Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale: Get $5 off for 6 months when you activate today

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective Monday, November 23, 2020, until December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up to get $5 off every month for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Offer Details: 

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $35 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

Please note that this offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

108 REPLIES 108

@abonn08 

As long as you got a pop up confirmation immediately after you submitted your email address and you used the same address you will recieve the credit. Generally with this kind of promotion it will be added to your account 5 business days after the promotion ends. I wouldnt be surprised if you see it added on Friday Dec 11th.

Did you see confirmation similar to this one after registering your email?Screenshot_20201030-125321~3.png

@abonn08 wrote:

I had submitted my email address online before joining Public Mobile so I could get this deal. I did not receive an email in return but it looks like I should have based on your post. How can I make sure I still get this promo? 

@abonn08 

You should be fine.  Just wait the 30 days and you should receive the credit.  If not, then you can contact moderator.  

From previous similar promotions, people have activated before receiving the confirmation email.  Not everyone gets the email anyways.

abonn08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had submitted my email address online before joining Public Mobile so I could get this deal. I did not receive an email in return but it looks like I should have based on your post. How can I make sure I still get this promo? 

@chwkhelper , your reward should totally be there by the next renewal date. If not then, totally put in a ticket to SIMon.  Chat with SIMon with your issue, so it can create a support ticket for the moderators for you. Click on the question mark at the bottom or here is the direct link to the SIMon too if you prefer too.

@chwkhelper has it been 30 days since you activated?

The terms and conditions of the promotion says.

The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date

So just be patient for it to be applied to your account.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

@chwkhelper wrote:

Who do I contact if this did not work for my account? I entered my email address within the time frame (first actually on Black Friday, when I ordered my mobile SIM card, and the again today), but when I activated my account today the $5 did not come off my monthly fee. What are my next steps to fix this? Thanks!

Within 30 days:

The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

chwkhelper

Who do I contact if this did not work for my account? I entered my email address within the time frame (first actually on Black Friday, when I ordered my mobile SIM card, and the again today), but when I activated my account today the $5 did not come off my monthly fee. What are my next steps to fix this? Thanks!

@darlicious , I don't think that would be a wise move on my part come April Fools Day. How many Oracles moved that quickly to the binner? I think we got two or three people on that one!

1. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

@ScubaAlex 

It should show up within 30 days and will credit for months 2-7 of your bill. 

ScubaAlex

Hello there, I activated my plan yesterday, but the promotion is nowhere to find.

I cannot see anything stating $5off.

andre69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Within 72 hours of activation.  OK good to know.  It would be helpful if this were made more explicit to those providing the referral code (all of us customers) so that we can pass this on to new subscribers and save them the time of enquiring as to why they have not yet received their $10 credit.  Better, upon inputting a referral code should the $10 credit not be immediately applied to the first payment as a show of good faith?  

andre69

Good idea.  Many thanks.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@andre69 wrote:

OK so rather than expect the credit to show up upon activation it may not show up for 30 days...now I understand.  Unfortunately, the promise during the same promotion period for a half price online SIM card purchase did not manifest itself so I unknowingly paid full price when purchasing it online...I recommend that instructions on how to secure marketed promotions be made more explicit and / or in my case be refunded as a credit when it doesn't work as promised.  Many thanks.  

Contact a moderator to see if they will give you a $5 credit for the sim.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

andre69

OK so rather than expect the credit to show up upon activation it may not show up for 30 days...now I understand.  Unfortunately, the promise during the same promotion period for a half price online SIM card purchase did not manifest itself so I unknowingly paid full price when purchasing it online...I recommend that instructions on how to secure marketed promotions be made more explicit and / or in my case be refunded as a credit when it doesn't work as promised.  Many thanks.  

@mim0242  I sent you a private message with a code. Your envelope at the top is your inbox. Follow instructions in my message and you may just get a $10 credit in a few days. (It's up to  PM to decide that no guarantee)

As for your $5 discount from black Friday that's within 30 days.

Again welcome to Public Mobile 😃

mim0242

I never had a referral code 

@mim0242 

Within 30 days see terms below.

The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will credited within 72 hours of activation.

mim0242

I never got my $5 for a new activation:(

Yes, $35 plan except Quebec.

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $38 or $43 plan

You can currently buy sim cards at https://canadiancellsupplies.com

for $3.

I was just looking at this offer ($30 off) on the PM Home Page. Of course it says on Select Plans and has a little + after the statement but for the life of me I can not find the extra “+” info. Presumably it is the “On $35 and higher plans (except in Quebec which has different minimum plans) but I would think it would be easier for new customers to see this requirement. 

Also noticed that SIM cards are half price when ordered online.

I was checking the home page in hopes of a 1 day Super Duper Black Friday Promo. Couldn’t find it either...

AE_Collector

Someone said that when you enter your email initially for this offer you get a message right then and there on the web site confirming your successful entry thus you do NOT receive an email back at a latter time.

AE_Collector

@Anna_E  I do not believe an actual email would have been sent  to you for this one. It says.

1. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.

Some offers they do when you submit your email on the promotion link and hit submit then the next page is the confirmation that you are eligible and gives you options to either buy or activate a sim card.

Also as per the terms of the promotion the credit will be credited to your account within 30 days of activation.

1. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that credited will be applied to your account within 72 hours of activation. 

@Anna_E wrote:

I applied for this with my email, but I never received an email confirmation for it. Now that I have activated with Public Mobile I do not see the $5 saved.

Help, please.

Hi @Anna_E  here is part of terms of this Sale

• The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

You should have waited for your email confirmation...

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

As you did not get a confirmation message, contact the moderators for help.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Anna_E

I applied for this with my email, but I never received an email confirmation for it. Now that I have activated with Public Mobile I do not see the $5 saved.

Help, please.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@j3nniferbui 

To test "the first letter of my email was caps lock" question  - send yourself an email from ANOTHER email account, using a cap on the first letter to see if you still get it.

@j3nniferbui , @HALIMACS  for email purposes a capital letter or all caps doesn't matter. If you are using it as a log in , some sites need "exact" entry as it only looks at characters. PM is not one of them though, you could still log in with a capital first letter where none was used before.

@j3nniferbui 

To test "the first letter of my email was caps lock" question  - send yourself an email from ANOTHER email account, using a cap on the first letter to see if you still get it.

According to the terms.

j3nniferbui

I signed up and activated my sim on Thursday but still not see any promotion appear in my self-serve account. How long could I expect for it to be apply to my account? from the second month of payment?

Also, when I submitted the email address, the first letter of my email was caps lock, does it matter or not?

@Stevie6 wrote:

Will I still get the offer if I already activated and then submitted my email?

Contact a moderator and tell them you did it out of order and ask if you can still have the promo.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.