cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big News: We just launched even better rate plans!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve got great news!  We listened to your feedback on our pricing and plan options and are excited to announce that we are launching new plan options today!

We encourage you to check out the new plan options here or at publicmobile.ca/selfserve to understand which plan best meets your needs and so you receive the biggest bang for your buck. Below is a summary of some of the major changes.

We are saying hello to:

• 2GB on a 30 day plan - We know this has been something all of you have been pushing for!
  • 3GB on a 90 day plan - We wanted to simplify the data options so we have removed the 1 GB and 4GB options and added a 3GB option for 90 days.

We are saying goodbye to:

• Canada Wide Text - Global text will be the only text option going forward.
  • 1GB and 4GB on a 90 day plan
  • 6GB on a 30 day plan - Very few customers were taking advantage of this plan.

With this pricing change, we want to leverage the new pricing of the 6GB, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text (now $120), to showcase this awesome plan:

CommunityPostPricingPromov3.jpg

We think that this plan will be a home-run, worthy of a Bautista bat flip!

Most plans are either cheaper or have more for the same price, but a few plans will be more expensive. If you like what you see, you can go ahead and make changes to your current plan.  But don’t worry – if you want to keep your current plan as-is, you will be able to do so.  No problem.

Below we have a list of FAQs. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

A huge thanks to all of you who took the time to give us your feedback. We are constantly incorporating your ideas to make Public Mobile better for everyone.

Public Mobile Community team 

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What happens if I sign up for a more expensive plan right before the rate plan options change? Am I able to change my plan without a penalty?

Customers who are on a 90 day plan and have used less than 45 days of service will be able to have their plan changed or credited. The chart below outlines a couple of scenarios and how Public Mobile will assist you so that you receive the best value for your money.

Scenario

Action

You are on a 90-day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

If you have used less than 45 days of service, we can either: (1) credit you the difference between your existing rate and the new rate for a plan with the same options or (2) update your existing plan to the new suite of plans. If you take advantage of the credit, it will be one time only. After then, you are expected to update your plan options to the one that best meets your needs.

Be sure to take action quickly if you want to take advantage of the new plan options.

If you have used more than 45 days of service, we won’t be able to credit or change the rate plan for you since you have used more than half of your existing plan.

That being said, you are able to future date your plan for the next billing cycle. 

You are on a 30 day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

Sorry, since you are on a short term plan we won’t be able to credit or change your rate plan.

You are able to future date your plan for the next billing cycle. 

You are on a 10 day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

As with the 30 day plan, we won’t be able to credit or change the rate plan for you since you are on a short term plan.

You can future date your plan for the next billing cycle.

You update your plan options, but then realize you would like to go back to your old plan

You won’t be able to switch back to your old plan after moving to the new suite of plan options. Be sure that you want to switch before you do!

1. Am I able to keep my current plan if I am happy with it?

Yes! You will be able to keep your existing plan. If you later decide you would like to take advantage of the new rate plan options, then just log in to publicmobile.ca/selfserve. However, you won’t be able to switch back to your old plan after renewing with the new rate plan options.

1. Why has the Canada-wide text option been removed?

The option has been removed in order to simplify the plan experience for customers. We also want to provide customers with the peace of mind that, while you are in Canada, you will be able to receive and send text messages from all over the world. @srlawren recently shared an improvement idea on our Public Lab saying that we should allow iMessaging confirmation texts to go through regardless of your text plan. This idea stemmed from the fact that some Canada-wide text plan customers weren’t receiving text messages from companies like Apple, who send messages from various locations around the world, notifying you to turn on your iMessage. With a global text option, you will no longer have to worry about this problem!

1. Why isn’t there a plan for heavy data users?

We think our sweet spot is medium data users, which is why the largest data plan is 12GB for 90 day customers and 4GB for 30 day customers. This is something that we will continue to re-evaluate based on your feedback.

Feel free to post any of your questions here, and we will be sure to get back to you. 

261 REPLIES 261

Call Center is a form of Customer support, where you talk to a live agent via phone

deljo_agtor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There's no doubt that the new pricing plan structure is better for some people.  It's just not better for everyone especially people who are low cell data users.

@Edison53 wrote:
How hard is it to program the system to turn a 4 to a 6? Seems unnecessary for customer to do it (if not making any other changes) and as others have said, people who do try to do it themselves end up with what looks like a higher bill. And then have to DM PM to fix the glitch

As per wireless code they are not allowed to unilaterally make changes

They can offer, but you always have the 30 day window to refuse to accept

Now logically who would say no to added data right

But law is the law

deljo_agtor

@makkahn28 wrote:

I also noticed, under the 30 Day, for Unlim Can-US Talk + Global Txt and 2 Gig Data

Fee is essentially similar to my original Legacy $60, Just w/o the Call Center option

Because Call Center does NOT exist on the new plan, odd fee is $60

Should be $50 or $55 at least to reflect on this

What's "call centre"?

I also noticed, under the 30 Day, for Unlim Can-US Talk + Global Txt and 2 Gig Data

Fee is essentially similar to my original Legacy $60, Just w/o the Call Center option

Because Call Center does NOT exist on the new plan, odd fee is $60

Should be $50 or $55 at least to reflect on this

Anyways, the Plan that I am currently on, 

Unlim Can-US Talk, Global Talk + 6 GB 

Original fee was $176 before the tax, and rewards

Under new fee schematic it's now listed when I checked as $150

Much better

That was the one

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I clicked on the plan special banner on the homepage, it does show $120 for 90 days of Province-wide talk, Global text and 6GB of data.

Which is roughly $40 a month.

Are you talking about your selfserve?  If so, that would need to be corrected. 

deljo_agtor

PM, please change your ad to read $40/30 days instead of $40/month.  I believe this is causing too much confusion for some as it is technically incorrect.

deljo_agtor

I checked for that $40 plan special, BUT all I can see is $50 instead of the $40 for what that advertise PM posted. Just trying to verify so Info can be verified, always do your research and homework

_________

What do you mean $40 plan special?  The $40 referenced in PM's advertisement is really the $120 for 90 days divided by 3.

I checked for that $40 plan special, BUT all I can see is $50 instead of the $40 for what that advertise PM posted. Just trying to verify so Info can be verified, always do your research and homework

imm1304

You're right, @Edison53

A possible explanation is to manage the workload.  We wouldn't want the moderators to be overwhelmed with plan change requests as they are needed for regular customer service as well.  

PM is trying to be fair and making sure that most of their existing customers will be able to switch to a new plan of their choice within a month (more or less).  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Edison53

You are right !

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Edison53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Afraid I am still confused by this. You *can* make the change if usage is less than 45 days, but not if it over 45 days, even though -- *in either case* -- the bill does not change by so much as a penny?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning, 

@kkum and everyone else, 

If you are on your 90 days plan and you have less than 45 days of usage, please send me or @Mary_M a private message with your Public Mobile phone number and we will credit the difference to your account and schedule a plan change for your next payment or we will simply upgrade your plan for you, you decide 😉

Thank you. 

Shazia

** Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kkum

Hey, I think I qualify for the first scenario "You are on a 90-day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference". I paid the full $140 before tax for the 90 day 6gb plan (before rewards) on July 17th, 2016. I would like the changed difference to be credited to my account. Thank you!

@Edison53 wrote:
How hard is it to program the system to turn a 4 to a 6? Seems unnecessary for customer to do it (if not making any other changes) and as others have said, people who do try to do it themselves end up with what looks like a higher bill. And then have to DM PM to fix the glitch

If it was that easy to program the system, they would have done it. What makes you think that automatic system would not give any problems? 

Edison53

@Edison53 wrote:
Not following the logic. I am on a 90 day plan with 4 GB of data. What customer would complain if they got 2GB extra for the same price?

That is the case for 4GB plan but not for old 1GB plan.

How hard is it to do it yourself 😛

Edison53
Not following the logic. I am on a 90 day plan with 4 GB of data. What customer would complain if they got 2GB extra for the same price?

@Edison53 wrote:
I am on the 90 day plan. Why not upgrade me automatically? Wouldn't that be simpler for all concerned?

Which plan are you on? 1GB 4GB?

They can't just do it automatically since there are other users like me want to stay on old plan. To upgrade, you can do it yourself through self-serve. 

Edison53
I am on the 90 day plan. Why not upgrade me automatically? Wouldn't that be simpler for all concerned?

Nice to see PM rewarding users for providing feedback. Love it...

Thanks for all your hard work..

spoolinx86

This is great news. I really like the new options, 2GB was what I was really missing on the 30 day and I plan to switch in the near future. 

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PERFECT! They just make Public Mobile that best out there! Wooo

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c,

We just posted an update on known issues. Check it out here.  Thanks!

imm1304

This is awesome, 

One more reason why PM is the best.  Not only do you get a great deal on your mobile plans, you also get movie passes and rewards for being helpful!  

Also, Hi @Cat_L!  🙂

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Aamna,

You're a fast one! Thank you for being the first person to identify this glitch and bringing it to our attention- we appreciate you helping us. Our whole team is working tirelessly to fix this glitch and @Brooke_C is going to post an update on this. 

In the meantime, we want to send you a couple movie passes as a thank you for your quick eye and feedback. Can you private message me your address?

Thank you!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @fmpsportsguy

Deer.jpg

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we had missed this small detail in the midst of all these changes. The terms should be fixed now! We'd love to send you a couple movie passes to thank you for having our back. Would you be able to private message me your address? 

Have a great evening!

imm1304

Hey @PBForMe@NDesai,

This was discussed earlier this morning and they are aware.  Brook_C acknowledged it and I am sure PM staff will have it fixed asap.  

Take home message is that the price shown as the "Amount Due" is the accurate amount each of us will pay minus the rewards.  So, despite the error in the price displayed under "My Plans" , we can expect to pay the correct price for the old plans.  

Having said that, I already switched to the new plan because it gets me more data for the same price. 

Need Help? Let's chat.