cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [BLOG]: Physical Distancing Tips from the Public Mobile Team

Hasn't really been much of an "adjustment" or "challenge" to me.

I'm an industrious reclusive misanthrope who was "social distancing" long, long before it became the cool thing to do.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

During the day, I look after mt two little kids, and do things such as reading, math (yuck...where are you @darlicious or @ShawnC13 , you two love math), arts and crafts. 

The best part I like is the nap time around 2-4pm, because when they go down, I will sometimes go down for the count! 

I normally burn the midnight learning new things online or work on my YouTube channel. But, now that I am getting bored with that, and unsure of the situation, I may be applying for work at night to help those who are killing themselves as essential services. I did apply at a homeless shelter, just waiting on that! I guess one needs to adapt to any situation. 

Stay safe and stay home when you can!

Highlighted

Snow? Where in Canada is there snow?

Luckily for us, it's beautiful weather on the West Coast and it feels like 20 degrees but it says 15 degrees. No snow, and I am thankful for that! 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mpcdesign wrote:

Snow? Where in Canada is there snow?

Luckily for us, it's beautiful weather on the West Coast and it feels like 20 degrees but it says 15 degrees. No snow, and I am thankful for that! 

Snow isn't unusual for much of Canada in April. What surprised me from earlier was that it was still accumulated on the ground. I believe it was last night that there was some snown in parts of Toronto, but it quickly melted.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My father in law lives in northern Quebec and they still have snow. We also got snow last night and we are in southwestern Ontario. nothing to get worried about but still snow. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am a pastor and have been working from home during this time. Now I have 9 kids so its not super-efficient. But it has been good. My kids are homeschooled so nothing new for them and now they are doing much more for school than anyone else I know right now. The only difficulty for us is going to the grocery store. Since we have a large family the limit of 1 or 2 items per shopper just doesn't cut it for our family, So w are now ordering direct from wholesale food suppliers like a restaurant would LOL Its actually much cheaper so kinda a win. and don't have to go to the grocery store, 

Stay safe and thanks for bringing this up. 

Highlighted

@Naepalm, you have nine kids. 9? neuf? Wowza!

How'd di you guys do it? Okay, I know how'd you did it, but how do you manage with 9 kids. I only have 2 kids, and my last kid, who is 3 years takes 2 hours to eat any meal, and she drives me batty sometimes. 9 kids, would push me over the edge! So, any tips?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It started this morning as wet snow. Snow is on my yard and driveway now.  4" to 8" snow by tomorrow night.  Spring snow is common in Calgary.  We do not plant anything outside until May long weekend which is over a month away.

This isn't our first St. Patrick's Day snowstorm: March 17, 1998 Snowmageddon

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/this-isnt-our-first-st-patricks-day-snowstorm-march-17-199...

Snow 2020-04-10.JPG

Highlighted

@popping snow? Seriously? I can't wait to rub that in with a friend who moved from Vancouver to Calgary. Granted, he now owns a house, and I still in a condo. 🤔

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping wrote:

It started this morning as wet snow. Snow is on my yard and driveway now.  4" to 8" snow by tomorrow night.  Spring snow is common in Calgary.  We do not plant anything outside until May long weekend which is over a month away.

At least that will keep people home. Here are the headlines in BC:

“Highways, ferries filled with long-weekend travellers despite requests to stay home”