Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale: Get $5 off for 6 months when you activate today

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective Monday, November 23, 2020, until December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up to get $5 off every month for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Offer Details: 

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $35 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

Please note that this offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

108 REPLIES 108

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm  not impressed  at all but this is what happen when telus doesn't  care about their public mobile customers 

I've heard that tells want even to shutdown public for good that's  why they have no offer.

I've been with Public since May 2010. I've seen slowly  how it's  getting better day by day.  At some point after telus purchased  public  was almost at the competition  level with freedom  mobile.  Now public its compared with chat-r or lucky mobile which is sad.

For a company  which have 10 staff members  , 30 unpaid oracle and no physical  stores should have great deals.

The only great  deal is the fact that once upon  time they send u a message to move to kodoo which is totally sad.

Also I'm not  cheap nor greedy. I'm  willing  to pay $ as soon as the they offer great deals. I don't  know something  like 15-20GB. After all we live in era of technology  where 5G is about to roll down and further planing  of 6G yet public offer 3G....

I give max 2 years until  they will shutdown  public mobile 

Also like last year I've  been to telus headquarter in downtown  Toronto to participate  into a survey. They only  cared about the automarization of the PM forum nothing  else. I've  asked 2 ladies  which interview  me why they do not increase the PM staff members,  better deal since the have no physical  stores  and the only answer comes was that this will interfere  with kodoo  which there is money not PM. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Meh, nice teaser. 

I hope they're doing one each day till Friday.   Thing is, if you submit an email for an earlier one, you won't be able to get a later one by registering for it with the SAME email.   

They've advised me the FIRST one registered for is the one which gets applied at activation. 

So use a different email address for a later one...

@txw427 

I am quite certain that you have glossed over a whole bunch of the fine print! PM is prepaid (no contract) meaning they give us a free tablet this month and next month we’ve moved to Fido to get another free tablet. Prepaid is used by people to cut out all the crap and get the lowest priced service possible without contracts, credit checks, tabs etc. The little gifts they still see fit to toss us every so often are appreciated.

AE_Collector

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@txw427 wrote:

Great plans for new customers, but is there any welfare for the old customer. I know fido is giving free Tablets to old customers.

For sure there will be no tablets here, but maybe on Black Friday some free data or international minutes add on for existing customers.

txw427
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great plans for new customers, but is there any welfare for the old customer. I know fido is giving free Tablets to old customers.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you for the offer!

@SD08 wrote:

$30 off on a minimum $35 activation...not even the equivalent of getting one month free.  Okay, I guess this will be attractive to those who were already planning to activate without a sale.  🛌

Yes but they will activate anyway without submitting their email first then be back here next week asking how to get this offer.

AE_Collector

@Nitesh 

Did you activate it at the kiosk?

I hope you didn't it's online only, so if you activated today just submit now, don't autofill or copy & paste it will return error, if it does just erase last letter and type it in, then resubmit

If you don't get it in 25 days contract support.

Also don't forget to use your referral, if you forgot it's ok you can still ask them to add manually.

Welcome to Publicmobile

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Nitesh wrote:

Hi there.. i got the sim from kudos kios yesterday..Can i get this offer...

If you already activated, contact a moderator and they will adjust your plan. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nitesh wrote:

@Nitesh hi if you signed up yesterday it's to late if you just bought a sim card then you can sign up now and recieve the offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nitesh wrote:

@Nitesh 

If you haven't activated yet then submit your email address and then activate. If you did then you were a day early.

@Nitesh wrote:

Yes, just follow the instructions in the top post.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

Nitesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If I remember correctly it used to be $5 off for 15 and 25 plan, the rest was $10.

It definitely is better than nothing. 

We got spoiled by 10 off for 8 months or even those selected for a year $10 off including 15 plan.

Well great for those who want to activate right now, but I have feeling many will wait a bit

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

$30 off on a minimum $35 activation...not even the equivalent of getting one month free.  Okay, I guess this will be attractive to those who were already planning to activate without a sale.  🛌

RossN
Mayor / Maire

five dollars off? oh boy I will have to tell the world!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I guess saving $30 is better then nothing but new customers will be waiting for a better deal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol We'll await further stackable offers like last year. Or not. 5 bucks. lol Oh well. It's better than a kick in the pants I suppose.

Need Help? Let's chat.