Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vasil

You will need a new one..they are deactivated after 90 days..also the offer expires soon so best to find a retailer and purchase one..then activate Online....

Vasil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I use my old public mobile SIM card instead of buyong a new one online? I was PM customer two years ago. Now just want to switch from Koodo to PM.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Vasil wrote:

Hi 

I had a PM account two years ago, but I want to switch from koodo to PM now, am I able to profit this offer?

Thanks.

Your old account would have been deleted after you switched to Koodo.  So, as far as PM is concerned, you are a new customer.  There should be no problem getting the offers.

Carld123

@Vasil

Well if you sign up for this promotion..and follow the procedures outlined to recieve the offers..youll get 10$ a month discount for 6 months..then if referred..25$ bonus..if activated online..then theres 2$ for autopay..so yes would be the answer...

Vasil

Hi 

I had a PM account two years ago, but I want to switch from koodo to PM now, am I able to profit this offer?

Thanks.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice...keep these great deals coming. PM is getting really competitive 🙂

syphone

It will ask a PM phone number of your referral while activating your SIM card online.

Send me a message if you want one.

syphone

I highly doubt it. But you can contact PM and ask for it.

Freshane

I just got my sim card from London drugs they almost didn't sell me one without a plan like Walmart. Just wondering how the referral works I don't want to miss out on the $25 by missing a step or doing it in the wrong order. And how many of these $25 referrals can you do? Thanks guys

syphone

1. Get a PM SIM card from a retailer. I got one from London Drugs.

2. Activate your SIM card. It is very easy. Just follow the step by step guide in the PM westsite. (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started)

3. I suggest not to port yet after activation. Put the SIM card in your phone and check its reception.

4. If you are satisfied, then you can port your existing number in 'Change Number'

5. Done. Porting was very fast.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The $25 referral credit should be within 72 hours.  The first $10 credit should be on Dec. 3 and then monthly after that (according to the announcement).

Carld123

@flel35

25$ referral within 72 hrs.. The first 10$ on dec 3..then monthly after that...you will see them in your account details..

flel35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported from Koodo (who would not match this $30 offer, even at only 4 gig) Smiley Tongue

whole process took less than 10 minutes and the port (after taking a new PM number) was active within 5 minutes. Worked great, no issues.

Who can tell me where and when I'll see the $10 monthly (6) and $25 referral credits?Smiley Very Happy

Much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ethavara

New Customers only!

@GlenC wrote:

Hi

I'm presently on the $10/month plan but want to upgrade to the $40/mt plan. As I'm upgrading will I still get the $10/mt off for 6 months?

thanks

Glen

@GlenC

This promo is for new activations only 

You could sign up for a new account with the according plan (don't forget the $25 referral promo if you are doing so).

If you want to keep your number you would have to port it to another provider and back in. Be aware that the existing account will be cancelled without refunds if you port out.

Carld123

@GlenC

This promo is for new customers only..not existing..

GlenC

Hi

I'm presently on the $10/month plan but want to upgrade to the $40/mt plan. As I'm upgrading will I still get the $10/mt off for 6 months?

thanks

Glen

@Ronak53 wrote:

I lost 75$ offer, that's not good. So disappointed. Even I asked the store guy befor activation and he said you will get, now what should I do? What if i again port it to different service and buy it again

@Carld123

@Ronak53

Since this is a prepaid carrier you will not get any refunds for any unused portions of your plan if you port out or make immediate plan changes.

Up to you to decide if you want to do the whole process again to save a couple of bucks.

Carld123

@Ronak53

Click on page one of this thread..all the details are there for this promo

Carld123

@Ronak53

Thats an option i guess..but you will lose the money youve paid...now your here you still have time to refer some friends..if this service is good for them of course..and pick up some referal bonuses....online of course..

Ronak53

Public mobile website update the details on offer today and offer is applicable from yesterday . So where should I get details information?

Ronak53

I lost 75$ offer, that's not good. So disappointed. Even I asked the store guy befor activation and he said you will get, now what should I do? What if i again port it to different service and buy it again

@Carld123

Carld123

@Ronak53

Sucks to lose out....and the 25$ bonus also requires online by you activation...so you got the instore referral of 10$..and your friend gets the dollar/month...best to read all the details closely so you can take advantage of the good offers

Ronak53

Ohh that's unfair, what does it matter and I more thing I only got 10$ for reference bounce not 25$. So sad lost money every where.

@Carld123

Anonymous
Not applicable

online.JPG

Carld123

@Ronak53

This promotion states that you buy the sim card then activate online yourself..

Ronak53

@Carld123

I have activated sim card in Walmart , will am I get this offer?

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm impressed with all the promotions PM has been doing. Good on them

Need Help? Let's chat.