cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

So yes you get the $20 but do Bravo counts help you remain an Oracle or not? I've received different answers on that over my time here.

@z10user4@I am sure many factors are taken into account. I am not really sure what they are, but Bravo's probably are a factor, as they are an indicator(good or bad) of community participation.

Not sure  if an oracle has actually been fired for lack of participation.  It might even be more of an honor system(people stepping down)

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

So yes you get the $20 but do Bravo counts help you remain an Oracle or not? I've received different answers on that over my time here.

@z10user4@I am sure many factors are taken into account. I am not really sure what they are, but Bravo's probably are a factor, as they are an indicator(good or bad) of community participation.

Not sure  if an oracle has actually been fired for lack of participation.  It might even be more of an honor system(people stepping down)

Thanks mimmo_L. So, while granting that you're new, the words you chose still don't offer anything definitive. I gather then that there's no set policy. The new arrivals surely would have been apprised of it if it existed.

"I am sure many factors", "I am not really sure", "probably are". Hedging words. I use them all the time when I'm not certain.

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

There are some things that Public Mobile relies on the Oracles for things that the other members don't see, likely largely having to do with communicating the needs and opinions of the customer base.  But we can't just forget to log in for 6 months and not at least try to answer some questions.  We'd be called out for that, at the very least, by the other members of the community.  I know that Community members probably don't expect us to be at the top of the leader list, but I would imagine that they do expect us to at least  make an attempt to help whoever we can.   

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations and thanks for the help! When I joined a couple of months ago all my issues were resolved by this community, including the Oracles. It's awesome to have such helpful people here!

Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

There are some things that Public Mobile relies on the Oracles for things that the other members don't see, likely largely having to do with communicating the needs and opinions of the customer base.  But we can't just forget to log in for 6 months and not at least try to answer some questions.  We'd be called out for that, at the very least, by the other members of the community.  I know that Community members probably don't expect us to be at the top of the leader list, but I would imagine that they do expect us to at least  make an attempt to help whoever we can.   

I  believe the Oracles do have a specific target of where they are to maintain a level of standing in relation to bravos over a years period.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

@slash407 wrote:

with all these bluejay fans, its a shame the dome is gonna be empty for this whole season. It's gonna be a rough season

You're probably right about both.  But, they play the games for reason. It wouldn't be the first time that a team has gone with a bunch of unknowns and made the playoffs.  That's unlikley, but sometimes, a bunch of mediorcre players can result in a better team than a group of superstars. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

OH WOWWWWWW!!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Congrats @computergeek541 @stonechucker @SD08,and @mimmo.  You all well deserve the opportunity to become PMs newest oracle members.  You are all well deserving of this opportunity.  The vast knowledge you all bring to the PM community is amazing, and I know with the new abilities provided as oracles you will only make the community forum run that much more efficiently, and the support you'll provide to those in need will be top notch.

Congrats Smiley LOL

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrats to all the new Oracles. From the number of solutions you have provided and the Bravos you have earned you truly deserve it. 

Best wishes for your role in the new assignment. Cheers. Heart

@mimmo @stonechucker @computergeek541 @SD08

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congratulations to the new Oracles,  it is great to get a little background info too! I'm looking forward to not needing any of their help, so far my transition to PM was easy, no help required.  I would, however, like to thank you in advance, for all those, that don't appreciate the hours of unpaid work you do. Thank you!