cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

@mimmo  I think I know where you're coming from. There are so many places that sell PM plans and SIM cards. Sometimes, plans come with extras. It could be helpful to know when PM has a promotion. Rather than signing up and finding out the next day you could have gotten a huge deal. That could potentially be information people want to see when it comes to sales and deals. 

Highlighted
Oracle

true enough,  but when there are promo on they are usually announced in the announcements thread.  ppl can sign up for the email alert or the rss feed subscription method.    and usually anytime there is a promotion or deal 99.9% of the time it can be found on rdf within minutes.

btw, @JenL my quote button was missing I wanted to quote rather than tag.  sorry if it might have felt  I was singling you specifically, or if the post came across in an aggressive tone (this is a cheap brainstorming session for PM).   

From my perspective  this community is to help people when they have phone issues, as there is no live chat no number etc.  only SIMon :catsad:   So helping should be the main focus, and to be successful that needs to be the primary  focus,  not a department store with many areas that does none well (we have seen what happens to those).   

Unless the idea is to try to get more non PM people visiting with the hopes  that they will then decide to join,  if that's the case maybe they should have contests last 2-5 days and with bigger prizes  and have a new one once a week rather than monthly.  

Highlighted

@mimmo no offence taken. Yes, the contests and prizes are in the announcement board. I was thinking contests and prizes could be posted in the sales and deals board. And yeah, I was assuming it would create more foot traffic, creating new PM members. It would be so awesome to have bigger giveaways and more frequently!! 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think a board dedicated to money saving and deals would be interesting to have. Maybe also something like a weekly contest / game / draw to have that would result in a dollar off or some other prize? Doesn't even have to be monetary.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JenL wrote:

@mimmo  I think I know where you're coming from. There are so many places that sell PM plans and SIM cards. Sometimes, plans come with extras. It could be helpful to know when PM has a promotion. Rather than signing up and finding out the next day you could have gotten a huge deal. That could potentially be information people want to see when it comes to sales and deals. 

As has been pointed out, since all promos, notices, deals, contests, etc are posted in the Announcement section of this site,  the easiest to be notified of ALL these postings is to follow the instructions here:
How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

And never miss another one.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While Deals, Maintenance Alerts and General Announcements are in the Announcements section, I think it's just easier to have it broken down so you can go directly to the area of interest instead of searching through all the Announcements.  Just easier to find information when it's broken down, including having the How To's section.

I didn't know about this so thanks for the link How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

Tags (1)
Highlighted

I'd make it a bit easier to find how to post a question.  Took me a while to figure out where you had to go to be able to post when I wanted to ask a question.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I agree with many of the suggestions offered however I do believe that all participation except in the lounge should count towards community rewards. Limiting participation to help threads only to count towards those rewards will only lead to a flurry of repetitive, unhelpful or misinformed replies by well meaning (or not) members hoping to recieve a community reward and further confusing the member seeking help.

Giving the member seeking help the opportunity to deal wth only one other member to assist while still publicly viewed...and invite certain other members join in by invitation may be more helpful. I know I have helped many members privately sort out their issues because they are overwhelmed by the public response. These obviously don't count towards community rewards....but for me the reward is solving the issue for the member. Participation in all aspects in all categories that relate to public mobile and the mobility industry should count because this is what enriches and allows the community to be a place of learning and teaching.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Giving the member seeking help the opportunity to deal wth only one other member to assist while still publicly viewed...and invite certain other members join in by invitation may be more helpful.

While that's a nice.... shall we say.... sentiment.... I really don't see how that would be possible in this kind of setting. While I'm sure most of us have been caught up in threads where there are lots of replies, it would be nice if people would simply delete their posts if they're nothing more than repeats of what someone else has already said. While I have left several such posts in place, it's usually if I've added just a wee bit more info, or clarified something that's already been said, but I have also deleted stuff that's been just a repeat, having been "ninja'd" by someone(or several someones), due to typing at the same time. There have been LOTS of instances where other people should do the same.....

I know I have helped many members privately sort out their issues because they are overwhelmed by the public response.

Yes, there ARE plenty of threads that the OP can become overwhelmed, due to the sheer number of replies, but quite often those replies are questions, in an attempt to get the OP to divulge more pertinent info that they've left out when starting the thread. That, and as has often happened, a reply 6 or 7 posts further down the thread can end up being the key post, that digs out the correct solution to the problem.

It's cool if you can help people privately, but I really don't know how they could implement your suggestion in a forum setting..... 🤔