cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alert Ready Test on May 5, 2021

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 : A31 on A10 (just downloaded A11). I have a setting "Use mobile data during calls". I'm sure it's because I have dual-sim. Indeed my S7 on A8 does not have that option. That SIM is in suspension and in airplane mode. I turned off airplane mode and no alert.

But nor was I using my phone when I got the alert.

I'm not sure why someone would want to turn data off during a phone call, but the point remains that whenever a Public Mobile customer is in a call, the LTE network cannot be connected to.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 : So I updated to A11. Cruising through all the settings and I stumble across (and I now remember seeing it before) Settings/Notifications/Advanced settings/Wireless emergency alerts. Seems I could turn off alerts. I chose to leave them all on. Civic duty and all that.

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 : So I updated to A11. Cruising through all the settings and I stumble across (and I now remember seeing it before) Settings/Notifications/Advanced settings/Wireless emergency alerts. Seems I could turn off alerts. I chose to leave them all on. Civic duty and all that.

Most Android phones that I've seen have this setting. This setting will do nothing to block the alerts.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Anyone else in the country just get an unscheduled emergency test?

Screenshot_20210512-121632_Messages.jpg

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Yup. And the spouse on Telus.

Edit: What's puzzling is that the alert did not stay in the texting app where the other one still is. And I only got one on my dual-sim phone with two active accounts. So something's odd. I don't know if hackers can do these things.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

It was on tv too...I would say its legit.

Need Help? Let's chat.