cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big News: We just launched even better rate plans!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’ve got great news!  We listened to your feedback on our pricing and plan options and are excited to announce that we are launching new plan options today!

We encourage you to check out the new plan options here or at publicmobile.ca/selfserve to understand which plan best meets your needs and so you receive the biggest bang for your buck. Below is a summary of some of the major changes.

We are saying hello to:

• 2GB on a 30 day plan - We know this has been something all of you have been pushing for!
  • 3GB on a 90 day plan - We wanted to simplify the data options so we have removed the 1 GB and 4GB options and added a 3GB option for 90 days.

We are saying goodbye to:

• Canada Wide Text - Global text will be the only text option going forward.
  • 1GB and 4GB on a 90 day plan
  • 6GB on a 30 day plan - Very few customers were taking advantage of this plan.

With this pricing change, we want to leverage the new pricing of the 6GB, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text (now $120), to showcase this awesome plan:

CommunityPostPricingPromov3.jpg

We think that this plan will be a home-run, worthy of a Bautista bat flip!

Most plans are either cheaper or have more for the same price, but a few plans will be more expensive. If you like what you see, you can go ahead and make changes to your current plan.  But don’t worry – if you want to keep your current plan as-is, you will be able to do so.  No problem.

Below we have a list of FAQs. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

A huge thanks to all of you who took the time to give us your feedback. We are constantly incorporating your ideas to make Public Mobile better for everyone.

Public Mobile Community team 

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What happens if I sign up for a more expensive plan right before the rate plan options change? Am I able to change my plan without a penalty?

Customers who are on a 90 day plan and have used less than 45 days of service will be able to have their plan changed or credited. The chart below outlines a couple of scenarios and how Public Mobile will assist you so that you receive the best value for your money.

Scenario

Action

You are on a 90-day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

If you have used less than 45 days of service, we can either: (1) credit you the difference between your existing rate and the new rate for a plan with the same options or (2) update your existing plan to the new suite of plans. If you take advantage of the credit, it will be one time only. After then, you are expected to update your plan options to the one that best meets your needs.

Be sure to take action quickly if you want to take advantage of the new plan options.

If you have used more than 45 days of service, we won’t be able to credit or change the rate plan for you since you have used more than half of your existing plan.

That being said, you are able to future date your plan for the next billing cycle. 

You are on a 30 day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

Sorry, since you are on a short term plan we won’t be able to credit or change your rate plan.

You are able to future date your plan for the next billing cycle. 

You are on a 10 day plan and would like to change your plan or receive a credit for the difference

As with the 30 day plan, we won’t be able to credit or change the rate plan for you since you are on a short term plan.

You can future date your plan for the next billing cycle.

You update your plan options, but then realize you would like to go back to your old plan

You won’t be able to switch back to your old plan after moving to the new suite of plan options. Be sure that you want to switch before you do!

1. Am I able to keep my current plan if I am happy with it?

Yes! You will be able to keep your existing plan. If you later decide you would like to take advantage of the new rate plan options, then just log in to publicmobile.ca/selfserve. However, you won’t be able to switch back to your old plan after renewing with the new rate plan options.

1. Why has the Canada-wide text option been removed?

The option has been removed in order to simplify the plan experience for customers. We also want to provide customers with the peace of mind that, while you are in Canada, you will be able to receive and send text messages from all over the world. @srlawren recently shared an improvement idea on our Public Lab saying that we should allow iMessaging confirmation texts to go through regardless of your text plan. This idea stemmed from the fact that some Canada-wide text plan customers weren’t receiving text messages from companies like Apple, who send messages from various locations around the world, notifying you to turn on your iMessage. With a global text option, you will no longer have to worry about this problem!

1. Why isn’t there a plan for heavy data users?

We think our sweet spot is medium data users, which is why the largest data plan is 12GB for 90 day customers and 4GB for 30 day customers. This is something that we will continue to re-evaluate based on your feedback.

Feel free to post any of your questions here, and we will be sure to get back to you. 

261 REPLIES 261

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dhanadhan wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

@Mary_M wrote:

@PBForMe If a customer has the 90$ plan, they can keep it. IF they do ever change it, that's when they'll lose it.

But it's showing $135 now in the portal?

yes same for me. But amount due is correct.  I guess its a glitch. 

I hope so. @Shazia_K can you kindly look into the old $90 plans showing as $135 now in the portal please? Thank you. 

@PBForMe wrote:

@dhanadhan wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

So I'm cofused.

The $90 plan is now history? Those on the $90 will have to switch to the $111 plan, they can't stay on their old one? That's quite a big jump.

Also, on my account page it's showing the old plan under account details but the price is at $135? What's going on? 

No, you can stay on your plan if you like. Check the annoucment. 

Nice catch, missed that part. It's unfortunate that the option is gone going forward though. I was going to port some family members over that require little to no data but now with the new pricing I'm not sure. 

The higer data is better for most users for sure, but those that needed very little now are left without a great plan IMO. 

I think the same. There are users who are on Wi-Fi most of the time. So 1GB is perfect plan. I hope they bring it back.

deltatux

@Brooke_C & @Mary_M, Hurray! New plan options, glad to see the price became a bit better.

One thing I wished you guys did was to add a 9GB/90 days option to slot in between the 6 and 12 GB option.

The jump between $120/90 days and $186/90 days is pretty big especially for those who might find 2 GB/month to be too little but 4 GB/month too much.

@PBForMe wrote:

@Mary_M wrote:

@PBForMe If a customer has the 90$ plan, they can keep it. IF they do ever change it, that's when they'll lose it.

yes same for me. But amount due is correct.  I guess its a glitch. 

PBForMe

@dhanadhan wrote:

@PBForMe wrote:

So I'm cofused.

The $90 plan is now history? Those on the $90 will have to switch to the $111 plan, they can't stay on their old one? That's quite a big jump.

Also, on my account page it's showing the old plan under account details but the price is at $135? What's going on? 

Nice catch, missed that part. It's unfortunate that the option is gone going forward though. I was going to port some family members over that require little to no data but now with the new pricing I'm not sure. 

The higer data is better for most users for sure, but those that needed very little now are left without a great plan IMO. 

PBForMe

@Mary_M wrote:

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@PBForMe wrote:

So I'm cofused.

PBForMe

So I'm cofused.

Thanks @imm1304

I find the service has become much more responsive and full of energy

This is now the most awesome and greatly anticipated new look for PM

Now, if all or most of those pesky glitches were banished, then PM would find itself in a more prosperous position to garner more ppl. 

Lucky Rogers isn't running the show, look at Mobilicity, Rogers can sure be mean.

@homer wrote:

Guys there are a lot of questions posted on RFD today from people who are willing to switch to PM. Let's showcase how awesome PM is 🙂 I've already answered a lot of the questions. 

I am on it......

Awesome News. PM you did it 🙂 🙂

But i am sticking to my 1GB plan since i am on Wi-Fi most of the time 😞

I am sure this is a huge oppertunity to bring customers...

And @Brooke_C welcome to the community. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @makkahn28, just get in touch with Mary and change over to the new plan ...and welcome to mobile plan heaven! 😄

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @samestory

Thank you for your interesting in switching plans!

If you renewed your current plan less than 45 days ago, send me your phone number and we'll look into it.

If the plan was purchased more than 45 days ago, I can schedule a plan change for you for the next bill cycle. **all via private message

Thank you 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @peter08,

Can you please send me your phone number by private message ?

We'll look into this.

Thank you,

Mary

I will agree that PM has gotten much better, would love to see even more

homer

Guys there are a lot of questions posted on RFD today from people who are willing to switch to PM. Let's showcase how awesome PM is 🙂 I've already answered a lot of the questions. 

@Brooke_C @Mary_M @Shazia_K

Did Public make any sort of official announcement on plan info being incorrect in people online accounts?

Do we need to each get accounts corrected individually or will system correct itself?

Any reason the 1GB options were removed?

peter08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was hoping I could change my 4GB per 3 month plan to the 3GB per 3 month plan? Thanks

samestory
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

The new plans are great. I was hoping to change my current plan to the 90 day 6GB one? It is the same price as my current 90 day 4GB one.

Thank you!

Also, I believe that I'm approaching the end of my current 90 Day, Not sure when in Aug, BUT I love the 90 Day, if PM had a 120 or 150 Day option I would go for it as It can allow me to put $$$ in my CC and be more efficient

I will agree that the Txting thing at least corrects the issues PPL have had before, and that's an awesome first step.

Would be nice to possibly see more done NOW to the Add-Ons, like 500 MB or 750 MB or 1GB Add-On, so that ppl can have potential options for Data consumption.

If PM can create unique Plans, even like 120 or 150 Day plans, that can certainly serve as a means of haveing exceptional and uninterrupted service 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kaytus

I have sent you a private message, please view it 🙂

@makkahn28 If the plan you paid 176$ for now costs 150$, we'll be able to credit you the amount you paid extra. We can also change your plan, this way it will renew as the new one with the new price. 

Send me a private message if you'd like to go forward,

Mary

homer

you can get 1GB for $15, 3GB for $25, or 5GB for $35 from fido 

still, the $120 / 90 days / 6GB plan from PM is very attractive 

@vladster wrote:

I think data users only will be switching back to Bell/Rogers  tablet plans where you pay $20 for 1gb or $40 for 5gb of data per month.

I still wish to KEEP, NOT REPLACE, BUT RETAIN my Current 90 Day Plan, as its purrrfect for meCat TongueHeart

I had a question.

My 90 Day plan(s) is:

Unlim Can-US Talk + Global Txt + 6 Gig

Fee was $176 before tax and of course rewards

I checked the new rates for it and it stated $150

Which fee is accurate in my case?

I want to ensure that I pay for correct and yet FAIR value.

If $150, $2 for Auto-Pay reward, I'd pay roughly $144, which would be like Heaven on earth.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi All,

I am the same plan before 90 Days with 6 GB Data, it cost me $185..

So how can i switch the plan?

Should i change new plan right away, Paid the money first.

And waiting for the credits. I still under 45 Days.

Thank you for advanced

vladster

I think data users only will be switching back to Bell/Rogers  tablet plans where you pay $20 for 1gb or $40 for 5gb of data per month.

kjmckenz

I'm so happy I logged in today to check on my plan (which renews tonight/tomorrow).

When I saw the plan rate had gone up even though I hadn't made any changes to it, I kind of had a panic attack. But then I went to the rate plan change page and basically picked the same things (except for text - I had to choose the global option).

Once I had selected my options, I saw my rate was back down to actually less than it was before! BAM! Public Mobile FTW. 😄

The $40/mth plan is basically the best thing ever. 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @fmpsportsguy!

Good catch.  That footnote number 3 on Plans page sounds like it refers to now-retired Canada-wide text option.  

@Brooke_C@Mary_M please take note.  Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.