cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

@zblackma wrote:

Congratulations enjoy the cards.

My wife will be enjoying it - spent most of it already, getting a couple of books from Amazon..... not to read, mind you, but to CUT UP the pages, to use in her scrapbooking crafts!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

@Jb456  Well, if there's none the next time we go to the store, it might come to that! 😕 

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: CONTEST CLOSED: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

You seriously asking people to offer ideas?

Just create a few templates and allow people to test drive them, and then vote on which one they like best. PM knows what features people have been asking for. For me, I like simplicity. For others they might want more control. But the reality is you can do whatever the heck you want, and so long as the price points are kept affordable then you'll have a client base. Maybe some people care about what colors and fonts are used, but yeah. Just do what you want to do as I strongly believe you already have a plan. Just whatever you do please do not break stuff, especially when you are shorthanded due to Covid-19.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Oh, this would have been fun to be apart of! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm  There's nothing stopping you from offering any suggestions you might have....you just can't win a prize.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Naepalm  There's nothing stopping you from offering any suggestions you might have....you just can't win a prize.

Ah that is totally true!

I'll think on this 🙂

fujiyama
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Apologies if this has been suggested earlier in the thread, I haven't checked back in a while.

I think there needs to be a big flashing warning or some restrictions to prevent people from using ANYTHING related to their personal info as their community username. Examples I've seen include: first/last/full name, phone number, sim card number, area/city/town of residence. (Haven't noticed street name or PM account number yet lol)

A large portion of customers who are attracted to PM aren't tech savvy enough or are just really confused by the customer support model here. That's why I've seen so many "bad" usernames,  posts revealing all sorts of personal info and also reports of sim jacking here despite being a relatively new member.

Which makes these forums a perfect place for hackers to gather info, funnily enough.

...my 2¢ for the day lol

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@fujiyama 

Agreed. Then to add a final confirmation somehow upon porting. Not just a notice of the fact and then having to contact the moderators and what with their delays the port is done which is in effect a negative option. It should be a positive confirmation. Always default to no. It should never have been allowed to default to yes.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fujiyama  You have come up with an excellent suggestion for public mobile to implement in their instructions when setting up a community account. Alongside a warning about sim jacking and fraudulent ports a strongly worded notice about avoiding the use of full names, phone numbers, birthdates and other identifying personal details for community names would go a long way in helping prevent fraudulent ports and the ensuing financial disaster it can cause. At the very least it would make new users aware of this serious issue and give them a reality check on their overall security of their personal information and related accounts.

fujiyama
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4

I agree with that as well! (Re: port confirmation)

Although that might need the entire industry to be on board to implement, so it'll take...a while lol

Need Help? Let's chat.