cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan and get $10 off for 6 months

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

246 REPLIES 246

Onyxj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@bud21ca wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

I have to agree with @GreatCanadian on this one

Like I said earlier it is a free Country, agree with whoever you want to agree with. Doesn't change the fact that it strikes a nerve with alot of people who just activated only a day ago!

I may have just missed the deal by a couple of hours, but I’m not mad about it... I’m still saving money! And I’m happy about that 🙂 

Some companies will give a deal to customers who “just missed” it and then ask for it retroactively, but usually that is because the customer can “return for a refund” and then repurchase at the discounted price. I don’t think that applies here. Sometimes we just have to deal with the fact that we missed it. End of story 😉

bud21ca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smp99 wrote:

Like I said earlier it is a free Country, agree with whoever you want to agree with. Doesn't change the fact that it strikes a nerve with alot of people who just activated only a day ago!

@Onyxj wrote:

@jamesaaron wrote:

I activated my SIM card today and nobody offered this to me!

I want this amazing offer! 

Help!!!!

I would assume that because they are not advertising a PROMO CODE that it will automatically be credited to your account... Can a Mod verify this?

I don't think a mod is needed to confirm anything... the promo starts today, and they activated today, I think it's pretty clear 😉

If they don't get the $10 credit within 30 days, then contact the mods about it...

smp99

Onyxj

@jamesaaron wrote:

?Sounds great. I did pay full price for the my account to be activated. Does that mean that starting next month I get $10 off? Or does it mean that next month they’re going to give me $20 off and then $10 for every other month

The initial post says:

"The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date."

Good luck!

Onyxj

@jamesaaron wrote:

Help!!!!

I would assume that because they are not advertising a PROMO CODE that it will automatically be credited to your account... Can a Mod verify this?

Onyxj

LOL

I just activated last night at 10:45  HAHAHA   🙂

jamesaaron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

?Sounds great. I did pay full price for the my account to be activated. Does that mean that starting next month I get $10 off? Or does it mean that next month they’re going to give me $20 off and then $10 for every other month

bud21ca

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@bud21ca wrote:

@Someone_here lots of providers give discounts retroactive. I have been with just about all of them and have gotten some form of retro discounts.

Then those providers must have treated you better than Public Mobile is treating you. Which begs the question, why are you with Public Mobile?

Because I have a little thing called freedom here in Canada .I never said PM was a bad company, so Simmer down!

GreatCanadian

Ok cool.

bud21ca

@GreatCanadian, I don't need to explain anything I said to, take it or leave it. You seem like your just looking to argue and Im not on here for that!

GreatCanadian

@bud21ca wrote:

@Someone_here lots of providers give discounts retroactive. I have been with just about all of them and have gotten some form of retro discounts.

Then those providers must have treated you better than Public Mobile is treating you. Which begs the question, why are you with Public Mobile?

GC

GreatCanadian

@bud21ca wrote:

@GreatCanadian, That is great, Im proud of you for feeling so loved by you cell provider. I never said everyone should get $60 off in the first place (maybe the ones that just activated). Good to know my little posting got your shorts in a knot. Hope it ruined your day! Good day to You Sir!

Then what did you mean by "Public mobile should treat current customers just as well"? Just as well to me would be "same" "equal". Which would mean to me to be an equivalent discount. So what did you mean?

GC

bud21ca

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@bud21ca wrote:

Public mobile should treat current customers just as well

They're treating me absolutely fine, and I'm in my second year with Public Mobile. New customers will be getting a $10 credit for 6 months. What are they supposed to do, give every current customer $60 off? It amazes me how people get their shorts in a knot when someone else catches a break. Good for them I say!!

GC

Agree... Who have ever seen a company giving a retroactive discount? I mean, this offer is an incentive for people to signup... If you already signed up, well, you didn't need the incentive and you already are a client...

Obviously they could say "we will also give the discount to those who suscribed yesterday", and that would be nice, but then, why yesterday and not the day before? Why the day before and not the week before? There would always be someone who would be unhappy about it...

bud21ca

@GreatCanadian, That is great, Im proud of you for feeling so loved by you cell provider. I never said everyone should get $60 off in the first place (maybe the ones that just activated). Good to know my little posting got your shorts in a knot. Hope it ruined your day! Good day to You Sir!

GreatCanadian

@bud21ca wrote:

Public mobile should treat current customers just as well

They're treating me absolutely fine, and I'm in my second year with Public Mobile. New customers will be getting a $10 credit for 6 months. What are they supposed to do, give every current customer $60 off? It amazes me how people get their shorts in a knot when someone else catches a break. Good for them I say!!

GC

@saje_ward wrote:

It doesn't look like it this time around. If you have a referral phone number from someone you will save an additional $10 so don't forget to put that in

@loves_tweet wrote:

Are there any cost savings (advantages) of activating at Walmart compared to doing it at home?

I have heard more than once that referral are not always applied at Walmart, even when clearly asked, so if you go there make sure you actuelle SEE with your own eyes the number of the referral being written on their screen, and maybe even take a picture as a proof you could send to the mods if you don't get your $10 referral credit...

pakmode

Yay, it's back. 

loves_tweet

Thanks!

Carld123

@Nazj wrote:

I activated 2 lines late in the evening last night. Is there any way I can have this promotion applied to the accounts?

@Nazj

Unfortunately promos are only within the stated timeframes...

Nazj

I activated 2 lines late in the evening last night. Is there any way I can have this promotion applied to the accounts?

saje_ward

It doesn't look like it this time around. If you have a referral phone number from someone you will save an additional $10 so don't forget to put that in

@loves_tweet wrote:

Are there any cost savings (advantages) of activating at Walmart compared to doing it at home?

loves_tweet

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jamesaaron wrote:

I purchased the sim card at Walmart and activated it at 10am online 

If your plan is $30 or more, you should be fine.

You should receive your first $10 credit within 30 days after activation.

@jamesaaron wrote:

Help!!!!

If you activated today and you are within the parameters of this deal, you will get the credits. 

jamesaaron

I purchased the sim card at Walmart and activated it at 10am online 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jamesaaron wrote:

Help!!!!

If you activate a $30 or higher value plan, you should be qualified.

Where did you acitvate your plan today?

jamesaaron

Help!!!!

hogujak

I activated 2 numbers last night... I could have saved $120...

Need Help? Let's chat.