cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

@fatfrog wrote:

just went through the online process and transfered my number from telus and picked the $35 1GB +500MB plan

i don't see any notice of the $10 deduction in my account as a credit or reward or ??

i am setup on autopay for jan 30 2019

when will the system apply the $10 credit which would apply to month #2 which i will pay for on jan-30

thanks

Hi @fatfrog, under the Offer Details it says...

"On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. First credit will be applied by January 31 2019. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion."

Hope this helps,

Pizzaeh

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LOL.. just left Rogers

I currently have made my own plan which is 30+/month. Say I changed it to a ready-made 30+ plan next month, would this credit still apply? Or do I have to be on the same plan for 6 months?

Mayor / Maire

@paigerandom wrote:

I currently have made my own plan which is 30+/month. Say I changed it to a ready-made 30+ plan next month, would this credit still apply? Or do I have to be on the same plan for 6 months?

@paigerandom

As stated in the official announcement, first post on page one of this thread: This is for new activations only.

If you don't care about your existing number you can certainly get a new SIM from one of the retailers that stock them and activate a new account online, at home (this is a must!) before tomorrow, January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET.

You cannot directly port a number from one Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account. (However, you could port out to a different provider and back in (all ports have to happen from an active account in good standing), you'd have to do the math and see if it's worth it for you.)

Edit: If you have activated an account with this promotion (this is not entirely clear in your post, hence the initial part of my reply) it looks like you can change your plan and still receive the bonus as long as your new plan is still $30 or more. (remember to do a future dated plan change since you would be forfeiting any remaining services without refund if you do an immediate plan change!)

Hi, I'd like to take advantage of this deal for my son, but I don't have a sim card. Is there any way to get one before the deal expires? Walmart is closed tomorrow...

Check the original post (the very first one) in this thread where it says

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.

Click the Link to get a list of other retailers. There are a few other locations which may be open, you should check out the ones in malls which are open tomorrow, chances are the kiosks selling PM sims will be open too.. Good Luck!

(If it helps, I got mine at the Wow mobile boutique in Dufferin mall.)

Thank you for the tip! Yes, I just activated a plan today(total newbie). 

Mayor / Maire

@edalgaard wrote:

Hi, I'd like to take advantage of this deal for my son, but I don't have a sim card. Is there any way to get one before the deal expires? Walmart is closed tomorrow...

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores.

I wouldn't know if any will be open NYD.

Edit: not relevant to this thread. Thanks wetcoaster.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@edalgaard wrote:

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores.

I wouldn't know if any will be open NYD.

While they can... Just to clarify that, to be eligible for this particular promo (which can be combined with the $25/$25 referral promo which also runs out tomorrow at 11:59pm ET), the activation has to be made online, at home.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Am I supposed to see this discount applied anywhere? I just signed up (within the hour) but no where am I able to see the discount option. I have 3 more accounts to set up and want to make sure I am not missing something. Please advise. Much appreciated.