cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1 Thanks!  Loaded these offers!

@dac13...

here's something for us existing customers...go get it if you haven't done so yet...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great promo for new customers.  Would be even better to also offer existing customers this promo if they want to change their plan to $25 or higher.  Regardless, still a great promo.

@Aferdita....

read through all of the terms...make certain you qualified. If so ...you should see the data withing 30 days, as noted.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Boxing-Week-Savings-Get-your-second-mon...

Aferdita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I did this plan online but I never got my 5 GB data.

@colinbabs3 wrote:

i went to set up my account at a koodo store and the salesman who helped me told me that i had gotten the boxing week promo. Come to find out when i got home and set up my account, i actually did not get it. I just activated my brand new 25$ plan today, how can i get the promotion now?

All credits are bonuses are given within 30 days of activation. They aren't given immediately.

colinbabs3

i went to set up my account at a koodo store and the salesman who helped me told me that i had gotten the boxing week promo. Come to find out when i got home and set up my account, i actually did not get it. I just activated my brand new 25$ plan today, how can i get the promotion now?

@Nadeemakhan 

You need to register your email for the promotion. This is supposed to be done before you activate your sim card. However register now and hopefully public mobile will be in the holiday spirit and  include you in the promotion because you activated during the promotional period. If you dont see the credit and 5gb data bonus added to your account by january 20th you can contact the moderators then and ask if they will add it to your account as a good will gesture.

@Nadeemakhan 

@Nadeemakhan wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Above is my email I recently on 23rd dec purchased a sim and a plan worth $35 monthly kindly include my name in your free next month plus 5GB reward

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

Did you sign up your email address before activating the new plan?  If you did not, you might be out of luck.  According to terms and conditions of promotion, you need to sign up the promotion before activation of SIM card. 

However, you will qualify for the holiday giveaway promo- free 2GB data and 500 long distance minutes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Nadeemakhan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Above is my email I recently on 23rd dec purchased a sim and a plan worth $35 monthly kindly include my name in your free next month plus 5GB reward

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

@joelcarter85 wrote:

Also, thanks for the heads up on the promos for existing customers, I had no idea about them. 

If you haven’t grabbed the current Christmas gifts, get at it. You’ve only got until December 31 to grab them. And yes, they WILL hang around past your renewal.

AE_Collector

@joelcarter85 

Completely different promotional data.....add ons are much better as they roll over so you can use them as needed and can stay in your account for a long time if you use your plan data efficiently.

joelcarter85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks so much. I misunderstood what the 5GB was - I thought it was monthly, not a single pool. Also, thanks for the heads up on the promos for existing customers, I had no idea about them. 

@joelcarter85 

Did your extra 1gb for the month show up and you only had a few days to use it? If so and i suspected as much thats poor service on pm"s part. You should have had access to it for the vast majority of the month ( give them a few days to add it after activation!) Otherwise they should have added the extra 1gb to start on month 2 thru month 7. Contact tbe moderators to extend your offer for one month or ask for a 1gb data add on to make up for it.

You activate when you do you take your chances...when i activated i had no referral code and missed the flash sale by activating the day before.....did i dwell on it ? No i got to work on referrals and the community....a year later and two $0 bills. Pm service is what you make out if it....i prefer lemonade!

The majority of the promos are for new customers.  Probably to entice them to sign up for an account.

Currently there are two freebies one for 2GB data and the other for 500 international minutes for both new and existing customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joelcarter85 wrote:

I really hate that these are new activation only offers. I just activated last month on a $25 plan and the only promo I got was one extra GB for 6 months, which didn't even show up on my account until the first month ended. Why are there no offers for existing customers?

@joelcarter85 : What other provider does this?

And then what other provider gives gifts to existing customers either? 2 summers ago, last Xmas, this past summer for some, this Xmas.

joelcarter85

I really hate that these are new activation only offers. I just activated last month on a $25 plan and the only promo I got was one extra GB for 6 months, which didn't even show up on my account until the first month ended. Why are there no offers for existing customers?

You need to contact the moderators directly. Use the envelope icon upper right. Then click the “New Message” button. Sent a message to “Moderator_Team”. Then watch the envelope icon frequently for a reply message from them. 

But, my experience recently with a referral of mine who messed up was “We’re sorry, you have to meet the promotion requirements” which I understand. The incentive is there to push people to activate now. If you did it without the incentive.... the incentive wasn’t needed to get you to activate. The info is all over the community here and on Public Mobiles web site. I cant really blame Walmart employees for not being able to keep up on all the ever changing plans, incentives and offers from how many different cell carriers...

AE_Collector

Caloycoy

Please moderator help me thanks

@Caloycoy 

The moderators are usually very good about these things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@JK8 @gloomor 

The wording pm has put out is incorrect. It should say 30 days not 30 business days.

I imagine JK8 just did a copy paste of the wording. Of course it's wrong. But they keep saying it. Sigh.

Also, thanks about the other piece. I apparently didn't read all the way back.

Caloycoy

Hi please i need help i just activated yesterday on boxing day to get deals but after I activated i saw the boxing day deal and the walmart guys didn’t mention the promotion, would i be still getting a deal if i register it same email in the registration? 

@Caloycoy 

You will have to appeal to the moderators. I will send you a private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gloomor wrote:

Yes, I registered my email address on the form before activating.

Then you should be good to get the promos before your next renewal.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

If you used a referral code then you should get the $10 credit overnight or up to 3 days.

@JK8 @gloomor 

The wording pm has put out is incorrect. It should say 30 days not 30 business days.

Caloycoy

They didn’t mention the promo @Walmart  do i still have the chance to get im really frustrated now

@Anonymous 
@ivanR wrote:

I guess I activated too quickly.  I submitted my email address as suggested in the ad, but I activated prior to receiving the email response from Public Mobile.  I still have not received the email from Public Mobile.  Will I have to deactivate and reactivate later in order to receive the promotion?

@Anonymous 

From this post it sounds to me that @ivanR did everything in the correct order.

gloomor

Yes, I registered my email address on the form before activating.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@gloomor wrote:

I activated a new Public Mobile SIM card yesterday as a new customer, and starting using the new cellphone plan ($25.00). I suppose to receive 5GB of data and second month FREE, but haven't received any rewards. Please advise when the rewards will be available. 

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gloomor wrote:

I activated a new Public Mobile SIM card yesterday as a new customer, and starting using the new cellphone plan ($25.00). I suppose to receive 5GB of data and second month FREE, but haven't received any rewards. Please advise when the rewards will be available. 

@gloomor : Did you register your email address on the form before activating?

If so then the promos will appear before your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.