cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456 

I do believe the real @CannonFodder  has returned! I had to take a double-take after staring at the username. But to return as a customer would take a court martial and a firing squad.

It would take the aforementioned court martial & firing squad, along with a sweet deal, AND, at this point, it'd take either Telus putting up a closer tower, or us to move where we're closer to a Telus tower.

In any case, don't get used to seeing this name around here. 😉

@Jb456 

I do believe the real @CannonFodder  has returned! I had to take a double-take after staring at the username. But to return as a customer would take a court martial and a firing squad. Since thats  unlikely.....as an honourable soldier who keeps his word @CannonFodder  will appear in name only.

But dang it.....it sure is nice to see that name again! Risen from an unmarked grave, a profile unfairly cut short has returned! Rumours of your demise have been greatly exaggerated! I'm happy to see the original you again. Welcome back to the community!

@Jb456 wrote:

@ShawnC13  @darlicious  changes in the new year. Like a certain Oracle stepping down? That would be fantastic 😃 maybe @CannonFodder  will return. LOL

No, because as you now know, that didn't come to pass, and I use VERY little data, so even if 25GB was offered it wouldn't entice me.....

@TammyCarruthers 

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within days of activating if applicable.

TammyCarruthers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not see the extra data in my statement or free month when will this appear?

binisha19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! I have submitted a ticket.

hang_on

Hi @binisha19 ,

if you did not received your second month free and you have registered your email for the offer and use it to open your account, please open a ticket :

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should have already received the 2nd month free amount on your invoice.  When did you sign up for the deal?  When did you activate?  Did you use the same email to activate the account as you used to apply for the bonus?  Are you saying you haven't received the 2nd month free amount and the 5GB data?  Or just the 5GB data has not been received?

@binisha19 wrote:

I am yet to see this offer on my invoice. I have received two invoices so far.

Hi @binisha19 what invoices?  Public Mobile do not send invoices

binisha19

I am yet to see this offer on my invoice. I have received two invoices so far.

@ottawa 

Just checking!

Been there, Done that.

In the big picture get what you can for your friends as new customers but the biggest items are the ongoing cost savings and the rewards available with PM.

AE_Collector

ottawa

"You are just chewing yourself out .. out loud here right?"

Of course. 🙂

@ottawa 

You are just chewing yourself out .. out loud here right? There was absolutely no reason to not have email addresses registered for this promo as soon as you knew you had friends who may be convinced to sign up. This particular offer ran out, was reintroduced and then that was extended. I had a couple of people thinking seriously about it, one waiting for a SIM card to arrive and had them re-register for the next (identical) “offer just in case”. A year ago all the Black Friday though Christmas offers here came to an end on Jan 2 or 3. This year was far better than last year in that regard. Also, during the last year we went for months and months with absolutely NO New Customer offers so when something... anything showed up people pounced on it. Therefore, I wouldn’t blow off the current offer! There could be another loonnng dry spell ahead yet.

AE_Collector

@ottawa 

All promotions are similarily worded "until further notice" or "for a limited time" which means you shouldn't hesistate to register your email. If I have permission to register an email for a friend then I register it for each and every promo until they sign up. For the wafflers I have a couple of spare emails I sign up for these promotions to be able to offer them to new prospective customers who have missed the time limited email registration but are still within the activation window.

ottawa

Thank you, I had 2 friends I was going to sign up, I knew I should have submitted their emails earlier but I'm sure I saw the deadline got later. An extra gig is useless to them, but the 2nd month free was compelling. Not sure a bonus they'll never use will convince them to switch to PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa wrote:

The last time I looked, the deadline to register had changed to Feb 8, now it's gone and I see in post #1 that it's expired. Did they actually extend it then cancel it early? 😞

@ottawa 

Submitting the email address is gone for that promo but you can still activate up to then.

But now there's a new promo for a gig a month for 8 months (and some Asian long distance minutes) where you submit an email address.

ottawa

The last time I looked, the deadline to register had changed to Feb 8, now it's gone and I see in post #1 that it's expired. Did they actually extend it then cancel it early? 😞

ooops too late

Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lindsaylee2222 wrote:

When do my 5gb of data show up?

@Lindsaylee2222 hi it will show in your self serve within 30 days of activation but usually  bit sooner 

Lindsaylee2222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When do my 5gb of data show up?

hang_on

hi@darlicious,

thanks for the info. i have already contacted a moderator because i was charged for the first month and he told me to wait 30 days for the promo. in my ad that info was omitted : the second month is free.

@hang_on 

Pm did extend the promo so it shouldnt be an issue but did you submit your email again after january 6th? You have passed the normal dates that these promos/credits are normally added but are still within the 30 days stated in the terms.

You should now wait until day 25 of your plan cycle. If you have not had the promos/credits you qualify for added by then....you should contact the moderators and ask that they add them to your account.

@hang_on wrote:

hi @darlicious,

i have activated on january the 12th. the promo ended on january the 15th. 

And the 5Gb data add-on bonus was only for $25 and higher priced plans I believe. “Second month free” credit was for a new activation on any plan.

AE_Collector

hang_on

january the 6th. why do you need that information ? thanks

@hang_on 

Did you recieve a reminder email from pm to activate? If so what was the date on it?

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hang_on The wait is up to 30 days to get the bonuses.

hang_on

hi @darlicious,

i have activated on january the 12th. the promo ended on january the 15th. 

@jefferybarbara 

Is your plan $25+? What was your activation date?

@jefferybarbara wrote:

Hey Community, 

I registered for this promotion, the 2nd month has been applied to my account but not the extra 5gb. When will this be added to my account? Thanks! 

If you qualify it will be added within 30 days from activation.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

Need Help? Let's chat.