Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale: Get $5 off for 6 months when you activate today

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective Monday, November 23, 2020, until December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can sign up to get $5 off every month for 6 months when they activate on select plans online. This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Offer Details: 

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on the $38 or $43 plan
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $35 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 4, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 18, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The first credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, credits 2-6 will be applied before each renewal date.

Please note that this offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

108 REPLIES 108

@Stevie6 

@Stevie6 wrote:

Will I still get the offer if I already activated and then submitted my email?

Unfortunately, not.  You did not meet the terms and conditions.  You need to submit your email first and then activate afterwards.  

Stevie6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will I still get the offer if I already activated and then submitted my email?

@Samiraso wrote:

Can I use it if I just activate my public account? I have activated my Sim 8 months before.

@Samiraso Unfortunately no. Activating your "Community Account" doesn't qualify you. This was for new activations (sim) only. You activated your sim 8 months ago so unfortunately you are out of luck.

Samiraso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use it if I just activate my public account? I have activated my Sim 8 months before.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks, Great deal.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pwr1019 wrote:

OK Public Mobile it's almost Black Friday

We know it's coming...........

So what is the real deal?  

What's still to come?  I'm sure that Public Mobile is constantly evaluating the offers. If the current offer doesn't interest people, they're always free to wait for something else thst could happen in the near future.

Customers create a whole lot of hype and expectations about Black Friday. But that doesn't obligate businesses to play into the hype.

Public Mobile doesn't need to make a better offer until their competitors force a response.

@Pwr1019 wrote:

What's still to come?  I'm sure that Public Mobile is constantly evaluating the offers. If the current offer doesn't interest people, they're always free to wait for something else thst could happen in the near future.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When I first saw this promotion I thought it was $5 off the $15 plan or the $25 plan but it's for the $35 plan and up? This is so disappointing I was telling my friends up they should get an awesome deal at Black Friday at public mobile I guess not!

@Triguy 

I dont think anyone had recieved a deal from pm's deal alerts since the pandemic started. Have you?

You can sign up for any deal alerts.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Pwr1019

A quick synopsis of this years Black Friday deals from the “Little Three”. Seems they are all going for a lack of excitement this year. I bet they each have someone watching the other guys web sites 24/7 for last minute updates though!

AE_Collector

0FC072E8-1263-4EB0-99D0-BE881224096D.jpeg

Says a lot when the feedback from PM Oracles (and Retired PM Oracles) ranges from passive indifference to active pessimism.

@Catherine_T 

Lol! Good one.....I was so tired I slept in and missed all the April's Fool's Day pranks! I'm sure @gpixel had a good one. Y'all remember @mpcdesign 's from April 2020?  I cant wait to see what public mobile offers for Black Friday promotions this year.  After introducing us to the marketing team earlier this year they  were excited to reveal some great new promotions for customers.......all joking aside? I hope......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Bottom line is that last year from Black Friday through Jan 1 PM had the best new customer promo of the whole year. So there is hope for the same this year.

AE_Collector

It's been an extraordinary year for all businesses/corporations. Making and selling stuff or selling services. Some have done incredibly well. Many have closed. I would have very little expectation of comparing to last year.

Braves

I signed up a day before this promotion. Looks like i missed out

Bottom line is that last year from Black Friday through Jan 1 PM had the best new customer promo of the whole year. So there is hope for the same this year.

AE_Collector

Hi @ShawnC13 

I agree some are expecting the world with Black Friday deals and are unrealistic with their expectations.

I'm not, but I think it's OK for people to hype things a bit and have hope these days.

Not sure why there is all this anticipation of what PM will offer for a Black Friday deal.  PM hasn't done a lot for quite a while.  The big thing is why is it such a big deal this is a day created by the retail industry to hype Americans up to start the holiday shopping season and now it has carried over here and turned into Black Friday Week.  Now more than ever we need to try and support the local small business (I know there is no such cell provider).

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Ionut wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I'm  not complaining  about ther service  either  in term of signal or connection.  I'm  talking  about the lack of options, plans and offers since their cost are minimal.

Also I switch my entire family  as well. We have 4 line with PM. But very soon if they won't give any great deal I'll  switch to kodoo. 

@Ionut  What are you looking for in a deal?  I don't see anything groundbreaking coming from PM anymore.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sunflowershine

Good news!

BearFBI

@gpixel Well you could be right. 

Or if we're really unlucky we won't get any of the Quebec plans and Quebec will get its own black Friday plans for existing users leaving everyone elese out.

Why does Ontario have to be left out. Im moving to Quebec. Who wants to come with me ?

@BearFBI I'm sure the Quebec promos will be our black Friday plans for existing customers. let's see what happens this friday

BearFBI

This is lame. Its black Friday yet all public has to offer is this. A promo limited time plan would've been more ideal for existing and new users. The existing users rarely get to take advantage of promos or sales. 

Oh, come on. $5 for 6 renewals? On the bright side, a $5 price increase after approximately 6 months might not be enough to cause customers who get this to churn after that time. Combine this with the CPO phone offering/prices, Black Friday seams pretty weak so far at Public Mobile.

mh1983

Agree. The earlier belly aching is kind of lame.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good on Public mobile to throw a bone to existing customers every once and a while free nonexpire data add on or long distance add on.

Kudos to Public.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Nice promo for those who have been waiting for Black Friday sale.

Thanks

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS 

I'm  not complaining  about ther service  either  in term of signal or connection.  I'm  talking  about the lack of options, plans and offers since their cost are minimal.

Also I switch my entire family  as well. We have 4 line with PM. But very soon if they won't give any great deal I'll  switch to kodoo. 

@Ionut 

PM certainly fills a certain niche in the market.

Our experience thus far has been quite positive.

The 2 accounts I 'manage' have not had any complaints about their service thus far.  It's likely at least 2 more within this family unit will be switching over in the coming weeks/months.

We'll see in the coming days how much PM wants the other 2 of us to switch over from our current suppliers...  c'mon more Black Friday deals!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.