cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jovi wrote:

Hi there,

I clicked on the link on your message but a field to enter an email address did not appear.  Is there another way to get the boxing day special.  I just signed up last week.

Many thanks,

Sandy

@Jovi 

I shake my head. Yeah, the link in the announcement post doesn't show anything. And it suggests a flash sale.

Try this one.

So you can know it's for real, click on the big PUBLIC logo up top and you'll see the Boxing Week promo and a button saying Get Offer.

Edit: hmmm I wonder with all the overlapping promos of entering an email address whether this is also making things confused for the actual promo one is signing up for.

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I clicked on the link on your message but a field to enter an email address did not appear.  Is there another way to get the boxing day special.  I just signed up last week.

Many thanks,

Sandy

Haniehrs1989

Thank you for your guide. 

No, that is not 30 Days yet. I should wait 😁

@stefan3 

It likely should but unfortunately it does not.

If all was followed. Within 30 days you'll receive both as per the very first post on this thread.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will be applied to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

@stefan3 According to terms and conditions.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

stefan3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I decided to sign up to PM after reading the Boxing Week Savings offer. I entered my email address and received the acknowledgement that it had been received. My $25/ mo account is active as of yesterday. When looking at My Account status today there was no confirmation that the Boxing Week offer would be applied later. There was no mention of the 5GB data being added or a free month of service. In the interest of clarity, ie. Customer Service, the Account page should reflect that the Boxing Week Savings offer will be applied. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PB52 wrote:

Hi I signed up 2.5 weeks ago , any way to get the Boxing Day special, being so close to the promo ?

@PB52 

Well let's see - registering an email from the 11th to the 14th and activating up to the 25th
or registering an email from the 18th to the 21st and activating online up to the 8th
or this one.
If you picked up either of the earlier flash sales then I would say not. This one started on the 22nd. What day did you activate?

@PB52...

not very likely, IMO. You needed to register with your email, then get confirmation before activating.

Just be happy with the More is Merrier freebies....you did get them, right ?

PB52

Hi I signed up 2.5 weeks ago , any way to get the Boxing Day special, being so close to the promo ?

@Jb456 

Repeat as often as necessary.....

AE_Collector

@Haniehrs1989 

Page one of this thread very first post. If criteria has been met. Credit & data will be applied within 30 days of activation but before next renewal. 

Has it been 30 days? If not, patience.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that is applied within 72 hours of activation.

Haniehrs1989

Hello,

thanks for this promo.

I received the eligibility email for this promo, but it was not active in my account. Can you guide me in this field?

@Faizak 

Page one very first post is your answer. If all criteria has been met. It will be applied within 30 days but before your next renewal.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that is applied within 72 hours of activation.

Patience 😝

Faizak

Hi, I signed up on Public Mobile a week ago. When will the Boxing Week offer show up on my account? Thanks, Faizak 

This Boxing Week promo IS still active, it was one of the “For a Limited Time” promos with an “activate a new plan by” date of January 15. That said it is a New Customer promo so that is the most significant requirement to receive it. Also, I would expect the “register your email address” for this promotion to end any day now, quite likely tomorrow Monday Jan 4 going by how these Black Friday through New Years Day promotions went in prior years. Typically when they do email registration for a Promotion it is valid for a set date range and when that is passed you still have 10 - 14 days to get activated, thus the “activate by Jan 15” date on this one.

AE_Collector

@ruckuschica 

But does the 5 gigs show under your "My Data & add-on" section?

Are u talking about this link splash screen?

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/boxingweek

Screenshot_20210103_120546.jpg

Then you entered your email and it said You're eligible?

That was for new signups. Then they have to activate a brand new sim card / new account then within 30 days PM applies it to the account.

So do you see 5 gigs in the My Data and add-on section? Or did you just put your email in the link? 

If it was just email in the link. You won't get the 5 gigs since you already have an account....

ruckuschica
@Jb456

No, the link to the boxing week sale was still active on my end. So I got the 2GB + 500 minutes from the promo that was supposed to end on the 31st, plus the 5GB from this promo. There was a splash screen on the selfserve site and I just put in my email and it added automatically. Not sure why I can still access all this well after it's over, but not complaining either lol

@ruckuschica  Care to share a screenshot of you "My Data &add-on" section?

Curious how you got the 5 Gigs as this was not under "purchase add-ons". It's something manually applied by PM.

Unless you're talking about the 2 gig add-on.

ruckuschica
I just added the free data promo 30 minutes ago. I don't think the SECOND free month applies to me (not a new customer), but the 5GB addition was added successfully.

@Khovax12  Try contacting a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Hi @Khovax12 

By that, do you mean you only signed up for the More the Merrier promotion, which gives a FREE 2 GB add-on as well as 500 International Minutes?

Or do you mean you signed up for a plan which includes 2GB data on each cycle?

As far as getting the "More the Merrier" promotion - i'd say you're out of luck if you didn't add that before December 31st.

If you're talking about the Boxing Day deal which provides the 2nd "month" free + 5 GB data add-on (if selecting a $25 or higher plan), that's also doubtful.

HOWEVER, since that plan is still in it's eligibility period, you might have luck requesting it of the moderators even if you didn't pre-register your e-mail for it.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Khovax12

I just signed up on Dec 27 and somehow missed the boxing week deal of the second month free and 5 GB of data.  Instead I only got 2GB of data and no free month.  Can I still get the boxing week deal, and how do I go about getting it?  Thanks for your consideration.    

@Zhinarazaghi 

@Zhinarazaghi wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have another question and I would be grateful if you guide me;

I have activated my Sim card and plan on Dec 23. I used a referral code of my friend, and consequently, a one-time bonus of $10 credit has been activated on my profile. On the other hand, I have applied for the boxing week offer (second month free + 5 GB data). So, I would like to know how would these offers be applied to my plan?

For example; will my second payment be free and get 5 GB data starting on Jan 22, and then will I get $10 credit for the third month of my payment (starting date Feb 22)? Or the consequence of the offers are different?

You are correct.  The promotions and the friend referral credit of $10 are stackable.  $10 would be applied to your 3rd month payment.  Did you sign up for autopay?  That would provide additional $2 per month credit.  So, if you signed up for autopay, you should receive $2x3 = $6 credit for your 3rd month payment and $2 per month ongoing. 

FYI: The payment dates are every 30 days, not the same day each month. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zhinarazaghi : Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. Credits, rewards, payments, vouchers, instant top-ups all go in. Buying add-ons, renewing plans go out. If you have more balance than your plan cost at renewal then the remaining balance will sit there waiting for the next renewal or add-on purchase.

Zhinarazaghi

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have another question and I would be grateful if you guide me;

I have activated my Sim card and plan on Dec 23. I used a referral code of my friend, and consequently, a one-time bonus of $10 credit has been activated on my profile. On the other hand, I have applied for the boxing week offer (second month free + 5 GB data). So, I would like to know how would these offers be applied to my plan?

For example; will my second payment be free and get 5 GB data starting on Jan 22, and then will I get $10 credit for the third month of my payment (starting date Feb 22)? Or the consequence of the offers are different?

@Zhinarazaghi wrote:

Hi,

I inserted my email address in the boxing day offer web page. But, I have not received the offer on my profile. How can I know that this offer has been applied for me?

@Zhinarazaghi 

You should get the credit and 5GB data within 30 days.  You will not see the offer on your profile.  You won't know until 30 days, but it should not be a problem.  If you have not received in 30 days, then contact moderator.

Zhinarazaghi

Hi,

I inserted my email address in the boxing day offer web page. But, I have not received the offer on my profile. How can I know that this offer has been applied for me?

There were two flash sales that each  gave the second month free in that time frame already. Didn’t you activate on one or the other of them?

AE_Collector

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Zhinarazaghi wrote:

Hi there,

This is Zhina. I am a new customer of public mobile and I have activated my sim card on Dec 23. How can I get the boxing week offer (second month free + 5 GB data)?

Best regards,

Zhina

Did you fill out your e-mail address on the boxing week page and activate using that e-mail address?  If you did it, you will see the bonuses in less than 30 days.

Zhinarazaghi

Hi there,

This is Zhina. I am a new customer of public mobile and I have activated my sim card on Dec 23. How can I get the boxing week offer (second month free + 5 GB data)?

Best regards,

Zhina

Need Help? Let's chat.