Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

syphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@smp99Any plan $30/month or over...

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yep. Thanks @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 wrote:

Another clarification needed

is it any plan over $30 

or

is it any plan $30 and over?

Does a plan that is $30 qualify??

@Mary_M @Brooke_C 

Review OP "How to get this offer" line 3.

smp99

Another clarification needed

is it any plan over $30 

or

is it any plan $30 and over?

Does a plan that is $30 qualify??

@Mary_M @Brooke_C 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Dunkman, the credit is only applicable for the 30$ plans and over - so as soon as the plan is downgraded, the credit will no longer be applied onto the account 

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Mary_M

Hi Mary,

Another quick question.  Some people were asking whether if a customer signs up for $30 plan for first month, then lowers the plan to ie. $25 plan, would the customer continue to receive the $10 per month credit for the remaining five months?  

Thanks.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

yes, that is right 🙂 @syphone. It's physically impossible to request a port in from another PM account - you'll get an error message. If I try on my end, I will also get an error message telling me the request is not possible.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

syphone

Found this:

"Moderator_Team Moderator ‎12-19-2017 09:33 AM Friend Ignore
Re: Porting from Public Mobile to Public Mobile
Hey ***,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I can definitely assist you with your requests.

Public Mobile phone numbers are not interchangeable or portable between accounts. The same goes for Public Mobile plans.

Thank you for your understanding.

I hope I was able to clarify your doubts in regards to your accounts. Let us know if you need anything else and have a great day!"

syphone

Is that right? This person in the forum said he was successful porting from PM to PM.

Anyways, port out to other pre-paid carrier and then port back to PM, if needed then.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@syphone porting in between Public Mobile accounts is not possible - this is something that is not offered.

Thank you,

Mary

syphone

Someone commented in the forum that PM to PM porting is possible.

syphone

'Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.'

Buy another SIM card, activate it. You will need to use a different email address.

Someone said you can use email alias. One email per account.

Make sure you get a referal credit by entering your existing phone number.

A safe way is to port your existing phone number to other prepaid service and then port back to the new account, if PM doesn't allow you to port within.

gphilip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_AgentI just missed this promotion. I activated my account during Black Friday. I was wondering if it is possible to buy another SIM card from PM and activate it by porting the same number I currently have activated on my PM SIM? If so, do I get a pro-rated credit for the portion of my current service that I would not be using?

carr1eg

They are not giving $60 out at once because they want people to stay with them for the long term, which is what I am hoping to do. I just don't need data (got another phone). If officially PM can clarify whether or not change to a lesser plan after 2nd month would exclude me from monthly $10 credit, that would be great!!

@CS_Agent

syphone

If you are activating a new account, then why not?

@Vasil wrote:

Hi 

I had a PM account two years ago, but I want to switch from koodo to PM now, am I able to profit this offer?

Thanks.

If you are activating a new account, then why not?

syphone

Someone may need to try out.

But it says 'Only available  on plans of $30/mo. or more.' So I suspect that if you change your plan, then you get only for the months you had $30 or more plan. And no longer quilifies thereafter. May be that is why they are not giving away $60 at once...

carr1eg

How does one find out for sure whether or not the $10 credit is still gonna be there after changing plan? 

@carr1eg, reading the original post again, and the information contained in the spoiler, the only way you wouldn't get the $10 for each of 6 months is if you go suspended or expired during the six months.

It says nothing about changing the plan.  But that doesn't mean they wouldn't take the $10 away.

carr1eg

It doesn't explicitly say on the terms and condition that I have to keep the $30 rate plan though.  It only requires that I "activate" a $30 plan and not fall into suspend/inactive. Can someone from PM verify this?

syphone

I would say no. Just do your math and find perfect time to change your plan for your benefit. $10 for 6 month.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@carr1eg wrote:

If I decide to change the plan to $25 on the 2nd month, do I still get the $10 credit for the following months?

I would say no because you changed your plan and does not meet the requirement of minmum $30 requirement to get the $10 credit per 30 days cycle.

carr1eg

If I decide to change the plan to $25 on the 2nd month, do I still get the $10 credit for the following months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Promos.. promos... promos .. data add-ons and data plans are nice but with so much free WIFI just about everywhere one is never stranded from downloading their emails , shopping, googling etc. However, in my opinion, have never seen a text add on that would be nice when texting non iMessage phones. Could that be because no-one has ever requested this?

I agree about the wifi everywhere.

A text add-on has been wondered about several times.

Your iphone should be able to text to anyone on any device (you know what I mean). Do you have the SMS feature set to on?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Promos.. promos... promos .. data add-ons and data plans are nice but with so much free WIFI just about everywhere one is never stranded from downloading their emails , shopping, googling etc. However, in my opinion, have never seen a text add on that would be nice when texting non iMessage phones. Could that be because no-one has ever requested this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13:

Always up for a good rant. 🙂

I agree. Which is why I say as much to people that post in some old solved thread saying "did you read this thread you found?".

I'll admit I didn't do all the research before I got here though. I saw rates about half of what I was paying and jumped. Then the promos. Then the minute details of clarification. And I'm still learning re: call forwarding to the US.

It happens.

People mostly just want the quick answer. Searching is a pain to find just the right words and then time consuming to find just the right post that explains something in a way that makes sense to you.

I am absolutely amazed at the number of posts where people are jumping in and haven't read any of the instructions or much research at all.  I can totally see how online and phone scammers can get so much money out of people.

People we need to read and understand what we are getting into and the step to earn said promotions.  Yes the retailers will lie to you and say that they can offer you the same promo but they can't, they are only worried about themselves getting a commission and as they don't provide customer service for PM their answer to you will be "You need to talk with PM over through an online system sorry we can't help you"  

PM is a great service has been very reliable for me and has saved me A LOT of money.  I had to do research before switching over as it seemed to one of those to goo to be true offers.  Just wish more people would do research to make sure PM was the right service for them and read how the promos work and how to obtain them.

Sorry for the rant.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Carld123

@flel35

Good to hear when expectations are met..PM is great for many people..you will find this community very useful..

flel35

I see my $25 credit this morning. less than 24hrs after activating the account. So far all works well and as adervertised. I may just switch another family member to use my current PM number for a $25 referral and generate another $25 referral on the new account!

Carld123

@vandhana

If you are referring to the 10$ credits..the first one will be dec 3..then monthly after that..

vandhana

I activated yesterday. But my billing amount for the cycle doesn't reflect this credit. Can you clarify?

Need Help? Let's chat.