cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Alert Ready Test on May 8, 2019

I went to alertready.ca to see if my phone is compatible. I click the link, then the link for my carriers which takes me to PM alertready page. PM tells me to go back to alertready to check phone compatibility. #chicken or #egg

Public Mobile

Thanks for calling this out Scott! You can see a list of compatible phones on our sister brand's website:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/alert-ready-wireless-public-alerting-wpa#compatible_lte_...

Thanks for the link. My Moto X Play is on the list of compatible phones but I didn't get the alert.

What I found surprising was my S4, former Koodo phone without a sim card, got the alert and it's supposedly not compatible.

Now I see the possible problem, my phone was on G3. I don't remember switching from LTE but I guess that doesn't matter. It's back on LTE.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was going to add that my Moto X Play got it but it looks as though you have solved it now.    Terry

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yea we definitely didn't need the test  in Ontario, they have had 2 in 2 days.   Again at 5am I am woken by an alert not related at all to my area... 10 hours away.  The person never left sunbury and yet they broadcast in province wide.... Ridiculous abuse of the system that is going to make people work around it... has anyone tried blocking the number yet ?

They need to change the system to only send to devices connected to towers in a defined area.... I am tired of be woken by by unnecessary alerts and worse the annoyance is going to make people find ways to avoid the nuisance and miss the aĺert of a real emergency.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I got the alert this morning @ 5am... yay.

I won't complain about getting it, or the need for the Amber alert system... but that tone is aweful.

Freaks people out, freaks out seniors even worse. They don't need such an aweful noise for an Amber alert as the truth is that an Amber alert is not about a Nuclear bomb falling on us, it's about a potential dangerous situation for a child (which is critacally important.... but does not imact everyone in the same way).

So - just change the alert tone man....

My date is not active for three day even though I paid. It is cousing me a big problem regarsing my work. This is such a ceazy way to get help with issues like this. I need my date fixed asp

@Klane wrote:

Yea we definitely didn't need the test  in Ontario, they have had 2 in 2 days.   Again at 5am I am woken by an alert not related at all to my area... 10 hours away.  The person never left sunbury and yet they broadcast in province wide.... Ridiculous abuse of the system that is going to make people work around it... has anyone tried blocking the number yet ?

They need to change the system to only send to devices connected to towers in a defined area.... I am tired of be woken by by unnecessary alerts and worse the annoyance is going to make people find ways to avoid the nuisance and miss the aĺert of a real emergency.

The child and mother did leave Sudbury and were in Toronto when they were found.

Get the story right, before you complain about it incorrectly.  Force your device to 3G connection, and live without the LTE so this doesn't 'wake you up' anymore.

By the way, I get up at 5, it was just a different alarm for me today.