cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big welcome to our new Oracles!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

After careful consideration and listening to your feedback on who you thought would make a fantastic candidate, we would like to welcome four new members to our Oracle family: @mimmo, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, and @SD08. Congratulations to these Community experts! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community.

Want to get to know our new Oracle members better? Here are some fun facts. Plus, if you carefully check out their SIM characters, you may be able to learn even more about them.   

Mimmo_LPublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_mimmol (1).png

• Since joining in 2016, he’s gotten over 10,000 bravos - that’s a whole lotta digits! He’s also provided over 300 solutions - legendary!
  • Mimmo_L’s favourite pastimes are spending time with good company (his family) & even better food! He knows a good recipe or two because he loves to cook.
  • He’s a big fan of FC Barcelona - wonder who he thinks is the best player in the world? 😉

StonechuckerPublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_stonechucker (1).png

• Also a member since 2016, stonechucker’s posted over 4300 times and has nearly 6000 bravos - amazing stuff.
  • He’s a “self-taught techie of all things geek” and a lover of pasta, burgers, steak, and craft beer - if you need a hand from stonechucker, maybe try enticing him with some of his favourite foods!
  • He loves spending time in nature, including walking trails, cycling, and walking his adorable ‘jug’ (Pug X Jack Russell Terrier). Can you guess his favourite sport from his name?

Computergeek541PublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_computergeek541 (1).png

• Another member of the 2016 club - he’s contributed over 110 solutions has earned over 4200 bravos - impressive!
  • He loves staying up to date with the most recent tech - in his spare time, he enjoys watching Netflix and tinkering with different cell phones and computers.
  • He’s a big fan of the Blue Jays and Maple Leafs - Public Mobile fantasy league anyone?

SD08PublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_SD08 (1).png

• Not to be confused for SDO8, he’s amassed 200 solutions and over 4400 bravos - stellar!
  • SD08 is into stock trading and personal finance, and is also learning German on the side- das ist so cool!
  • He loves reading fantasy, dystopias, and thrillers - he’ll also destroy you in board games, puzzles, and Game of Thrones trivia so don’t even try it. Oddly, IKEA furniture is just like a giant hands-on puzzle for him. Need a new desk?

-Public Mobile Community team

96 REPLIES 96

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome Oracles of new! So far I've had all my questions answered by PM's Oracles either directly or in the community topics. Great resource for all inquiries you may have. Keep up the stellar work people Smiley Happy !

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Traditionally, oracles tell the future.  And the future looks bright!

c70nut

Wecome new Oracles and thanks for stepping up to the plate!!!

gauthier_eli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congrats to you guys!! 🙂

Pound

Congratulations to you all! What a community! 

@TvMann2018 wrote:

How do I add more referrals from Public mobile

You need to get out and talk to friends and see if they want to switch!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TvMann2018

How do I add more referrals from Public mobile

1Dani

Congratulations to the new Oracles,  it is great to get a little background info too! I'm looking forward to not needing any of their help, so far my transition to PM was easy, no help required.  I would, however, like to thank you in advance, for all those, that don't appreciate the hours of unpaid work you do. Thank you! 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats to all the new Oracles. From the number of solutions you have provided and the Bravos you have earned you truly deserve it. 

Best wishes for your role in the new assignment. Cheers. Heart

@mimmo @stonechucker @computergeek541 @SD08

Watoko

Congrats!!! 😄

dna2016

OH WOWWWWWW!!!!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Congrats @computergeek541 @stonechucker @SD08,and @mimmo.  You all well deserve the opportunity to become PMs newest oracle members.  You are all well deserving of this opportunity.  The vast knowledge you all bring to the PM community is amazing, and I know with the new abilities provided as oracles you will only make the community forum run that much more efficiently, and the support you'll provide to those in need will be top notch.

Congrats Smiley LOL

@slash407 wrote:

with all these bluejay fans, its a shame the dome is gonna be empty for this whole season. It's gonna be a rough season

You're probably right about both.  But, they play the games for reason. It wouldn't be the first time that a team has gone with a bunch of unknowns and made the playoffs.  That's unlikley, but sometimes, a bunch of mediorcre players can result in a better team than a group of superstars. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

So yes you get the $20 but do Bravo counts help you remain an Oracle or not? I've received different answers on that over my time here.

There are some things that Public Mobile relies on the Oracles for things that the other members don't see, likely largely having to do with communicating the needs and opinions of the customer base.  But we can't just forget to log in for 6 months and not at least try to answer some questions.  We'd be called out for that, at the very least, by the other members of the community.  I know that Community members probably don't expect us to be at the top of the leader list, but I would imagine that they do expect us to at least  make an attempt to help whoever we can.   

I  believe the Oracles do have a specific target of where they are to maintain a level of standing in relation to bravos over a years period.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

szymon247

Congratulations and thanks for the help! When I joined a couple of months ago all my issues were resolved by this community, including the Oracles. It's awesome to have such helpful people here!

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:
At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

So yes you get the $20 but do Bravo counts help you remain an Oracle or not? I've received different answers on that over my time here.

There are some things that Public Mobile relies on the Oracles for things that the other members don't see, likely largely having to do with communicating the needs and opinions of the customer base.  But we can't just forget to log in for 6 months and not at least try to answer some questions.  We'd be called out for that, at the very least, by the other members of the community.  I know that Community members probably don't expect us to be at the top of the leader list, but I would imagine that they do expect us to at least  make an attempt to help whoever we can.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous@I am sure many factors are taken into account. I am not really sure what they are, but Bravo's probably are a factor, as they are an indicator(good or bad) of community participation.

Not sure  if an oracle has actually been fired for lack of participation.  It might even be more of an honor system(people stepping down)

Thanks mimmo_L. So, while granting that you're new, the words you chose still don't offer anything definitive. I gather then that there's no set policy. The new arrivals surely would have been apprised of it if it existed.

"I am sure many factors", "I am not really sure", "probably are". Hedging words. I use them all the time when I'm not certain.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous@I am sure many factors are taken into account. I am not really sure what they are, but Bravo's probably are a factor, as they are an indicator(good or bad) of community participation.

Not sure  if an oracle has actually been fired for lack of participation.  It might even be more of an honor system(people stepping down)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....

Hey...y'all're the Oracles...you can do and say whatever the heck you want...who's gonna stop ya.

🙂

Let's face it. This type of annoucment is more of social thread anyway once you read past the first message.  At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

Hey...I don't care what all gets said. It was you that mentioned thread derailment. So I made the quip.

Of course the new arrivals are gonna have some initial excitement. No problem. I've said my congrats.

no worries.  I'm sure we're both just joking around anyway.  sheytoon just thanked and congratulated us, but i think this thread has slowed down enough that for the most part, it's run its course. Most of the discussions and congraulations that were relevant to the topic probably mostly happened on the first day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

We managed to really derail this thread, didn't we? From dinners and snacks to burgers and coffee....

Hey...y'all're the Oracles...you can do and say whatever the heck you want...who's gonna stop ya.

🙂

Let's face it. This type of annoucment is more of social thread anyway once you read past the first message.  At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

Hey...I don't care what all gets said. It was you that mentioned thread derailment. So I made the quip.

Of course the new arrivals are gonna have some initial excitement. No problem. I've said my congrats.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Congrats @mimmo, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, @SD08

Very well deserved for all 4 of you! 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

🙂

Let's face it. This type of annoucement is more of social thread anyway once you read past the first message.  At least we can't be accused of trying to get more bravos considering that that the ones that we receive don't count when it comes to figuring out the monthtly rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

🙂

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren, say it ain’t so!  No Harvey’s out west?  That’s insane!  Southern Ontario also had them in Home Depot locations.  No longer in my town though.  Harvey’s is by far the best fast food hamburger chain in my mind.  For onion rings, A&W. 

There's still a full-sized location near me, but it no longer serves breakfast.  It's a shame, because it's probably one of the few chains that asks how you want your eggs, type of toast, buttered or not, etc.  Other big chains might accomodate your requests (except McDonalds who is not supposed to serve sunnyside up eggs because it's raw - corporate policy), but you have to specifically ask.

popping

@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Harvey’s makes your hamburger, a beautiful thing!

@stonechucker I miss Harvey's.  Until my early teens, I grew up in the GTA and used to really like them.  When I first moved (well, my family moved) out west, we used to have a few, oddly enough inside Home Depot locations throughout the GVA.  But they disappeared maybe 5 or 10 years ago entirely.  I think there might still be one at the Vancouver International Airport but I haven't looked in ages.  

I cannot say for other Western Canada cities. There are a few Harvey's in the Calgary.  I still go to the one near University of Calgary.

@srlawren, say it ain’t so!  No Harvey’s out west?  That’s insane!  Southern Ontario also had them in Home Depot locations.  No longer in my town though.  Harvey’s is by far the best fast food hamburger chain in my mind.  For onion rings, A&W. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats to @mimmo_L@stonechucker@computergeek541, and @SD08 hats off 

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

@stonechucker I miss Harvey's.  Until my early teens, I grew up in the GTA and used to really like them.  When I first moved (well, my family moved) out west, we used to have a few, oddly enough inside Home Depot locations throughout the GVA.  But they disappeared maybe 5 or 10 years ago entirely.  I think there might still be one at the Vancouver International Airport but I haven't looked in ages.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

What?!?!  Creamer?  Coffee s meant to be black.  No additions.

The beer chaser I can handle!

The key to that room isn't given out until you buy the team dinner that @srlawren mentioned

Need Help? Let's chat.