cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online or in-store. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online or in-store to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

372 REPLIES 372

Bento17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh that's great! I did see that page so I'm glad to get the 5GB! Thanks for the clarification!

@Bento17  You didn't need to wait for an email.

After you entered your email you should have see this screen.

Screenshot_20201231_195131.jpg

  

That's all you needed.

Provided you met the criteria on page one of this thread very first post. The credit will be applied to your account within 30 days. Same goes for the 5 gig add-on.

Happy 2021.

@Bento17 wrote:

Hello,

I registered for this deal however I didn't realize that I needed to wait for a confirmation email before I activated my account. 

I submitted my email before I activated the account, will I still be eligible for the 5GB of data and second month free?

Thank you!

Confirmation didn't need to be waited for before activation. If you submitted your e-mail address and then acivated using that same e-mail address within the  conditions of the promotion, then you're eligible. What an e-mailed confirmation does provide is proof that you regisisted for it if you end up not receiving the bonus properly.

Bento17

Hello,

I registered for this deal however I didn't realize that I needed to wait for a confirmation email before I activated my account. 

I submitted my email before I activated the account, will I still be eligible for the 5GB of data and second month free?

Thank you!

@sukhdevsamra wrote:

my the 5gb data has not been added to my account. I have activated a new account after submitting my email on your website. and my plan is over $25. 

The 5GB and the account credit will be applied within 30 days of activation.

sukhdevsamra

Hello,

my the 5gb data has not been added to my account. I have activated a new account after submitting my email on your website. and my plan is over $25. 

my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank you

editd by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

@Nabi420 

Oana is one of our senior and fabulous moderators. Did she reiterate that you will qualify for the promotions as long as you register your email?

Nabi420

Thank you so much for responding me ..i got help from Public mobile agent Oana she helped me and resolved the issue 

@ShawnC13  @darlicious  changes in the new year. Like a certain Oracle stepping down? That would be fantastic 😃 maybe @CannonFodder  will return. LOL

@darlicious yeah I am sure we all hoped things had changed with the new year but unfortunately they didn't

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

Lol......starting off 2021 with a bang? Happy New Year!

The posts after the above were moved to the lounge

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Nabi420  and others who failed to read the numerous times these questions have been answered in this thread......

1. The $10 bonus referral credit by using your friends referral code will appear in your account within 72 hours but usually the next day. Your friend gets the $1 right after activation.
  2. If you followed all of the conditions of the promo you will recieve the 30 day credit and the 5gb add on in your account within 30 days. However you could recieve the 5gb data add on in a couple of days and the 30 day credit will likely appear between january 20th -23rd.
  3. If you dont recieve either or both promos by those dates or 3 days before your renewal contact the moderators to have it added to your account.

If you didnt know about the promos, read the instructions wrong, woke up this morning wondering how and why and who public mobile is because apparently you ported your phone number over  here last night.......

1. If you followed all the other conditions of the promo but the email registration go to the link on the first page and enter your exact email address you used to activate your sim card.
  2. You will recieve a pop up confirmation that your email has been accepted. Save this with a screenshot if possible...

Screenshot_20201222-135032.png

You will then recieve (hopefully) a confirmation email in the next week or so.....?

Screenshot_20201229-110434.png

1. If you have done this and dont recieve any of the promos in your account follow the same  instructions as above to contact the moderators.....they have confirmed with several new customers registering their email afterwards will be accepted to recieve the promo (s).
  2. The "more the merrier" gifts of data and long distance add ons and the two contests offered by public mobile have now expired. Happy New Year 2021!

Nabi420

Thank you for responding me back i appreciated..hopefully they can help me  if not i have to change company thats the the only reason why  I'm back with public 

@Nabi420 wrote:

No i didn't and it was not clear now when i write down my email  it says I qualify for this offer but i need to activate my sim card how am i gonna do that when i already did it 

@Nabi420 

You might want to contact moderator then to see if they can help.  No guarantees though.  Technically, you did not meet the criteria of the promotion, but if you explain your situation and ask nicely, they might be able to help.  Expect some time before response (usually a few hours, but up to 48 hours).  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@amenges wrote:

The 5g s is false/misleading advertising. If you read the fine print, 5g is only a 1 time offer and it will be applied within 30 days of activation . Once you use the 5g s of data , it is gone. 

I think most people believed it would be given to you monthly .

@amenges 

I would not say it is fake advertising.  New customers need to read the fine details of the promotion.  Saying that, you are not the only customer to think that way.  

Here are the terms and conditions of the data promo add on:

The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note that the bonus data will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Nabi420

No i didn't and it was not clear now when i write down my email  it says I qualify for this offer but i need to activate my sim card how am i gonna do that when i already did it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjn9 wrote:

Hi There, I'm an existing customer and just joined from I believe October end 2020. I'm on $15.00 a month plan. If I would switch to $25.00 a month plan would that 5 GB bonus data apply to my account as well? Thank you so much. 

@sjn9 : No.

@Nabi420 

@Nabi420 wrote:

Hello there i tried that yesterday by mistake i did regular activation i thought i will able to get the deal once i activate my sim card now i can see that deal would you please help me to get that deal 

Did you submit your email address before you activation of SIM card?  If not, you would not qualify for this promotion.  

@sjn9 

@sjn9 wrote:

Hi There, I'm an existing customer and just joined from I believe October end 2020. I'm on $15.00 a month plan. If I would switch to $25.00 a month plan would that 5 GB bonus data apply to my account as well? Thank you so much. 

This promo is only for new activations.  You will not get this deal if you switch plans unfortunately.  You could get a new SIM/plan, but you won't be able to transfer the number from the 1st account and you will lose whatever balance/rewards/add ons from 1st account

amenges

The 5g s is false/misleading advertising. If you read the fine print, 5g is only a 1 time offer and it will be applied within 30 days of activation . Once you use the 5g s of data , it is gone. 

I think most people believed it would be given to you monthly .

sjn9

Nabi420

Hello there i tried that yesterday by mistake i did regular activation i thought i will able to get the deal once i activate my sim card now i can see that deal would you please help me to get that deal 

@sshah4 

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

@sshah4 wrote:

Hi,

I have activated service  yesterday. I was advised that i'll receive Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plan- 

However, i don't see that in my account yet. The customer service representative put a note as well. Could you please update my account so i can view this Boxing Week Savings discount in my account.

@sshah4 

You should receive the promos within 30 days.  Before next payment date if you meet the criteria of the promo.  

sshah4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have activated service  yesterday. I was advised that i'll receive Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plan- 

However, i don't see that in my account yet. The customer service representative put a note as well. Could you please update my account so i can view this Boxing Week Savings discount in my account.

@sshah4 wrote:

Hi,

I have activated service on December 31, 2020 , yesterday. I was advised that i'll receive Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plan- 

As long as the condition of the promotion were met, the data bonus and account credit will be there within 30 days.

sshah4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have activated service on December 31, 2020 , yesterday. I was advised that i'll receive Boxing Week Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plan- 

@prestbw  Page 1 very first post. Has all the eligibility requirements for the 5gig 2nd 30 days free.

If you qualified as per the terms.

Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable

prestbw

Thanks for your info. I don't understand the differences you mention. I did get the 2free gbts and 500 Intel minutes, but not the 5gbts nor the deal that hooked me over.

Need Help? Let's chat.