cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Are you outgrowing your plan? An offer from our friends at TELUS.

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

To avoid any confusion perhaps you can indicate where i missed an "s" (ess)?

@darlicious 

Your work of sarcastic art. In forum-speak, adding a /s at the end of a piece of sarcasm helps to clarify that it was in fact sarcasm. The slash comes from html code (I think) to in effect close a piece of code and the s is short for sarcasm.

Click the html button up top and you can see how an html piece of code is opened with a code and /-closed with the matching code. If you wanted to get all literal you could type < then / then s then > but web text box editors usually don't like that.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

And you know what....this announcement is not on the French forum...doesn’t exist! 😉 

No need to argue on anything there!

That's a pretty big "ooops" by Public Mobile. Then again, in Quebec where most people speak French, the offer for this $75 plan would be laughed at. The $75 plan offer is still being laughed at even in locations where plans are generally worse due to lack of serious regional competition.

I also find it strange that Public Mobile customers are being targetted to go straight to Telus Mobility instead of Koodo Mobile.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T wrote:

Important thing to note:

• Please note that the customer’s Public Mobile account balance will not transfer after porting out to TELUS.

I read this kind of like this... "As a special thank-you to our valued Public Mobile customers who maintain a balance in their account to ensure they never have a plan renewal failure due to an occasional bug in our billing system, we will throw away those funds as part of this special offer. Sounding like a good deal? We’re for you, which is why we’d love to see you grow a relationship with our friends at TELUS. "

👀

Highlighted

@Nezgar wrote:

@Catherine_T wrote:

Important thing to note:

• Please note that the customer’s Public Mobile account balance will not transfer after porting out to TELUS.

I read this kind of like this... "As a special thank-you to our valued Public Mobile customers who maintain a balance in their account to ensure they never have a plan renewal failure due to an occasional bug in our billing system, we will throw away those funds as part of this special offer. Sounding like a good deal? We’re for you, which is why we’d love to see you grow a relationship with our friends at TELUS. "

👀

Lol. Good one....

Public Mobile:  I believe it will suffice to say that your customers are not impressed.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

images.jpeg

Highlighted

@Jb456 wrote:

images.jpeg

Less service/usage for the same price as competitors (no longer less for less)

More service, more gigabtyes, more expensive (Telus)

Public can do better than this, such as they did in the past.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Sorry, but this offer benefits Telus than it does more the customer - unless the customer is  shareholder. 

I resemble this remark! (NOT). I am a shareholder but am more than happy with my $15 plan.

Really I think people are too worked up about this. Certainly they didn't expect everyone to jump off the gravy train here so they could announce that PM would cease operations at midnight on Dec 31 cutting us out west off at 9 PM unable to Safely wish everyone a Happy New Year electronically.

There are PM customers who have had it with only 8.5Gb and who think 3G like speeds are from the 70’s and who think that not having unlimited data is barbaric. The big guys HAVE slowly become more competitive to the point where a few around here may be able to justify “moving on up”.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

It was sarcastic?

a/s

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

It was sarcastic?

a/s

It was a masterpiece. So you got me now. What's a/s?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux 

Aha there's my mystery man! I can finally start gathering stats on you so it won't mess with my unofficial bravo leaderboard rankings. Come December I'll be able to unofficially rank you. Bonjour,  comment ça va? Ravi de vous rencontrer.

Need Help? Let's chat.