Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

baskavin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been getting a page that says genetic error, and now it says I have to wait 50 minutes because my SIM card number is reserved under another session. Can somebody help me out with this???

@problems wrote:

Any chance you guys can extend this promo? Your activation web page keeps giving generic error when signing up. i have no idea how long the web page will be broken for

Not to worry, as long as you have initiate the process you will receive the promo.

problems

Any chance you guys can extend this promo? Your activation web page keeps giving generic error when signing up. i have no idea how long the web page will be broken for

@baskavin wrote:

I'm planning on getting a number from Public mobile, and then porting in my current number. By doing so, will that get rid of the $10 discount?

As @Carld123 mentioned as long as you sign up on time. It will not get rid of the discount and  I recommend, as you said, getting the new number first, make sure everything is working properly, then port your previous number.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@baskavin

No..youll be fine....

baskavin

Im planning on referring my sister with the new public mobile number today I got under this promo and then porting in my current number after a few days. Does changing my number affect the referral credits?

Carld123

@baskavin

As long as you sign up ontime..Online..porting wont affect the offer..

baskavin

I'm planning on getting a number from Public mobile, and then porting in my current number. By doing so, will that get rid of the $10 discount?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bohansen wrote:

Hello

I am a new customer (within the last 2 hours) and went to Walmart to get a card for the 30 day plan. They offered to set me up in store but now I realize I don't get the 10 dollar a month promotion for the first 6 months. Really bumbed as that is why I signed up.

Is there any way to correct this @CS_Agent ? @Brooke_C

Bl@@dy he11 Walmart strikes again. Lying scumbags.

bohansen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok thank you. Thought I would ask. Cheers

Carld123

@bohansen

It clearly says you must activate online...not much else can be said..

bohansen

Hello

I am a new customer (within the last 2 hours) and went to Walmart to get a card for the 30 day plan. They offered to set me up in store but now I realize I don't get the 10 dollar a month promotion for the first 6 months. Really bumbed as that is why I signed up.

Is there any way to correct this @CS_Agent ? @Brooke_C

Carld123

@peacockpresley

First 10$...dec 3rd

peacockpresley

I am wondering...I juust signed up for a $45/month , no $10 was applied as a credit. will it show up next payment?

Carld123

@Hongch

Dec 3rd for the first 10$....then monthly for the rest..

Hongch

I activated my  sim today. When will I receive the first $10?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One hundred and ten Canadian dollars taken out of this guys (and referrers) pocket.

Dang this Walmart thing is being more and more of a p1$$ off.

Many won't sell SIM's. Activating in-store when they know darn well that a promo is online. Not "participating" with the in-store promos when they happen.

Dang it!

Edit: Ok He'll get the $10 regular referral reward and the referrer would get the $1/30 days anyway. But still!

@bpfc wrote:

I have to discuss this PM first and then talk to Walmart.

@ Public Mobile, please contact me.

You need to contact them

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@syphone wrote:

@bpfcAsk them to reimburse you or give you a credit or something for their screw up.

Who is going to do the reimbursement? How did they know about the $25 referral promo someone must have read it here.  It sucks that the cell rep at Walmart didn't have the correct info but as a customer we really need to know what we are going in for and making sure we purchase what we want.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bpfc

I have to discuss this PM first and then talk to Walmart.

@ Public Mobile, please contact me.

syphone

@bpfcAsk them to reimburse you or give you a credit or something for their screw up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bpfc wrote:

I went to Walmart. The salesprtson ofer to activate it there. I asked if my refferal and I will get the advisertized amounts (6x$10 +$25 for my refferal and $25 for me). I agreed and she regersterd it online, saying that this is online too. At the end she said we will not qualify and that she is sorry!?

Completely mis-informed. Sucks.

bpfc

I went to Walmart. The salesprtson ofer to activate it there. I asked if my refferal and I will get the advisertized amounts (6x$10 +$25 for my refferal and $25 for me). I agreed and she regersterd it online, saying that this is online too. At the end she said we will not qualify and that she is sorry!?

@bpfc

If you activated at home, online, you would qualify for both promotions.  The credit usually applied within 72 hours.  

If you activated in store with vendor, you would not qualify for this promo.  Where did you activate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bpfc wrote:

Could you please advise why I do not qualify or this offer, as well as "Until December 16 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile" offer? I was told about this by the sales person that sold the card or my referal.

Believe what you read here at the source. Not some random salesperson.

A new customer can make use of this offer in this thread. If that new customer has a referral  from another current active Public Mobile customer (referrer) then both parties will get the $25 credit of the other promo going on until the 16th. And the referrer will also get the $1/30 days reward. The new customer must do all of this online. Not in store.

And no need to double post.

bpfc

@bpfc wrote:

Could you please advise why I do not qualify or this offer, as well as "Until December 16 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile" offer? I was told about this by the sales person that sold the card to my referal.

bpfc

Could you please advise why I do not qualify or this offer, as well as "Until December 16 - Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile" offer? I was told about this by the sales person that sold the card or my referal.

@Farzad wrote:

@kravnos

Check public mobile return policy. You might be able to return your newly purchased plan and activate in again in the specified period and be able to benefit from the promotion.

@Farzad

This is wrong / misleading information.

Public Mobile is a prepaid provider. There are no returns / credit on unused portions of your plan like you would find with a post paid service.

The only way to profit from a promo that is for new sign-ups only, is opening a new account.

If you want to port your number from a Public Mobile account to a Public Mobile account you will need to port from Public Mobile to a different provider of your choice and then to your new Public Mobile account. You will loose any available funds and unused portions of your first account when doing so.

@baskavin wrote:

I'm planning on moving a line from virgin to get the $30 plan with this $10 discount. I saw that I could also get the $25 referral credit. My question is that if for some reason I find that I don't like public mobile's service after a week a so, would I be paying $3($30-$25credit-$10 discount- $2Autopay+ $10 sim card) for the month? Or does the $25 and $10 discount only apply for the second month? And does public mobile have return options like other providers where under a certain amount of talk time you could return the line?

@baskavin you would be paying $10 + ($30+ plan) + applicable taxes when you sign up for your first month.  The $25 credit will be in your account within 3 days, the $10 credit gets too your accound Dec 3 and the autopay will be on your next renewal (you would actually get $4 on first renewal).  There is no refund  or prorating policy as this is a prepaid service.

baskavin

I'm planning on moving a line from virgin to get the $30 plan with this $10 discount. I saw that I could also get the $25 referral credit. My question is that if for some reason I find that I don't like public mobile's service after a week a so, would I be paying $3($30-$25credit-$10 discount- $2Autopay+ $10 sim card) for the month? Or does the $25 and $10 discount only apply for the second month? And does public mobile have return options like other providers where under a certain amount of talk time you could return the line?

Need Help? Let's chat.