cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Alert Ready Tests Today

Got the message just fine on OnePlus 5t. I seem to have gotten the message a lot sooner than some of my classmatesScreenshot_20181128-215102.jpg

@jeffrey1 wrote:

I did not get the alert. My phone did not go off nor did I get a message. I did get the message when I was with my Koodo during the last test. I have a OnePlus 3t (same phone as for the last test) can you please tell me why i did not get the alert?

Check your settings. You can't opt out of the alerts but there are settings on OxygenOS to block the alerts from showing and you can specify which you want alerts you want to see from amber alerts, extreme threats, and severe threats.

Mayor / Maire

@Effort wrote:
@jeffrey1 wrote:

I did not get the alert. My phone did not go off nor did I get a message. I did get the message when I was with my Koodo during the last test. I have a OnePlus 3t (same phone as for the last test) can you please tell me why i did not get the alert?

Check your settings. You can't opt out of the alerts but there are settings on OxygenOS to block the alerts from showing and you can specify which you want alerts you want to see from amber alerts, extreme threats, and severe threats.

My experiences are that changing these types of settings have no effect on what happens.   Even alert types that you disable still come through. I'm not speaking specifically of the One Plus devices, but on other Android devices that I've used.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Never received the first one  although it did squeal on the supposed disabled OnStar utility embedded on the stereo sys'  in my '08 Saturn.   Go figure !!

Today nothing again on my Alcatel OneTouch  Smiley Happy     But nowhere near my vehicle, so don't know if it connected again.  LOL

Alerting us the day off, not much warning and thats if we check the message board in the appropiate time period. I did not get such a text.

Received text and alert while sitting in the car dealership in Ottawa on my Samsung A5 2017 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not receive the alert in Québec. Iphone se! Did someone from Québec received it on an Iphone? Thank you!

Received the alert on my Huawei P20 Pro (Global Version).  Instead of Emergency Alert, it used the title "Presidential Alert".  Urgh.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have an iPhone 6s, and no alert :/

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not get the alert. Samsung Note 4. Friend received alert, Samsung galaxy 7. Both use PM.

I guess I die. Good job gov.