Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Week Deals on Now!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1671720541543.png

Hey Community, 

Get ready to dominate your holiday shopping with our Boxing Day deals! For a limited time, we're offering 4G plans that will give you lightning fast data speeds, + bonus data for the next 12 months. 

So whether you're streaming movies, sending group texts, or keeping in touch with loved ones, you'll have all the connectivity you need. Hurry and choose from our 4G plans – Happy holidays and happy shopping! 

$35 | 3GB + 12 GB bonus data for 12 months 

$40 | 5GB + 12GB bonus data for 12 months

• Activate on the $35 3GB, $40 5GB plans using the promo code: 12MONTHS12GB and get a 12GB data bonus for 12 months.
  • Receive 3x Points-back in rewards. 
  • 12GB data bonus expires at the end of each 30 day period.
  • Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • Applicable to new customers.  
  • This offer is subject to change without notice. 

$45 | 20GB 4G Plan - Hot Boxing Day Deal for Everyone!

• Receive 3x Points-back in rewards, for new customers. 
  • Data¹ at 4G speed.
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes.
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging.
  • Rate plan applicable to new and existing customers.  
  • This offer is subject to change without notice. 

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 5 to 10 business days. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

46 REPLIES 46

DkB58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why are there better deals for new subscriptions than loyal customers? eg. $40 60gb at 5G plan, ( 5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed ).

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 11.54.42 AM.png

Borealis4011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long does this offer last?

Good_Man

Bravo Softtech,

Je pense exactement la même chose, aucun intérêt pour les clients actuels! J'attends le forfait 5G 34$ pour 50 Go d'ici au 26 décembre 2023!!!

@1Spacec4t 

Peut-être celui-ci ?
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Annonces/Le-Solde-des-F%C3%AAtes-commence-maintenant/...

En termes d'intérêt pour les nouvelles activations plutôt que de satisfaire les clients existants, c'est malheureusement toujours le cas dans ce secteur. Toutes les entreprises de télécommunications font plus d'efforts pour obtenir de nouvelles activations que pour offrir des promotions aux clients existants 😞 

Heureusement, le transfert de numéro est facile, on peut juste se contenter des bonnes affaires sans être fidèle à aucune compagnie de téléphonie mobile

1Spacec4t

Dommage que Public Mobile n'ait pas le respect de faire traduire ce texte en français. Mais bon, vue les problèmes de site connexion aux sites Web de la compagnie qui durent depuis des mois, on voit bien que la compagnie est plus préoccupée par essayer de trouver de nouveaux clients qu'à rendre le service normalement dû aux clients qu'elle a déjà. 

DianeE

@dabr Thanks for the tip re: weekend promos, that's good to know. If the PM SIM card lands in my mailbox by Tues Jan 3, I'll grab a PM deal (otherwise I'll grab a Koodo deal before they expire) and keep checking back with PM deals.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DianeE   PM currently has the same plan and the bonus data doesn't expire after 15 months as well as the $40/15GB plan with no expiry to the bonus data.   However, these are most likely only available for a few more days or less. 

It's certainly a good idea to keep a new SIM handy for any special deals but you'll need to keep checking the announcements/community forum once or twice a week for new promos.   I do agree that carriers should make it as simple and easy as possible for customers to take advantage of their promos and also for future retention.

BTW, I notice PM's 12GB/12 Months bonus data promo offer is available until Jan. 3rd/2023, 11.59 pm ET according to the following details:

++Offers available to new activations online until January 3, 2023 at 11:59PM ET. Activate on in market $35/3GB or $40/5GB plans using the promo code and get a 12GB data bonus for 12 months. 12GB data bonus expires at the end of each 30 day period. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice. Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

DianeE

@dabr Thanks for the info re: upcoming deals. If I don't get my PM SIM in the mail by Monday, I'll join Koodo as they have a "$45/20GB at 4G speed" promo ending Jan 3. After 15 months, the price will go up but, since new customers get the best deals with all mobility companies, it makes sense to have SIM cards from different companies and switch regularly. If PM comes out with a deal that meets my needs, I can join PM. If I was a telecommunications company, I'd want to make onboarding of new customers easy so perhaps my experience serves as a red flag!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@DianeE    For a first post on community you've done just fine so need to apologize.

Yes, it's unfortunate PM has reduced the number of places where SIMs can now be purchased, seems like an illogical business decision.

As to whether the 12GB/12 months for $35/3GB plan will still be available when you finally do receive your SIM is unknown as PM does not announce when they will remove any particular promos or introduce a new promo.   However, there have been ongoing different bonus data promotions on/off on a fairly regular basis over the last year but sometimes the activation timeline is limited to just a weekend or a few days at most.  So you should be able to catch another promo (hopefully) if you're unable to activate during this holiday period.

DianeE

It's ironic that companies don't reward loyalty and this contributes to an environment of constant provider switching. Fido has some great deals now but, because I'm already a customer, the only deals for me involve paying more money. I'm happy with Fido's service but I have to leave them in order to quality as a new customer in the future and to be eligible for the best deals! 

DianeE

This is my first community post so apologies if I'm not posting in the right place. I'm very sad to say that I've been running into nothing but hurdles trying to join Public Mobile as a new customer and get the $35 3GB plan with the 12GB/month bonus before boxing week deals expire (sigh). I'm happy with Fido but wanted a cheaper plan on the Telus network, as I'm on a gulf island where many people say Telus reception is better. Joining Fido 2 years ago was easy and was done thru online chat with a rep. I followed the Public Mobile website instructions, ordered a SIM card (which they promised to send in 2 days) but: i) the order confirmation said it would take 5-10 business days to arrive, ii) the plans you can choose from are those eligible at the time of ACTIVATION (i.e. after these deals expire on Jan 3) and iii) SIM cards are non-refundable. I was told that I couldn't cancel the SIM card order even 15 min after placing it, even though they hadn't had a chance to put it in the mail! A PM customer service rep wrote that I could buy another SIM card from a Telus or Koodo store and get credited for it later. I took the ferry into the city and purchased a PM SIM card from a Koodo store, only to realize the next day that they'd sold me a Koodo prepaid SIM card! 

Questions:

i) are things with Public Mobile always this difficult and are all these hurdles attempts by the universe to prevent me from switching to this company? I have noticed that PM doesn't provide a lot of customer satisfaction until the BBB gets involved.

ii) when I eventually receive the SIM card PM charged me for, will I be able to sign up for the 12GB for 12 months data deal?

iii) How often do good deals come along with PM? Is it worthwhile to hold onto the SIM card in case a good deal pops up in a few months or should I just sell it and grab a deal with Koodo or Virgin before the end of 2022?

Thanks in advance for sharing any pearls of wisdom.

vcdomingues

Thank you!!

@vcdomingues   The promo details also note that the bonus data can take upto 2 business days to be added to your account.

"Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied."

If you don't see the bonus data by Monday or Tuesday (New Year's holiday), then you can contact support via chatbot and they will be able to add the bonus data to your account.

Here's a link to the chatbot should you need it by Tuesday:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

vcdomingues

Hey I just signed up new account and the promo code didn’t work. $35 and I still have 3gb. 

@FreeMyBills wrote:

Any chance you’ll offer a cheap 4G plan in the future? Like $25/2gb? One can hope!

@FreeMyBills    Who knows, but it's unlikely there's going to be anything more for the current holiday period, however, as you said "one can hope" perhaps in the future PM might offer more options (even if it's time limited) for customers wanting deals for plans below $30.  Although, it does seem like PM is more interested in offering more promos for anyone willing to shell out $35+.

@FreeMyBills  at the moment, the cheapest 4G plan is $35/3GB

and honest, hard to believe $25/2GB for 4G any time soon, the correct $25 is only 1GB on 3G speed, hard to imagine they will increase the data amount and speed at the same time, same price  🙂

FreeMyBills

Any chance you’ll offer a cheap 4G plan in the future? Like $25/2gb? One can hope!

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Happy  to see more good 4G plans now.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well after asking customer service to let me switch to the boxing day sale plans I was just told that I can't get the sale plans because I'm not a new customer...so that confirms that Public is still not letting existing customers in on sales👎

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah it is a risk but hopefully data pricing keeps going down in future...I'm on the $40 now and I'm gonna risk it switch to the $35 haha...at least they letting existing customers get in on all the sales now though...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 

Or if you want to ensure you keep a reasonably priced 15gb plan you could schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $40/15gb plan and you don't have to worry about your 12gb bonus expiring after 12 months?

Da6s

Awesome! Thanks! I just checked and guess I missed the black Friday I was hoping for... good thing there are boxing day specials! 😉

CanadianPerson0
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sweet. Just wasn't to make sure I didn't sign them up for 12GB over the course of 12 months. Then I'd be SOL

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

So on the 13th "month" it'd go back to only 3GB. But in the meantime every "month" will effectively be 15GB?

yes

CanadianPerson0

So on the 13th "month" it'd go back to only 3GB. But in the meantime every "month" will effectively be 15GB?

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

So $35 every 30 days for 15GB?

It's a 12GB bonus per 30 days for only the frist 12 billing cycles.

CanadianPerson0

So $35 every 30 days for 15GB?

CanadianPerson0

They're killing it? That's surprising. Since the competition bureau is in the pockets of the telecoms.

HI @Da6s 

if you login to My Account using Private/Incognito/secret mode , go to Plan & add-on page, click Change My Plan.  If you see a big note saying you have a scheduled plan change, then yes, there is one upcoming.  If not, then No, you don't have any plan change scheduled

Da6s

Right on thanks! I thought I changed to a "new plan" for the cyber Monday deal but it didn't change, are you (or anyone reading this) aware of where I can see if there are "upcoming changes" that I've made? Nothing shows on the "plans & add-ons" screen as I'd expect.

Need Help? Let's chat.