cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [BUG RESOLVED]: Incoming texts not received upon return from US

@AE_Collector wrote:

And what a convenience it would be if the "next step" were making it so you can set the stat date and even purchase several to start consecutively! Of course other options like 1, 5, 10 & 30 day variants would be nice as well. Just dreaming out loud ....

AE_Collector

Agree, but we may have a long wait for those options seeing how long it takes for PM to update their system.  Oh well!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another question is if it's also now an official policy that users can receive incoming texts whilst in the US, even without a roaming package (not outgoing, of course)?

I used to work in the US and I crossed the border from Canada into the US daily as part of my commute. I can tell you that my mobile was ALWAYS able to receive incoming texts while I was in the US with no additional packages.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Chipster wrote:

Another question is if it's also now an official policy that users can receive incoming texts whilst in the US, even without a roaming package (not outgoing, of course)?

I used to work in the US and I crossed the border from Canada into the US daily as part of my commute. I can tell you that my mobile was ALWAYS able to receive incoming texts while I was in the US with no additional packages.

I haven't seen it come out as an official statement from PM but there was this post today confirming people are still receiving texts without the Roaming add-on

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Long-Distance-not-working-despite-havin...

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

The US Roaming Get Help page indicates that it's officially recognized. Receiving calls???...:)

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Doubt receiving calls would be free (at least officially).  Receiving texts at the domestic rate (in this case, most PM customers get for free) is found at most carriers, as you can't control your incoming text messages.

What if someone flooded your phone with spam messages and they were billed at $1.00/txt?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SomeFriend wrote:

Doubt receiving calls would be free (at least officially).  Receiving texts at the domestic rate (in this case, most PM customers get for free) is found at most carriers, as you can't control your incoming text messages.

What if someone flooded your phone with spam messages and they were billed at $1.00/txt?

it's a good thing that there is no usage-based-billing at Public Moible. As such, an occurance of that those type of charges couldn't happen.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, that's quite true but the reason why incoming text while roaming is billed at the domestic rate on most carriers worldwide is that you couldn't control your incoming text message usage.  So they don't charge you extra.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

May need to turn off the phone & restart again once get back to Canada, 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great! 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to know since I was planning on getting this add on when I travel. But when in doubt a simple power off And on sometimes helps fix the problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.