rita_fuchs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

@kav2001ca écrit :

To everyone:

Think of it this way

CCTS usually gets about 9000 complaints per year

They got 2500 complaints just now

I am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts most were Public clients and I am further willing to bet the CCTS called up Telus head office and asked what the f is going on

So now changes are delayed but they are still coming

Watch for our rewards to change / dissapear first

As that would cause alot of people to take next Koodo migration offer

I want to believe that they really had a lesson here and will not pursue in that avenue. For now it's a win... we sticked together and made a change. Fingers crossed.

@remikwrote:

If anything good came out of this it's that a **bleep** load of people will be getting "community discounts" on their next renewal for bad mouthing PM 😛

Not really.  Public Mobile is going to still pay out approximiately the same rewards each month, regardless.

The complaining is just going to make it so that those who had the most to say about these price changes are the ones who are rewarded the most.  With all these complaints and discussions, it's just that much harder to maintain the community rewards that most users have come to expect on a regular basis.

vn33

My trust is gone

After this public relation fiasco, what ever good feelings I had for PM has vanished. I feel so betrayed and lied to. I recommended PM to many of my friends, and here I am, being played a fool. Why? I was attracted to PM in their unequivocal declaration of no surprises, customer first business practice.

I'm sorry PM, but now I have my eyes open to other options and would not hesitate to jump if there's another better option.

Am I over reacting?  Would like to hear from you ! 

rita_fuchs

Little note : Just don't forget to remove this message in our accounts so it won't confuse customers. (Mine is in french, but it's basically the increase message.)

Capture10.JPG

I know a delay might be needed for it, but just in case... 🙂  Thanks.

@tparchiewrote:

If that day comes, good bye all Telus brands.

Bell lost my business 10 years ago.

Will Telus be next?

There's a problem with that.  How many carriers are left?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

We all appreciate that @Dave_M

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
agafaba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@lukevaderwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@lukevaderwrote:

@DavidNSwrote:

what you are quoting contradicts what they said when they offered the plan.  So what is someone supposed to believe?

That's the problem. A company can say or promise what ever it wants but as long as its not in the terms of service its just that...... an empty promise.

Actually, that could be open to interpretation:

Paragraph 74.01(1)(c) of the Competition Act is a civil provision. It prohibits the making, or the permitting of the making, to the public, of any materially misleading product warranty or guarantee, or promise to replace, maintain or repair an article. This includes circumstances in which there is no reasonable prospect that the warranty, guarantee or promise will be carried out. Under this provision, it is not necessary to demonstrate that any person was deceived or misled; that any member of the public to whom the representation was made was within Canada; or that the representation was made in a place to which the public had access. Subsection 74.03(5) directs that the general impression conveyed by a representation, as well as its literal meaning, be taken into account when determining whether or not the representation is false or misleading in a material respect.

Source: Misleading warranties and guarantees (Competition Bureau - Canada)

(italicized bold parts are my emphasis)

Arguable for sure but that "general impression" part is quite important. Sellers should not be saying contradictory things in their "fine print" vs their advertising.

Like I said earlier, it would be up to a court to decide this ruling, It comes down to intepretation of their advertising. Did they honor the promo plan for users on it after it expired? YES. Did they continue to offer it after their inital 90 day plan expired? YES. Even for an entire year. So the question is...... is that a bait and switch after providing said service a year after it expired? I say no, cause services were rendered for a reasonable period of time.

This change also applies to people who switched over from freedom 8 months ago so while they may have honored it for 90 days they havent reached the 1 year point for me yet.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541

Yes, community discussion does cost PM money ... every dollar they Reward is one dollar less they bill us, and it does all add up.

But I think the theory is that active community sort of "pays for itself" in terms of money not being spent on a support staff, clocking labour hours, manning phone lines, etc.  The "no frills" "phone company without a phone number" leans on loyal community members - we're able answer questions, provide "tech support", offer advice, etc - so PM "rewards" us for saving them money.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

Glad to hear pm finally realized

After a long discussion and after great efforts by all pm customer finally pm official change their plan about switching to koodo offer glad to hear and as I wrote few times yesterday about don't rush to koodo or don't panic. I am happy that I don't even bother to even call or check online for koodo deal on koodo website. Lol cuz I wasn't willing to move to koodo anyways. 

But happy to hear from dave. 

But peoples who already switched to koodo cuz of this text msg.  Pm should recnsider those user and offer them same plan the plan they lost cuz of this issue. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Wow, lots of things happening here in less than 2-3 days... I definitely missed the storm!

Glad the see the decision was reversed; however not feeling optimistic about the future, as I said last time with the major price hikes... 

Anyways, enjoy it while it last, and most of all keep fighting! 

Need Help? Let's chat.