they help people on other boards they get more consideration than whatever consideration they get on the lounge. This way people would use all the boards instead of ignore the boards that Public ignores.

 

Since reward calculation is secret, giving consideration to all activity including the lounge won't cause more abuse because nobody knows how much consideration is actually given - Public already states that it's not a robotic calculation adding up the bravo totals or posts that determine the amount of rewards, so when abuse posters don't get rewards that will automatically discourage abuse over time.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

I’d like to see a chatroom on the board as well that community members can use and maybe the moderators can jump in when they’re free, to answer a few questions and chill with others.

 

Maybe it’ll speed up community based help since it’ll be all live.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

A section for FAQ's, network issues, and promos.   Also a tutorial section on how to purchase add-ons, porting, and plan changes.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

 

THE NEW PUBLIC MOBILE IS HERE

 

Overall color scheme should have a cartoon look and more specialized and content should be better quality.... 

 

For the most part content should have better descriptions.....

 

Quality is company life....

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

An option to receive notifications on new posts. Also - always sorted by date posted of the thread, not comments.