cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Blog] Get to know the Public Mobile team: an interview with Marketing Communications

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

If you’ve been a long-time Community member, you probably know a few of the familiar Public Mobile team faces: myself, @Alan_K , and sometimes @Dave_M  makes an appearance. But we’re far from the only people who make PM possible, so we wanted to introduce you to a few more people on the team! 

Meet our Marketing Communications team, made up of Alyssa, Liz, and Isabella.

MarCom Bitmojis.png

What are they responsible for? Our Marketing Communications team handles anything and everything to do with the Public Mobile brand: from our rebrand in August 2019, to social media, to our swanky subway and bus ads. Keep reading to learn a bit more about who they are and what they’re working on this year. 

First things first, tell us a bit about yourself: what do you do on the Public Mobile team? 

Liz: I'm a marketing manager, in charge of the go-to-market activities related to marketing communications. This includes social media and communication for promotions. I joined the team around the same time as Alyssa. 

Isabella: I joined the team in October of last year and my main area of focus is digital marketing - mainly planning and executing our digital advertising campaigns. If you ever see one of our Facebook ads, I’m the one behind it!

Alyssa: I work on all things mass-media advertising and brand - specifically, our mass media campaigns and overarching brand positioning. I joined the team in November of last year. 

Looking back, what's been your favourite PM campaign since you started? 

Liz: Definitely More is Merrier. 

Isabella: Our holiday campaign, More is Merrier. 

Alyssa: I’ll say that there's some fun ads coming out in March that I'm looking forward to.

Okay, let’s all look forward now. What in your portfolio are you excited for in 2020? 

Liz: Our social media strategy. There's a huge opportunity for us to be engaging in meaningful 2-way conversations with our customers. Not only sharing exciting content with them, but also listening to their ideas, pain points etc. 

Isabella: I’m really looking forward to discovering new places we can reach potential customers via online advertising and sharing our brand value with as many people as possible.

Alyssa: After our rebrand last year, I'm excited to see Public Mobile breakthrough in a meaningful way to consumers. We have such an amazing brand and so many great things to offer our customers. 

Okay, time for some quick rapid fire questions. Go to coffee order? 

Liz: Matcha latte 

Isabella: Flat white. 

Alyssa: I'm actually a tea drinker! My go-to in the morning is Earl Grey.

Favourite public place (see what I did there)? 

Liz: The beach in the summer. 

Isabella: St Lawrence market in Toronto Smiley Happy

Alyssa: I love parks in the summer! 

If you could only have one app on your phone (besides call/text), what would it be? 

Liz: Spotify 

Isabella: Instagram

Alyssa: Twitter

Okay, last question: what is your current ringtone? 

Liz: My phone is always on silent! haha

Isabella: The theme song from "Succession".

Alyssa: It's called "Piano Riff" on iPhone

That’s a wrap from our Marketing Communications team! Are there any other members of the Public Mobile team you’d like to learn more about? Let us know! 

- The Public Mobile Team

37 REPLIES 37

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for sharing.  Getting to know more of the staff at public really makes us feel like a family.  I think getting to know other members of the team would be nice too.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the introductions and letting us know about the PM Marketing team.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the intro.  This is the only brand I know where customers can be this close and personal with the people that sell the product.  With everything else, we deal with the entity.  The personal touch is heartwarming. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiana_V  what a great thing to do.  SO cool to see a bit about the bigger group behind PM.  Would be cool to do something like this a little more often.  Maybe even some of the members

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Nice to know more info about the PM Staff Smiley Happy

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

👍Thanks. Tis good that you are acknowledging with pride the work of the team members behind the scene. Appreciate the fact that you are introducing them to us. Please keep up the great job ladies. I just got to ask did you draw the pictures yourselves? Or did you visit a street artist? I could be wrong, however, based on the characters in the drawings my guess would be:

"I 👀spy affeciando ",  " Happily hooked on caffeine " and " Professional poseur "

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  Great info! Good to know PM team membersSmiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.