cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!

Congrats to @mimmo_L@stonechucker@computergeek541, and @SD08 hats off 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!

@srlawren, say it ain’t so!  No Harvey’s out west?  That’s insane!  Southern Ontario also had them in Home Depot locations.  No longer in my town though.  Harvey’s is by far the best fast food hamburger chain in my mind.  For onion rings, A&W. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Harvey’s makes your hamburger, a beautiful thing!


@stonechucker I miss Harvey's.  Until my early teens, I grew up in the GTA and used to really like them.  When I first moved (well, my family moved) out west, we used to have a few, oddly enough inside Home Depot locations throughout the GVA.  But they disappeared maybe 5 or 10 years ago entirely.  I think there might still be one at the Vancouver International Airport but I haven't looked in ages.  


I cannot say for other Western Canada cities. There are a few Harvey's in the Calgary.  I still go to the one near University of Calgary.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren, say it ain’t so!  No Harvey’s out west?  That’s insane!  Southern Ontario also had them in Home Depot locations.  No longer in my town though.  Harvey’s is by far the best fast food hamburger chain in my mind.  For onion rings, A&W. 


There's still a full-sized location near me, but it no longer serves breakfast.  It's a shame, because it's probably one of the few chains that asks how you want your eggs, type of toast, buttered or not, etc.  Other big chains might accomodate your requests (except McDonalds who is not supposed to serve sunnyside up eggs because it's raw - corporate policy), but you have to specifically ask.

 

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@computergeek541 wrote:

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....


Hey...y'all're the Oracles...you can do and say whatever the heck you want...who's gonna stop ya.

🙂

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....


Hey...y'all're the Oracles...you can do and say whatever the heck you want...who's gonna stop ya.

🙂


Let's face it. This type of annoucement is more of social thread anyway once you read past the first message.  At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!

Congrats @mimmo, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, @SD08

 

Very well deserved for all 4 of you! 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....


Hey...y'all're the Oracles...you can do and say whatever the heck you want...who's gonna stop ya.

🙂


Let's face it. This type of annoucment is more of social thread anyway once you read past the first message.  At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.


Hey...I don't care what all gets said. It was you that mentioned thread derailment. So I made the quip.

Of course the new arrivals are gonna have some initial excitement. No problem. I've said my congrats.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....


Hey...y'all're the Oracles...you can do and say whatever the heck you want...who's gonna stop ya.

🙂


Let's face it. This type of annoucment is more of social thread anyway once you read past the first message.  At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.


Hey...I don't care what all gets said. It was you that mentioned thread derailment. So I made the quip.

Of course the new arrivals are gonna have some initial excitement. No problem. I've said my congrats.


no worries.  I'm sure we're both just joking around anyway.  sheytoon just thanked and congratulated us, but i think this thread has slowed down enough that for the most part, it's run its course. Most of the discussions and congraulations that were relevant to the topic probably mostly happened on the first day.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!


@computergeek541 wrote:
At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

So yes you get the $20 but do Bravo counts help you remain an Oracle or not? I've received different answers on that over my time here.