Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
More_Chaos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the recent changes

@geologyking

Um...so here's what the website says the form is for: 

"Please use this form to notify the Competition Bureau if you believe that a company or an individual has contravened the Competition Act, the Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act, the Textile Labelling Act, or the Precious Metals Marking Act."

While I didn't actually go and look up those acts, I'm pretty sure PM is not in violation of those acts. PM certainly has not forced anyone to switch to those new plans, they merely gave everyone some new choices (not choices I would personally make, nor many of those who've made comments from what I gather).

So if you feel you've actually had your rights violated, definitely go file a complaint. If you just find that the situation sucks but haven't actually had anything wrongful imposed againse your will, I suggest you not clutter the government's already overflowing complaint bin with something that does not belong there.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I would agree with @More_Chaos, by you suggesting that we complain to the CB, basically everyone has the right to complain about rogers, bell and telus for their prices. We all know nothing is actually going to happen, because Rogers, Bell and Telus have just been increasing prices over the years. So it is not worth the time to send a complaint that will probably never even be read in the first place.

More_Chaos

@xCameron94x@geologyking

That's not exactly what I meant. Rogers, Bell, Telus (and whoever else) often have written into their contracts that your charges may change (usually increase) without warning (*angry fist*). PM has not exactly changed any charges to any of us personally (as far as I understand - if they have, complain your little hearts out), they've merely offered up some new plans that the majority of us find archaic and non-competitive. They have not forced us to buy into these new plans, nor have they charged us for them.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's one long paragraph of saying absolutely nothing. Typical PR stunt...
Acekiller

qutie well written, but doesn't help people disliking the rate increase.

geologyking

@xCameron94x If the Competition Bureau rejects the complaint as falling outside its mandate, all you've lost is 10 minutes of your time.  The more people that do make the complaint, overcomes some inertia at their level hopefully.

What seems to be happening right now is everyone here complains about the change, says it sucks and then threatens to leave if their grandfathered plans are affected in the future--we need to do more; we need to make our complaints loud and to whatever government agency may have jurisdiction.  There are reasons why Canadian consumers get screwed and one of those reasons is our ability to complain in a bubble.

By all means get in touch with your MP as well--you're right that the issue is bigger than just PM.  It sucks that PM used to not be part of the problem.

Paddle8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wait on Telus to stop honouring the grandfathered plans and then see what'll happen. There's no point in PM existing if it's just a worse version of Koodo. Time to get a call centre.

Next they'll cancel referral, auto-pay, and community participation credits. More for less indeed.

Data costs are a ripoff. It needs to be regulated like home internet.

Watoko

@geologyking, Well said!

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I do agree

il_fullxfull.123492881

I appreciate that Public Mobile is acknoledgding the comments of community users and that some/many are unhappy about the changes.  However, other than that, I see the statement as saying nothing more than that.

Unfortunately, I don't see these price changes as offering more choice and maintaining a "no frills" approach, but rather offering the same prices as others (resulting in less choice) but expecting customers to sacrifice services offered by other carriers at or about those same price points.

Need Help? Let's chat.