cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the recent changes

The fact he even wrote a letter just says it all. To me it says "Hey, we know all of you are angry and that we must acknowledge you......but no we're not prepared to do anything about your concerns" Classic acknolwedge and ignore combo.

First you offer a great plan to only Freedom mobile customers. *Slap in face*

Second you offer 3G but throttled. *Punch in stomach"

Third you increase our rate insainly for LTE. *Kick in groin*

With the new changes in phone unlocking coming, I'm curious what the market will do when all providers must sell unlocked devices. 

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ohhhh!! I assume Dave is celebrating alone since none of PM customers are among of the happier or who are celebrating now. We're not satisfied.... the new changes does everything but repulsing new customer from joining PM. Now, there is absolutely nothing interesting that can attract new clients.... keep it uppp.... many will leave or turn back. Hope change will come for good and not for less. 

We really wanna be part of the celebrating..... 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Who the heck is Dave?
Luddite
Oracle

@CalvinW wrote:
Who the heck is Dave?

Sr. Mgr at Public Mobile; not sure of his official title

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Good find @canucks4life!
Looks like Dave is a long time Telus employee focused on branding and pricing. Seems like a very deliberate move to increase revenues and ARPU.
deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think people are forgetting that this is a reaction of Telus on the part of the CRTC consumer wireless code review where all phones must be sold unlocked by end of year (quite interesting this happens soon after the CRTC announcement eh?)

Think about how much money Telus would lose if more people started to buy phones outright & jumped over to Public Mobile at its basement prices. By raising the prices, it discourages people from jumping to a bargain basement pricing & use the increased rates new Public Mobile customers pay to essentially subsidize revenue lost on the Koodo & Telus end.

Dave's explanation doesn't actually explain anything really. They're essentially turning Public Mobile into Koodo without the call centre is all.
Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mtfolks wrote:
Huh. I think we need to be clear. The changes made would best be summarized as "less for more" seeing as how the rates have been jacked up, in most cases by a lot.

PM's prices are now in line with other providers that DO offer things like call centres, phone apps, kiosks, and stores for basically the same price.

You've basically killed any benefit to someone willing to give up those things in exchange for paying a lower price. Well done, folks.

Like most I will be keeping an eye on promos offered by other providers and switching out the four lines I brought over to you when it makes most sense to do so.

Can't express enough how disappointed I am in the lack of loyalty to its customers (who have also been your biggest supporters, recruiters, advertisers) that PM has shown through these changes.

well said,

Cant recommend public mobile anymore with the recent price increase.

Alissa

Thank you for sharing this. I am happy to be a part of the Public Mobile Network 🙂

Smcanada99

All that is great! But the prices for 4G plans are fairly close to a full service mobile brands like koodo and fido so how about world wide roaming and PM app and what do you say we cut the whole PM is less for less thing and get ride of the renewal challenges and technical issues with self managing accounts and get more resources like a call centre too!
I understand all the complaining about throttling LTE at lower prices may have caused the throttling to be abondaned along with economical pricing but now that the prices are relatively comparable I thought we get comparable service too for the new PM customers as they will not be paying far less than what they would pay at others with all that is mentioned.
Need Help? Let's chat.