cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Are you outgrowing your plan? An offer from our friends at TELUS.

@SomeFriend wrote:

I like how this no longer shows up on the community's front page anymore.  Did they scrap the offer because of all the backslash already?

There's only so much room on the first Community page.  This annoucement isn't pinned either, but if Public Mobile want to remove the entire thread, they could easily do that.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SomeFriend wrote:

I like how this no longer shows up on the community's front page anymore.  Did they scrap the offer because of all the backslash already?

Well they did come up with yet another flash sale.

I'm sure it was just a compliance "yes boss" thing. And then think "There. Done. I knew our customers would think it was stupid". Gotta keep employed donchaknow.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  & @z10user4 

a/s = anti submarine warfare....

That can't be what you guys are talking about can it???

😹

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile isn't going anywhere 😍

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Costly "Peace of Mind Plan" and "True North Affordability" seem quite contrary to me.

Costly "Peace of Mind Plan" and all the reasons customers consciously chose this third-tier value provider also seem quite contrary to me.

But I suppose enough people must still keep buying it because Telus still keeps selling it.

Highlighted

@Korth wrote:

Costly "Peace of Mind Plan" and "True North Affordability" seem quite contrary to me.

Costly "Peace of Mind Plan" and all the reasons customers consciously chose this third-tier value provider also seem quite contrary to me.

But I suppose enough people must still keep buying it because Telus still keeps selling it.

I think that the True North Affordability thing is marketing.  The supposed goals of the federal government don't mean much to me if many of the plans have this logo placed next to them, even at the more expensive carriers, even when little or nothing has changed. And, if the carriers think that this is affordable, consumers are in trouble. I have the opinion that Canada has some of the worst wireless rates and plan prices in the world.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

The True North thing is a little marketing. Mostly it was just lofty-sounding and utterly meaningless political promises.

No "average Canadian family" pays at least $4000 per year for cellular subscription. (Since the promise is that such an average family will save at least $1000 per year after 25% price reduction.)

And if they do pay that much ($85 per person per month?) then either they can afford it or they need a different kind of help than a toothless government mandate will provide.

Highlighted

@Korth wrote:

No "average Canadian family" pays at least $4000 per year for cellular subscription. (Since the promise is that such an average family will save at least $1000 per year after 25% price reduction.)

$82.33 per month for each person x 4 people?  LOL. That sounds more like a goal by the carriers than what people are willing to or do spend.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wish public mobile will also adopt the unlimited data (at reduced speeds) policy. Many services seem to have it now, even cheaper mobile companies too. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Awu1 wrote:

Wish public mobile will also adopt the unlimited data (at reduced speeds) policy. Many services seem to have it now, even cheaper mobile companies too. 

Most companies have unlimited data but there isn't really a company chaeaper than Public Mobile. Public is compareable to Chatr and Lucky and both of them have unlimited data. Others have unlimtied data too and usually costs more but  some plans include more data and faster data.

Need Help? Let's chat.