Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

sweetcute123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated new sim
Ported my number from Rogers (Robbers)
Awesome, perfectly work fine...I already got 25 cad referral credit

Farzad

@kravnos

Check public mobile return policy. You might be able to return your newly purchased plan and activate in again in the specified period and be able to benefit from the promotion.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's awesome. Just got my mom to switch.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jeffvw123

Sales do end....and you still have time to find a sim from a retailer and sign up...

jeffvw123

That's ridiculous...

Carld123

@jeffvw123

You wont be eligible for that promo..

jeffvw123

@CS_Agent I've ordered my sim, however it will take a few days to arrive (past Dec. 2). Will I still be eligable for this promo?  

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slash407 wrote:

I clicked on REPLY, i dunno what to tell u, on forums u generally click reply and the quote registers.....also I wasn't referring to the online promo only

Do you review afterwards what you wrote?

Yeah I agree about reply. But this forum doesn't do that. All the reply button lets you do is being able click the Quote button to copy the text of the message you're replying to. Otherwise it's basically just a post.

You can use @slash407 or just slash407 or also of course manual copy/paste.I just use Quote because it's easy.

Not knowing who you replied to makes your referring to something else unknown. So there you go...that's the effect.

syphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous  Ooops... my bad. I read your post "First of all...who are you replying to with all your posts here and other threads?" and replied too quickly. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@syphone wrote:

@Anonymous

You are replying to Topic.

???

syphone

@Anonymous

You are replying to Topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slash407 wrote:

its very easy, u just log in and verify your rogers details, on PM site and boom it ports. You can get the clerk at the store to do it for u too. But i prefer doing things on my own, way faster

First of all...who are you replying to with all your posts here and other threads?

2. This promo is actually good until the 2nd.

c. this promo is online only

Carld123

@baskavin

30 and up qualifies..no xtra charge for porting..

baskavin

I'm just wondering if I would need to get the $35 plan since it says $30+ or does the $30 plan also qualify for the $10 discount? Also, I wanted to activate with a new number first and then port in my current number. So does doing that affect the $10 credit in any way? And when I port in my current number a day or two later is there going to be a charge?

Rasha2018

I tried the lost, found phone and it worked. Thanks a lot!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mlai08 wrote:

I just activated a $35 plan. Please advise when the $10 credit will be added to my account. Also, how long do I have to wait for the activated SIM to work.

Thanks

its all detailed in teh first post:

The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

Carld123

@mlai08

If you didnt port a number usually within a few minutes...10$ on dec 3rd then monthly after that for the bonuses...as long as you activated online

mlai08

I just activated a $35 plan. Please advise when the $10 credit will be added to my account. Also, how long do I have to wait for the activated SIM to work.

Thanks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rasha2018  best to usually start your own thread, but try the teh lost stolen trick or $1 trick https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

if those dont work you will need to contact the mods.

Rasha2018

Hi,

I scheduled to change my plan to the $30+/mo ansd for somwe reasons I have my mobile services suspended although the money was taken off from my account. Could you please help me to fix this issue?? It is so frostrating not to have a number to call and have issue resolved only by posting into the cumminity! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@George3 wrote:

Is the promtion still going, because it showed till December 2nd, but it's off the website now. 

Review the OP in the first sentence after the salutation.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi George3,

Just know that to this day the special offer "plan online and get $10 off for 6 months", is still going on.

Sincerely,

Carld123

@George3

Promotion is still available until the 2nd..

George3

Is the promtion still going, because it showed till December 2nd, but it's off the website now. 

@kizunaXD wrote:

How do I know whether I will get the $10 off?

I got my $30 plan activated today at Walmart, and my balance due is $28 with the autopay credit. Shouldn't the balance be $18 with the $10 off?

The $10 credit is only available if you activated online at home and not in a retail location so you will not get the $10 off.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Jjpseismic wrote:

Just to clarify and sorry I’m new and have been with Telus for 15 years. I have started a $30. plan yesterday I should be receiving the $10. credit? I also reffered a friend but they didn’t put my number on when she activated her number so I lose out on that credit? But she also activated a $30. plan yesterday so I presume she should she the credit also? Do we need to do anything to get into these deals or do they happen automatic? And thanks for having me to the community lol

@Jjpseismic

@

The key question is: did you open the account on-line at home?

You are not eligible for this promo if the activation happened in store.

Referral: the referrer's number must be put-in at sign-up. The one time bonus(es) are applied to the account within 72 hours, the reoccurring $1 off for the referrer will be applied at renewal.

Jjpseismic

Just to clarify and sorry I’m new and have been with Telus for 15 years. I have started a $30. plan yesterday I should be receiving the $10. credit? I also reffered a friend but they didn’t put my number on when she activated her number so I lose out on that credit? But she also activated a $30. plan yesterday so I presume she should she the credit also? Do we need to do anything to get into these deals or do they happen automatic? And thanks for having me to the community lol

carr1eg

you have to activate online to get the deal. @kizunaXD

syphone

The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018@kizunaXD

kizunaXD

How do I know whether I will get the $10 off?

I got my $30 plan activated today at Walmart, and my balance due is $28 with the autopay credit. Shouldn't the balance be $18 with the $10 off?

Need Help? Let's chat.