Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: A big welcome to our new Oracles!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Wow, I am late to the party.  Congrats to @computergeek541, @mimmo, @SD08 and @stonechucker on making it into the oracle team.  There is always room around the big table for a few more chairs.  I look forward to working with the new team.  Kudos to those who didn't get selected this time; your contributions to this community is equally commendable.    

Thanks @will13am

The thanks are going your way tonight.  We are celebrating your achievement!  Hey did Alan mention that the initiation ritual involves the new oracles buying the pints and wings?  JK. 

That's probably just because out of the 4 of us, I think I've been posting the most today.

At least in the movies, they show the rookie of pro sports team being responsible to pay for dinner after the game.  The ironic thing is if it's the rookie's first time being called up, he probably can't afford the bill (yet). 

Expenses Payable, Oracle

• Initiation: spring for dinner
  • Resignation: membership dues payable to the Oracle Alumni Assoc.

Wow, the bills are already starting to pile up!  Could I just pretend I was never appointed? I've already browsed the Oracles' Archive and Martin's Corner, which is the real reason I joined.  Smiley LOL

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541

Je suis un crayon

Ou et la bibliotec

Yeah ok I'm done

The only thing I remember about mandatory french class were the aliens

Zip Zap Zoup & Zop

Ah man gotta love the internet, I just googled and I am not the only one

People we are not alone in Ontario

Cat Wink

8SU2kDl

@computergeek541 wrote:

That's a lot better than me.  All I remember from mandatory French in grade school and high school is maybe some numbers and days of the week.  Growing up in Canada, if I were to turn of a tv show or movie that was being spoken in French, I might be able to figure out some of the conversation, but really I would be dependent on Google Translate.  And we all know that is far from perfect. 

@SD08 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Wow, I am late to the party.  Congrats to @computergeek541, @mimmo, @SD08 and @stonechucker on making it into the oracle team.  There is always room around the big table for a few more chairs.  I look forward to working with the new team.  Kudos to those who didn't get selected this time; your contributions to this community is equally commendable.    

Thanks @will13am

The thanks are going your way tonight.  We are celebrating your achievement!  Hey did Alan mention that the initiation ritual involves the new oracles buying the pints and wings?  JK. 

That's probably just because out of the 4 of us, I think I've been posting the most today.

At least in the movies, they show the rookie of pro sports team being responsible to pay for dinner after the game.  The ironic thing is if it's the rookie's first time being called up, he probably can't afford the bill (yet). 

Expenses Payable, Oracle

• Initiation: spring for dinner
  • Resignation: membership dues payable to the Oracle Alumni Assoc.

Wow, the bills are already starting to pile up!  Could I just pretend I was never appointed? I've already browsed the Oracles' Archive and Martin's Corner, which is the real reason I joined.  Smiley LOL

Even if we quit today, we'll forever owe the union dues.

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541

Je suis un crayon

Ou et la bibliotec

Yeah ok I'm done

The only thing I remember about mandatory french class were the aliens

Zip Zap Zoup & Zop

Ah man gotta love the internet, I just googled and I am not the only one

People we are not alone in Ontario

Cat Wink

8SU2kDl

Did your school make you listen to those cassettes with really bad pre-recorded music that told you to check the upper or lower box in the workbook?  As if getting the correct answer means that you've learned anything. You have a 50/50 chance, and just because I can figure out if a word is masculine or feminine doesn't mean that I know anything about the language!

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541

I vaguely remember it was always 1 in 4

But it was easy still because it was option of male single, female single, male plural, female plural

Or something like that

As if we couldn't tell how many there were

I also remember only 3 of the aliens really got any book time, one of them (Zoup?) is missing for like half the book!

(*edit which is also really disturbing  since its supposed to be a FAMILY; the mom dad & son all do everything but WHERE is the daughter!!!!)

@computergeek541 wrote:

Did your school make you listen to those cassettes with really bad pre-recorded music that told you to check the upper or lower box in the workbook?  As if getting the correct answer means that you've learned anything. You have a 50/50 chance, and just because I can figure out if a word is masculine or feminine doesn't mean that I know anything about the language!

Mayor / Maire

Congradulations to the new oracles.  Great choices.  More oracles, the better...

Enjoy the weekend!

@Dunkman wrote:

Congradulations to the new oracles.  Great choices.  More oracles, the better...

Enjoy the weekend!

Telus, you can afford it.  Just give everyone the title and  $20 off!  Smiley Wink  j/k

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oracles should get there plans for free!

@Murco wrote:

Oracles should get there plans for free!

I certainly wouldn't complain.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541   You guys earn it!  I sure telus could afford it! Lol