cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB price change

Thank you for being honourable and keeping the promise you made to your customers!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, this is too late for some people who have already switched to koodo because they thought that they had no choice. I feel bad for those. 

This has also caused some damage in terms of customers trust. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

No he said there WILL be an increase

They just will not do it so shady like they did this time (eg renew then an hour later get a txt your rates increased)

Its coming

@MK78wrote:

So there will not be a price increase for the active users on the Fall2016 Promo?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm very annoyed, I switched to Koodo because I thought public mobile was going to increase their rate.  I am upset because I paid Public Mobile $120 for 90 days on feb 12.  With the switch, the $100 credit from Koodo does not offset the amount I paid.  I essentially paid $20 for 4 days at Public Mobile and then Koodo informed me that I will be charged a prorated amount plus the monthly bill of $40(taxes). I will be receiving a $100 credit over 4 bill cycles starting after my 2nd month bill ...technically I'm out $120 + 40 + prorated amount ...that's $160 this month...I'm better of with sticking with public mobile.  How do I switch back to Public Mobile? Will they honour the full payment I made on Feb 12?

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The fundamental problem is we need more competition in the market place.  The next time there is an opportunity to let US companies come in and compete I am going to write my MP and insist they get welcomed with open arms.

I travel to the US probably twice a year on business, the last time was for a month.  I went into a walmart in the US and bought a prepaid sim for $40 a month that gave me:

Unliminted WORLDWIDE calling (yes... WORLDWIDE calling!  I called a friend of mine in the UK and one in Australia to test it!!)

Unlimited WORLDWIDE text with pictures

6 GB of 4G LTE Data (you read that right!)

and it was PREPAID in a manner similar to public mobile.

If they were allowed in an allowed to compete in the market, I am 100% sure this kind of bait and switch BS wouldn't even be *attempted*.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dave_M wrote:

Hey Community,

I am writing to you today to let you know that we will not be moving forward with a price increase on the infamous “$40 for 4GB” plan ($120 90-day Province-Wide Talk + Text + 12GB Data), contrary to the SMS that customers on that plan received yesterday.

After sending out an offer to select customers, we heard your feedback loud and clear: we said no surprises, and we surprised you. While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today. As a brand, we have always been proud of our transparency, and of our commitment to our customers. We are sincerely sorry for any frustration caused and we want you to know that this has been a learning experience for us all.

We have been reminded that you, our customers, are vocal and passionate. We’ve seen how much some of you love Public Mobile and we’ve also seen how many of you like the added value that our sister brand, Koodo, has to offer. To that end, we are happy to say that the Koodo offer that our Public customers on the “$40 for 4GB” plan received still remains available for anyone who wishes to take advantage of it.

Thank you for your continued support,

Dave

Wow...it's like I got a serious case of whiplash in the last couple of days. First I get a shocking text message yesterday about the $10 price increase (+25% or more after rewards) on our Fall 2016 12GB promo plan.  Then, as I was reading the firestorm of feedback, I suddenly see this retraction announcement today.  Robot surprised

Good grief, this sounds like the decision-makers behind this (read: Telus) were completely unprepared for this level of blowback.  If that's the case, their customer engagement and marketing savvy earns a big fail.  How can they NOT expect shock and dismay at an increase that is at least an order of magnitude greater than the inflation rate?  This was the marketing equivalent of being tone-deaf, to put it mildly.   To Telus/PM, if you're going to hike the price, it needs to be more gradual, so customers have a chance to assimilate it, and have time to consider their options.  Also, there are customers who carry substantial balances on their accounts from vouchers and little provision was offered beyond a paltry $100 credit to mitigate their losses for switching.  This is not how you treat customers.

Thankfully, there is now a reprieve, mainly due to the customer response.  I wish I had been more available to add my voice earlier, but thank you very much to all those who spoke out against this hike.  Together, you all made a difference this time.  Who knows how long this will delay the inevitable, but I'm hoping whenever the hike does come, it will be more measured and reasonable.  I will take this episode as an early warning of things to come.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@alicejhwong TXT message notification is not legal anyways

Think this way

If I was account holder and gave the SIM to my child for his phone service

He is not 18 so can not agree / accept price increase

And Public never informed me directly

Easy to fight it

@alicejhwongwrote:

Is it going to be removed from our account msg or sent again this note via text to inform all customers of this change of heart? 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want my plan back. I am so mad today

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

& 105 people bravo his post?

Insane

Cat Sad

@Civic_Ewrote:

What a joke!!!

So I have already moved to Koodo because today Feb 16th was my renewal date for next 90 days. Now I lose the plan!!! and also had to pay for Koodo SIM card! !! !

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi , I am a newbie and only joined the community to protest it.

Me and my husband is on fall 2016 promo, my husband had received the sms and I had not.

while my husband again received a sms that the price increase is no more be done, I still see the price increase message on my online account?

is it going to be removed from the overview page?

I never recived the original sms so not sure.

thx

Need Help? Let's chat.