cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended for Cyber Monday - Get 20GB data for only $35 for 15 months!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting Tuesday, November 22, customers can get an additional 20GB of data for $35 a month for 15 months* For a limited time, save $20 a month on our $55 plan for 15 months* using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY

This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Offer ends today. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

• Submit your email address here
  • Activate and select the 20GB for $55/month plan to receive a $20 credit for 15 months*

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 5 to 10 business days. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

135 REPLIES 135

alexnichole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I just bought a sim online just now. It will arrive in 5-10 business days. Will the promo still be here when it arrives?

Kim89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr would I be able to get this seeing as I changed to this plan at the end if Oct? If so how would I go about it? Or can I change to the same plan I already have I'm order to get the promo?

@Anonymous00- Mine. I'm a low usage customer so my plan costs $13. Seeing as how all plans except the $15 plan are about paying more for data, just take each plan cost and divide by the data amount and find the price per gig. Then decide if you would spend that much. The two promo plans seem pretty popular.

Anonymous00

@dust2dust Thank you very much for your reply.

Perhaps I will simply change my plan ( I currently have the $25 plan for 1 GB).

Do you know what the best value for money is at the moment for an existing customer?

I don't want to spend more than $50.

Thanks

@zackz to Telus, it is no difference  🙂

zackz

Too bad existing customer don't get it.

I am switching to Koodo.

@Anonymous00- Anybody can start up new accounts with new sims and new email addresses all they want. If you want to keep your number then you would need to port out and then port back in to the new account. That would kill the old sim and rewards and close the account.

Anonymous00

Hello everyone,

Sorry, I don't understand.

I am an existing customer..is there any way I am able to benefit from this promotion-Get 20GB data for only $35 for 15 months?

Would I be able to benefit from it if I canceled my plan and then re-activated my plan with Public Mobile??

Thanks in advance

@cellphone4me   Yes, but you will still receive 15 months of discounted price, but they start from your second cycle as you will receive an account credit of $20 before the next payment which will reduce the payment to $35+tax.    Perhaps, @J_PM can confirm/clarify this point too.

cellphone4me

Thanks, so I'd have to pay the $55 at activation even though I have the discount code?

@cellphone4me   First register your email by clicking the link in J_PM's post above.  Then you need a PM SIM which can be ordered from PM here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/sim-card  however, it can take several days for the SIM to arrive.  You can also order from Amazon or pick one up from an official Koodo/Telus store if you have one close by.   edit:  You can use a referral code from a friend/family for $10 account credit at activation or you can ask for one here (private message only) on the community but unsolicited referrals you receive are against PM policy.

The $2 autopay reward is no longer available for new activations since Jan. 27th/2022 but you will receive back 5% in Public Points for plan payments or purchasing add-ons which can be redeemed to be used towards a renewal payment once you've accumulated 15 points ($15).

To transfer your number from another carrier both new and old accounts need to be active and usually the transfer completes within a couple of hours.  You also need to keep the previous carrier's SIM in your phone and respond to the transfer text within 90 minutes window.

After 15 months the plan price would revert back to $55 as the promo is offering a discount of $20/cycle for 15 months.  You would also need to pay the full price of $55 at activation and then would get the discounted $35 price from 2nd-16th month.  However, you can always schedule a plan change to a different (cheaper) plan once you reach the 16th month. 

edit:  You won't receive any notifications at the end of your 16th month but it's a good idea to keep checking the community announcements once a week at least for updates to the available plans or offers in general.

cellphone4me

Hi, I'm interested in signing up to Public Mobile in particular for your Black Friday deal: 20 GB for $35, but have a few questions.

1. I don't have a sim card yet. So, if I order one online it won't get here for a while. Will I miss the deal? I can't sign up without the sim card.

2. I see with automatic payment we get a $2 reward. So, will that automatically be applied when I'm charged every month? Instead of paying $35 plus tax, will I be billed $33 plus tax?

3. I have a number at another carrier. How long does it take to transfer over so I know when to cancel my account there? I assume I keep that account open until the transfer is complete. Am I notified by Public Mobile when the transfer is complete and my number from the other carrier is now active?

4. The offer is for 15 months. What happens after that? Are we notified beforehand what the new plan will be?

Thanks

Glally
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, it is for new customers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Seeing this long winded open discussion, the idiom loose lips sinks ships comes to mind.  🙄

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12 

It could be a coding issue.....but it's the first instance of how to apply a promocode when changing plans that is described in the help articles that I have been wondering about for quite awhile now since I ran across those particular articles. 🤔😀

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's possible that it could be a bug. I haven't scheduled a plan change yet. If it is a bug, I'm surprised that it didn't need to be exploited in incognito mode!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

So are you saying that pm doesn't have honour what it clearly states in the scheduled plan change and what the updated help articles on applying promocodes instruct?

@dabr wrote:

@mitchnet12   If you decide to go ahead and schedule the change, then take a screenshot of when the promo code is accepted as the upcoming payment doesn't show any discount, although @darlicious  thinks that's normal as the discount gets applied before the renewal date.

If an existing customer uses this code, I don't feel that there are any grounds to ask for the $20 if it doesn't get applied. This offer has always been adertised as only being for new customers.

mitchnet12

Agreed

@mitchnet12   If you decide to go ahead and schedule the change, then take a screenshot of when the promo code is accepted as the upcoming payment doesn't show any discount, although @darlicious  thinks that's normal as the discount gets applied before the renewal date.

@darlicious wrote:

@Spearmint 

You can get the $40/15gb plan and the $45/20gb plan and these plans don't have expiry dates so in theory the plan price is stable for as long as you keep the plan.

Or until PM posts a price change for 30 days or gives that amount of days notice

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mitchnet12

It works for me too. Now I have to wrestle with the choice of saving $5 for 15 months (and remember to schedule a plan change) or keep on the $40 15GB plan. For anybody that forgets about it on the month 16 renewal, their savings would theoretically be for 12 months. On the other hand, perhaps November 2023 will have favourable and enticing plan offers.

Thank you @darlicious 

@Danifast @mitchnet12 

See previous posts above.....

Edit:

....and @Spearmint.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Thanks for testing....that was next on my list to try with an older account. I might have shot collective feet by asking for clarification....?!! Oops I apologize ahead of time to anyone who may miss out?

@darlicious   Interesting, just experimented with that and it would seem not just new customers but all existing customers can use this promo! 

Might be an unintended glitch that might get fixed shortly, however, perhaps for those customers interested in this can schedule a plan change now and, hopefully, it should be honoured.   Of course, take screenshots after the scheduled change!

@Kev4 @eulcon 

If you are a new customer it does appear you can get this deal by scheduling a change plan on next renewal and adding the promocode. The promotional discount does show up in the plan details and although not clarified et by pm....I suspect the $20 discount is applied upon renewal before plan payment is taken like similar promotional discounts that have been applied in the past.

It is advisable to top up your account manually before renewal with a scheduled plan change to avoid the possibility of an autopay failure. Despite the limitations of the system requiring a payment to be your entire plan amount the following renewal will use any remaining available funds in your account balance first before charging any remaining outstanding plan amount to your card on file.

Please see the previously posted screenshots.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Spearmint 

You can get the $40/15gb plan and the $45/20gb plan and these plans don't have expiry dates so in theory the plan price is stable for as long as you keep the plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Modah5 

Well you brought up a good point but be advised that while this promotion is $10 cheaper the promotion expires after 15 months whereas the $45/20gb plan has no expiry...?

OK so I tried the same thing with a referral's account the and I was able to also successfully apply the promocode. But what worries me is the upcoming payment does not reflect the $20 discount? (Note: There is a $15 credit on the account in the image.)

@J_PM 

Can you confirm that customers will recieve the $20 discount even though the payment page does not reflect the $20 credit? Will it be added just before payment is taken upon renewal?

Screenshot_20221123_121022_Chrome~2.jpgScreenshot_20221123_121236_Chrome~2.jpg

Spearmint

I think it's silly that existing customers can't switch to this. Would switch in a heartbeat and PM would have an extra $10 a month from me. Thinking of changing providers now instead as a result (I am on $25 for 1GB, so not including existing customers on the 20GB for $35 will drive your existing customer base away). Not expecting PM to make these changes so will search out deals from other providers. Been with PM 3+ years.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Modah5 

Wow...really? None of us regulars have had that ability to do so.....but it's kind of a new feature in our accounts since self serve was redesigned. Would you be willing to try again and take some screenshots of what you entered in the promobox before and after? It will help us help you and you would help us help others.....a lot of what we learn is trial and error at pm.

Need Help? Let's chat.