cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Jared_K
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*This offer is online-only.

*If you're currently on the $10 off every 30 days for 6 months promo, as long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost.

Hey Community,

From December 15 to January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. Take advantage of this awesome deal which can also be stacked with our Refer a Friend offer!

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

146 REPLIES 146

@smf

There is no way to verify.  Public mobile is usually good at the credits.  If there are problems, you can always contact moderator later.  The friend referral credit is usually within 72 hours. 

As stated atove:

"On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days..... First credit will be applied by January 31 2019...."

smf

Hi,

I signed up and registered for this plan but how can I verify that I actually have this discount?  Is there a place that I can see that this will be applied to my account for the next 6 months?  I just want to make sure as today is the last day for this.

Thanks

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DCox44 wrote:

If I order a SIM online, do I get emailed the SIM number used to activate it? I'd like to take advantage of this deal but since it's NY Day, Walmart isn't open for me to go pick up a SIM

Unfortunately no, I don't believe Public Mobile emails the SIM#.  

DCox44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I order a SIM online, do I get emailed the SIM number used to activate it? I'd like to take advantage of this deal but since it's NY Day, Walmart isn't open for me to go pick up a SIM

CC2

Thanks! That helps. Also just noticed the 12 pages of posts, and that the most recent ones are at the end.  Now I know where to look for next time.

Pizzaeh

@CC2 wrote:

I just activated a $30 plan.  The promotion was not listed when I paid; will it be added automatically to my next bill, or do I need to do indicate somehow that I want to take advantage of this promotion?

The promotion is still listed on Public Mobile's website under plans.   If you've met the criteria you'll get the credit, see details below. 

From the offer details...

"On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days..... First credit will be applied by January 31 2019...."

Hope this helps, 

Pizzaeh

anwood

Hey there - I am in the same boat. Just signed up today. The feedback I have received from the PM community is that the promotion will appear at the end of the billing cycle (the 31st of Jan.) or some others have indicated it takes up to 3 days for credits to show up on your account. So I am waiting just like you to see if the promotion will be put on my account. The feedback from the other members seems positive. Fingers crossed.

CC2

I just activated a $30 plan.  The promotion was not listed when I paid; will it be added automatically to my next bill, or do I need to do indicate somehow that I want to take advantage of this promotion?

fatfrog

saw that but i guess i expected the credit to be displayed on the account somewhere

anyways thanks for the response, all good

anwood

Thanks for the clarification and the support - because I'm new to this, I was unaware that the credit just "shows up" at the end of the billing cycle. I kind of was looking for the info. to be put on the account somewhere. I guess I will just wait for the month to end and keep my fingers crossed in the mean time that the credit will be applied. Have a good day.

edalgaard

Thanks. I checked and all Walmarts are closed here in Montreal. I've also seen some posts saying that Walmart may not sell SIMs without activation. I guess I will wait and see whether the promotion is extended, and otherwise wait for the next one.

@edalgaard

There might be a chance that PM will extend promotion, but you won't know until tomorrow.  However, this promo has been going on for the last while.  Public mobile has been fairly aggressive with their promotions recently, so hopefully, another promo will be coming soon.  

Walmart is open in some areas of Canada today, not sure about Quebec.  Most vendors are probably closed today though.  

edalgaard

Unfortunately all malls are closed today, and London drugs doesn't exist in Quebec. Frustrating, but I will be unable to get a SIM in time to activate. I guess there is no chance that public mobile would extend the promotion 1 day so it ends on a day when people could actually take advantage of it?

edalgaard

Thanks, I'll look for open malls then! Not sure if there are any in Montreal but it's worth a try.

Pizzaeh

From the offer details:

"On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7........First credit will be applied by January 31 2019. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion."

*Referral credits usually show up within 24-72 hrs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anwood wrote:

Am I supposed to see this discount applied anywhere? I just signed up (within the hour) but no where am I able to see the discount option. I have 3 more accounts to set up and want to make sure I am not missing something. Please advise. Much appreciated. 

Activate online yourself. $30 or more plan. Within 30 days and before your next renewal is the timeframe of seeing this credit in your Available Funds.

Be sure to do the referrals too as you and the new account get $25 each. Then the referer will still see $1/30 days reward.

All of this online. Not in-store.

paigerandom

There is no discount that would show when you activate ( I activated yesterday). The terms do say that the first $10 discount would be applied as credit  within the first 30 days of activation. You can use the credit for subsequent payments. 

There are many posts in this thread explaining the discount including the original one. Hope this helps.

Edit : From the original post -

• The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.

anwood

Am I supposed to see this discount applied anywhere? I just signed up (within the hour) but no where am I able to see the discount option. I have 3 more accounts to set up and want to make sure I am not missing something. Please advise. Much appreciated. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@edalgaard wrote:

Hi, I'd like to take advantage of this deal for my son, but I don't have a sim card. Is there any way to get one before the deal expires? Walmart is closed tomorrow...

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores.

I wouldn't know if any will be open NYD.

While they can... Just to clarify that, to be eligible for this particular promo (which can be combined with the $25/$25 referral promo which also runs out tomorrow at 11:59pm ET), the activation has to be made online, at home.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edalgaard wrote:

Hi, I'd like to take advantage of this deal for my son, but I don't have a sim card. Is there any way to get one before the deal expires? Walmart is closed tomorrow...

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores.

I wouldn't know if any will be open NYD.

Edit: not relevant to this thread. Thanks wetcoaster.

paigerandom

Thank you for the tip! Yes, I just activated a plan today(total newbie). 

paigerandom

Check the original post (the very first one) in this thread where it says

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.

Click the Link to get a list of other retailers. There are a few other locations which may be open, you should check out the ones in malls which are open tomorrow, chances are the kiosks selling PM sims will be open too.. Good Luck!

(If it helps, I got mine at the Wow mobile boutique in Dufferin mall.)

edalgaard

@paigerandom wrote:

I currently have made my own plan which is 30+/month. Say I changed it to a ready-made 30+ plan next month, would this credit still apply? Or do I have to be on the same plan for 6 months?

@paigerandom

As stated in the official announcement, first post on page one of this thread: This is for new activations only.

If you don't care about your existing number you can certainly get a new SIM from one of the retailers that stock them and activate a new account online, at home (this is a must!) before tomorrow, January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM ET.

You cannot directly port a number from one Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account. (However, you could port out to a different provider and back in (all ports have to happen from an active account in good standing), you'd have to do the math and see if it's worth it for you.)

Edit: If you have activated an account with this promotion (this is not entirely clear in your post, hence the initial part of my reply) it looks like you can change your plan and still receive the bonus as long as your new plan is still $30 or more. (remember to do a future dated plan change since you would be forfeiting any remaining services without refund if you do an immediate plan change!)

paigerandom

I currently have made my own plan which is 30+/month. Say I changed it to a ready-made 30+ plan next month, would this credit still apply? Or do I have to be on the same plan for 6 months?

paigerandom

LOL.. just left Rogers

Pizzaeh

@fatfrog wrote:

just went through the online process and transfered my number from telus and picked the $35 1GB +500MB plan

i don't see any notice of the $10 deduction in my account as a credit or reward or ??

i am setup on autopay for jan 30 2019

when will the system apply the $10 credit which would apply to month #2 which i will pay for on jan-30

thanks

Hi @fatfrog, under the Offer Details it says...

"On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. First credit will be applied by January 31 2019. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion."

Hope this helps,

Pizzaeh

fatfrog

just went through the online process and transfered my number from telus and picked the $35 1GB +500MB plan

i don't see any notice of the $10 deduction in my account as a credit or reward or ??

i am setup on autopay for jan 30 2019

when will the system apply the $10 credit which would apply to month #2 which i will pay for on jan-30

thanks!

MFBODD

That's very kind and that should work. I just need to confirm with family what times I can make it. I'll PM

Thank you for this

stewart1

You can buy a sim card at London drugs or walmart .

I bought mine at london drugs .

Need Help? Let's chat.